• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

Rp44

I enjoy this event format. I do wish the chances for dailies would be higher, though there weren't many that I wanted so that wasn't as big of deal to me this time. I found it easier to manage my light usage if I had several, so I spent bigger chunks on two-three days. This format is also faster for me at least, especially when spending lots of currency. When playing several cities, the time it takes for the chests to spin adds up.

I had eleven cities (shhh, some of them are my nephews' cities and they love Halloween) finish the questline and end in silver (US1, 6, 7 & 8). I spent no money on currency and only one city has an Ashen Phoenix. Final cats ranged from 247 (that one only plays once-ish a day so missed a lot of outskirts pickups) to 283, average 268. Two wouldn't have finished the building without the artifact in the silver league prizes, and it was pretty close in a couple of others.

A couple of cities were down to the last few hours to pick up enough currency to buy a final 420 pack or two 195 packs and being able to buy those rather than single lights made a big difference. I hate how stingy INNO is with currency. I don't like that being able to log in several times a day versus twice a day can make a difference between finishing a building or not, all other things being equal.

I did spring for the Royal Prizes in a city I maintain for one of my nephews. He loves wolves and his city just entered Woodelves (where pop/culture buildings become fantastic) so the Spirit Wolf Pack was an acceptable use of his accumulated diamonds. I wouldn't buy them in my own cities, but . . . different goals. :)

StarLoad

I really have a strong dislike for this event format! That being said, I caved yesterday. I made gold. I even woke up early in the AM just to check that I was still in gold. I decided I had to have the black cat. My beautiful black baby would be proud if only cats could understand :D
I like the format and was able to get gold on Arendyll for 1 account and yes I dropped diamonds to make sure I stayed gold. and got 2 bases and 11 artifacts and both of the cute "Catvatars"

The Unbeliever

But... what part of Elvenar isn't "child's play"? it's not like Log-in>click to collect>Click upgrade is overly cerebral. The Paper>Rock>Scissors of combat isn't particularly challenging either... so what exactly do you want out of a simple app/browser game?

What scratches your grown-up itch? Your post mentions an running your city as efficiently as possible, for others they take a tiny bit of joy from running the mist as efficiently as possible (see gold finishes without diamonds)
Having myself played everything from classical JRPG Dragon Quest & 'active' turn-based Final Fantasy combat... to the 'strategic' Fire Emblem -> Final Fantasy Tactics Advance I + II indempth classes & combat systems... and to the more 'live action' formats of Zelda & Hyrule Warriors/Fire Emblem Warriors combat systems...
(...say what want about how stupidly OP Shiek is, those friggin "Don't get hit!" missions are still absolute nightmares!lol)

I can safely say that Elvenar's pretend combat system is a steaming pile of moldy gak. :p
There is NOTHING challenging or strategic about combat in Elvenar. It's barely ever-so-slightly above the level of brainless button mashing that 'Zero-Skill-Spamus' in Smash 4 required.

OIM20

I'm sure someone must have covered this, but for my two cents for what gets back to the devs (if it does) of forum comments:
  • I would like to suggest that broken rune shards not be a part of the "rewards" in chests from now on unless the devs are going to increase the maximum capacity of the shards. Basically, we open a chest and get literally nothing for it when we're "awarded" shards and we already have 10. And since we get them in the tourney, this is a prize that doesn't benefit players who have a lot of open provinces that they complete each week. So, if the devs are going to increase the maximum capacity, or simply make it so we can have as many of those as we want like spell fragments, I don't mind the shards. But as it stands now, it felt like I got cheated out of my event currency for uncovering that chest and opening it when I didn't get anything from it.
  • The 2 KP prize also seemed like getting a middle finger for participating. (I don't know if I'm allowed to say that in the forum. If not, I can edit it out, but I've put it behind an inline spoiler until @helya tells me I can't say that.) I appreciate that they're trying to play around with the prizes a bit, but getting cheaper prizes only makes me want to participate less.
  • That said, I dropped diamonds in one city for the premium building and a few extra currency to be able to get the 8th artifact. I like the level 9 animation enough that I don't think I'll upgrade to level 10 unless/until the artifacts come into the Spire and I [possibly] win one then. I'll be using the FA prizes for the 2020 artifacts to guarantee I'll be able to get some benefit from the Witch's Hut when it eventually comes into the MA for crafting. <- upcoming FA spoiler info
  • I would also like to ask that the chests not be 2250 gems, 2250 gems, 2250 gems, and a small chance of winning the daily prize. At least put some variety in the chest. (No, I don't have a screenshot of that one.)
  • I appreciate that the chapter specificity was removed for this event for the instants in the chests and I won several portal profits for my pre ch 6 cities. I don't know whether that was intentional on the devs' part. I'm thinking it had to be since the goods prizes were still chapter specific.
  • I'm not sure whether I like the format or not. I know I like the 'regular' events better - but they're all I've played to this point besides the "scratch card" [QFG]. So far, I think the "scratch cards" are my favorite.
  • THANK YOU for all the military troop instants! I especially find those useful in Sinya and Harandar where I only have either the Barracks or the Training Grounds (not both). They are loved in Elcysandir for saving me supplies in recruiting.
  • That said, question: will the "use 1 troop instant" tasks be returning to events? And does this mean that we will be getting troop instants again in the future instead of odd amounts of troops from the chests? (I prefer the troop instants, if that was unclear.)
  • I noticed that the "OR" option was rather sparse in this event compared to all the events I've previously played. Example: While it did remain for "Solve x encounters OR Solve x Spire/Tournament encounters" there were quite a few "Collect x Enchantments" that had no OR option where in previous events this year, they have had an option to keep players from getting stuck on those quests. Will this be a feature in upcoming events as well? Will we no longer be given the options we have been given in order to complete a quest?
  • I am admittedly not fond of being shut out of getting a second base entirely in every city unless I choose to spend copious amount of diamonds. Making the second base come behind a new avatar is probably going to be come a regular feature of events, and I understand that you're in business to make money. Frankly, I'm not in that much of a hurry to get to the next chapter to drop enough diamonds to get enough event currency to get enough lighting sources to clear enough mist and get enough cat-foxes (do you see how overly complicated you made progressing in this event?) to obtain a second base of yet another T3+1 good producer, despite getting banshees.
  • That said: I like the banshees. It will free up slots in my Training Grounds (in Elcysandir, and later, Harandar) because I do use my banshees when I have military booster buildings laid out. Thank you for the banshees. To be honest, they're the only reason I kept participating in the event after I had the daily prize buildings I wanted.
  • I LOVED the "re-roll" feature! Please, please, please make that permanent! I liked being able to try again for the Freakenspleen building, since it was only available on the one day in the daily prizes and I dropped every bit of event currency I had on it in Harandar at various times that day and didn't get one until less than two minutes remained before the daily prize switched over. Using the re-roll let me get another one later, as well as letting me get a second one in Sinya Arda. I liked having the option of getting a different daily prize, since I don't participate on days where the offered prize is something I don't want.
With respect to the upcoming FA, please continue to make prizes that allow us to choose between related artifacts. If I didn't get a second base, the only thing more of the artifacts are good for in cities where I reached level 10 is spell fragments. While I always need spell fragments, I appreciate not having to be at the whim of the RNG gods for artifacts in the Spire - especially since it seems to want to shut me out entirely in Elcysandir. My artifact results in that city so far are 4 Mermaids, and 3 Valentines. No Gingerbread to speak of, and so far no Coldfire Phoenix.

I think that's all, but if I have anything else to add, I'll just edit this comment instead of boring people by adding another. TY for whatever does get passed on as far as feedback to the event coordinators via our wonderful CMs. (*calls bakery to deliver platter of sweets* No passing on illnesses. ;))

[Sorry for not going back and reading 22 pages, but I've been ill lately and hadn't kept up with the forum (or my NH as my FS members can tell you, since I usually do that daily and I've been doing it maybe 4 times each week for the past couple of weeks). Kudos to @crackie for winning with the @Iyapo1 pumpkin. :D It really was the best, imo. ;)]

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
What scratches your grown-up itch? Your post mentions an running your city as efficiently as possible, for others they take a tiny bit of joy from running the mist as efficiently as possible (see gold finishes without diamonds)

Other than being one of the luckiest players in this game, I cannot imagine how players could have gold finishes without spending. I finished all the quests and collected backpacks multiple times a day but could not reach enough cats blindly clearing my way through the fog. I don’t see how perceived skill would have made much difference since there were only 3 items to choose from and most of the time it seemed obvious whether to use lanterns or globes. Anyway, no way I could have made gold without spending on the last day.
Adding: I do love the troop instants! More of those please.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
question: will the "use 1 troop instant" tasks be returning to events?
Yes
I noticed that the "OR" option was rather sparse in this event compared to all the events I've previously played. .....Will this be a feature in upcoming events as well? Will we no longer be given the options we have been given in order to complete a quest?
You will see the "Or" quests remain in future quest lists
I LOVED the "re-roll" feature! Please, please, please make that permanent!
You'll see this feature return again

I'll add the rest of your feedback to the other comments I'm seeing in this thread for when I send up our community's report.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Oh NO! I used my troop instants. That is why I like getting them. I wish I would have known we were just supposed to hoard them :( That seems like a real waste since we now battle every day of the week between the Spire and Tournament. I sure hope this one of only a few things I liked about this event doesn't come back & bite me.

DeletedUser29768

I LOVED the "re-roll" feature! Please, please, please make that permanent! I liked being able to try again for the Freakenspleen building, since it was only available on the one day in the daily prizes and I dropped every bit of event currency I had on it in Harandar at various times that day and didn't get one until less than two minutes remained before the daily prize switched over. Using the re-roll let me get another one later, as well as letting me get a second one in Sinya Arda. I liked having the option of getting a different daily prize, since I don't participate on days where the offered prize is something I don't want.
I agree, the re-roll feature was a very good addition. Personally, I like trying to collect as many of the daily prizes as I can (starting with the best, of course), so I re-rolled quite a lot. There were a few dailies I skipped when they were the starting prize, but later, when I had collected the prizes I was most interested in, I grabbed them on re-rolls. I think I was more engaged knowing that, even when the current prize was a lame one, there was still a chance of getting a better one. I'm glad to hear it will be kept in future events.

DeletedUser29768

Oh NO! I used my troop instants.
Oh, yeah, that could be a problem. :oops: I'm glad I didn't use any of mine yet. Here's hoping there's a doable OR option on those quests, or we'll probably be seeing a ton of complaints from people who don't have any left. (And more big headaches for @helya :rolleyes:)

OIM20

Oh, yeah, that could be a problem. :oops: I'm glad I didn't use any of mine yet. Here's hoping there's a doable OR option on those quests, or we'll probably be seeing a ton of complaints from people who don't have any left. (And more big headaches for @helya :rolleyes:)
Or more troop instants offered as prizes in the next event. They'd have to do that if they don't offer "or" options for the new players coming into the game.
______________________________________​
I'll add the rest of your feedback to the other comments I'm seeing in this thread for when I send up our community's report.
Thank you! I truly appreciate all you do for us. :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Or more troop instants offered as prizes in the next event.

They must do this or offer an OR that is anything but scouting. I know others have mentioned the troop instants being used in prior events but I don't really remember. Worst case would be sitting out whatever event they are needed for from that point forward. I am a firm believer in instants being there to use, not to hoard.

DeletedUser29768

Or more troop instants offered as prizes in the next event. They'd have to do that if they don't offer "or" options for the new players coming into the game.
Yes, I think they would almost certainly be prizes in events with quests for them, but there's sure to be some people who don't manage to win any (or enough) and can't complete the quest, particularly if they're not a common prize. Either way, I would hope they offer an OR to allow people to get past.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@OIM20 absolutely agree on the rune shard, that was a wasted prize each time. I "won" 40, but only gained 2 I think.

I'd also like to see the Carting Library and Ferris Wheel Galore swap between Silver and Bronze. FWG takes 6 tiles for 50 days of 1 KP. Carting Library takes 2 tiles for 100 days of 1KP, vastly superior.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Quests can always be changed before they hit Beta. So don't stress about unit instants just yet. If they do show up, there should be an OR option.
and also yes, unit instants as prizes will be available as well

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
You confirm my point. I love this event format. I wish this was the format for all the events. You apparently do not. We're different.

How can the developers listen to us when we don't all agree on what we want them to do?
Just because you two are different, doesn't mean the other person wants it "easy." What might be hard for you another might find easy and vice versa, since there are other strategies to utilize in other formats.