• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Winter Magic discussion

Dopeykr

Apparently there can be only one!!! I've claimed the Grand Prizes 21 times & there's only the 1 Evolving Structure Base.

Soleil Nightbloom

Apparently there can be only one!!! I've claimed the Grand Prizes 21 times & there's only the 1 Evolving Structure Base.
You have the option for the second base with the Tome of Winter Spirit Legendary Sorcery, when you get to and claim 300 winter gifts in the grand prize line.

Yogi Dave

You have the option for the second base with the Tome of Winter Spirit Legendary Sorcery, when you get to and claim 300 winter gifts in the grand prize line.
The Tome of Winter Spirit Legendary Sorcery lets you choose between 3 bases: Watchful Winter Owl, Gingerbread House or Bobblin's Express. If you gotten 21 grand prizes, you have that. It will be in the Sorceries tab of the Spells Inventory dialog.

Tehya1

Sometimes I get the newsletters, sometimes I don't. They're not in my spam folder. My settings have always allowed Inno to send me e-mails. I've never changed my e-mail. :rolleyes: No clue why it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Guess we just have to celebrate when we do get them
I wasn't getting them either until I changed my email, and then reversed it. Then I did the confim the change email. Not sure why that worked, but it did.

Tehya1

Okay, I do like this forum. It sucks if you have 200 or less keys unless you are really lucky, but if you hoard keys for a day or even a few, you will get the daily that you want.

Sarafyne

Just out of curiosity, did you watch the winter event video? I couldn't understand half of what Boblin(?) said.
Yes I did, that's how I know he has an accent. And I understood him, but after working for many years with people from all over the globe I've maybe developed a better "ear" for understanding accents

Zoof

I found Boblin a wee bit difficult to understand, yes. Thank goodness someone had the foresight to add subtitles. If not, then congrats on Google for making something that can understand *that* and generate subtitles anyway

But I really came here to comment about the gift shop and how the heck it can hold so many people when my super-duper fancypants residences can't. I've many theories but my favorite one involves every goblin being a Time Lord and that every shop is actually a TARDIS.

EDIT: Okay, new favorite pet theory: The Express Service isn't actually Boblin's first rodeo and that experience had to come from somewhere. I think it started off with embiggening the underground of all the gift shops the year before in preparation for this year but overdid it and the locals repurposed some of the container storage areas for living areas

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Very odd! The announcement said there was no Leagues System this time - but I still got the reward two days after the event ended, in my city in Beta!!
Explanation by Marindor senior community manager on the beta Forum: "The League Rewards indeed shouldn't have been active for this event. Well, let's say sometimes bugs can cost you stuff and sometimes they can be a nice little extra. Let's see this one as an example of the last option."

265407363_10220241488048006_4207859673823646567_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Is there a list of daily prizes? I’ll like to save up my keys for some awesome daily goodies especially after having to restart my city with it accidentally being deleted yesterday. Helya restarted me up with a bunch of keys and I want to use them wisely and at the moment I don’t need that many supplies.

All the event information, recorded in actual gameplay, has been in this Google Doc since the day that the event started in Beta: https://tinyurl.com/kkdzfvue

261768898_10220192795630726_8544275131898973378_n.jpg

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I just got what looks like a canned response from in-game support (not @helya!). "We're sorry you did not receive the email. Make sure to check your junk and/or spam folders, and if you still do not see it, then you may like to check your game settings to be sure you have enabled the setting which allows InnoGames to send you emails. You can find this by clicking on the gear in the bottom right hand corner of your game, and then choosing "Data Usage Options." Make sure there is a check in the boxes for allowing email communications. Unfortunately, the emails were already sent as a single batch send to all players we are unable to re-send emails to specific individuals."

Sometimes I get the newsletters, sometimes I don't. They're not in my spam folder. My settings have always allowed Inno to send me e-mails. I've never changed my e-mail. :rolleyes: No clue why it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Guess we just have to celebrate when we do get them. :D

Sometimes you'll get the same canned response from me since we don't have a lot of options for players that don't get the newsletter and have allowed it in their settings.

A full email search is a really good first option, as @Soleil Nightbloom mentioned, but It's possible that your email provider is blocking the newsletter as potential spam so you can add us.elvenar@mail.innogames.com to your whitelist, or if you use a local client to access web-based mail (Gmail address through Outlook, for example) the email may just not be coming through. In that case, try accessing the web-based version of your mailbox and you may still find it there.

Also if you have EVER clicked the little opt-out from the bottom of the emails themselves you will never be able to receive them again, we can't undo that.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
They are not showing in any of the tabs, I guess I should report it.
Sometimes they give troop instants and sometimes they just give individual troops with a number under them. You can see the difference because the troop instants have a number such as 5, 10, or 25 (and I don't think they're giving the 25 in this event). If you see a number above 25 on the troops when you win the prize, then that's not a troop instant. That's just a number of actual troops what were put directly into your barracks, not in your tabs. I've won a few of those this time.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The end of the event was bugged. I completed the questline within a couple of hours of it spawning but didn't claim all of the prizes in the questgiver because I wanted to check that I had screenshots of the story. The next morning the questgiver was gone, and although I gave them lots of lead time Support was unable to restore it. I lost 2 Artifacts and at least 150 in event currency (and that's on me, I suppose), besides the Goddess. It appears that I and others in a similar situation had to be given something; I suspect that this is why the League prizes were enabled. Of course I got Bronze because I was short on EC.
Can I just point out that I really hope that it was Beta Support that emailed me at 2 am ? On Sunday :mad:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Can I just point out that I really hope that it was Beta Support that emailed me at 2 am ? On Sunday :mad:
I usually start replying to tickets at 4 AM Eastern time, so it's quite possible that someone was in a different timezone and answered your ticket either late in the evening or very early in the morning. We have someone answering tickets almost 24 hours a day on US, I would guess beta is the same. They use volunteers like we do, so replies are limited to when someone has logged in.

Quests with encounters should have alternates (4 encounters or 4?) for when both the Tournament and Spire are closed. As my city is already overscouted. Winter Magic forces me to choose between more overscouting or skipping a few days a week and probably not finishing all 99 quests.

Yogi Dave

Also if you have EVER clicked the little opt-out from the bottom of the emails themselves you will never be able to receive them again, we can't undo that.
If you have done that, would changing your game e-mail address to a different account get you back in the good graces of the e-mail gods?

Sarafyne

I've had some time off so had spare time to play the quests. 2 of my cities are already down to the daily quests. I really wished Inno would add more quests to these Events . I'm going to be doing daily quests for 3 weeks this time instead of the usual 2 weeks....
In other words all these extra rewards cannot be reached by game play alone :(
Sarafyne