• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Winter Magic discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Response to reply #1: Look again. If you want to call me out, do it correctly. The link was NOT what I was referring to.
Then be more specific in your whinging, there's so much of it from you it's hard to keep track.

no sig.png

And where's your reply to part 2? You know, the part where a free list is provided to you out of kindness from strangers and yet you have the audacity to complain because it's not perfect? Disregarding your own zero contributions of course.

no sig.png

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
and I've never gotten the emails..... it is what it is, but as usuall
Since you are still here and active in the forums, Inno should have your email address. I think they purged everyone who did not link an email address to their account from the forums some time ago. You might want to check your spam folder for emails from Inno. There typically is an email from Inno which offers free event currency for every event. It will go to the first city you log into after clicking the link in the email.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol. So many of you made me smile.

Yes, the Iceni, is my crew, Boudicca's Iceni to be precise, available to any keen tourneyer who can play nicely with others, on EN1 or EN2. Yes that is the International server, where I have completed nearly 6 full years of game play, and have the honor of leading 2 fine groups, and for whom I maintain a personal Discord server, complete with advanced Guest Race quests and event guides. But again - only available to those who play nice with others. Anyone else gets to argue with our gatekeeper Loki.

So far, I have 13 Grand Prizes in every city, for 8 Artifacts each (in any city that has finished the questline ofc). I will pick up final key drops, maybe see if the MA gods will grant me some :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: and decide which cities would truly benefit from a 9th Artifact.

As someone mentioned above, there is some variation in the questline, and I am pretty sure Gems always has a disclaimer, as your mileage may vary. But I cross checked with Primrose Sylvia (and Ursus Major's early lists) for consistency, so please, direct your comments to InnoGames' staff, as they have invited our feedback. I know we're all picturing Andreas here. ;)
(Edited due to a need to first search out Andreas' video, nearly as much fun as the Carnival video of a few years ago).

Last edited:

Lelanya

Also.
Thanks everyone for the love and appreciation shown to Gems, and of course to every single player who reads and translates the game files, to share them. Some share internally, some in a more public fashion.
Thanks to all the Beta testers, who collect the quests by playing the events, often during FA on live dontcha know, and again, maybe share it with their fellowship, or contribute to Jack's site.

Personally I work hard to collect the wording of the quests as viewed on Beta.
Fresh supplies to provide for the inhabitants of your city, vs fresh supplies to retool your craftsmen and workers.
But then, I get a quest to donate 15kps to a Wonder of my choice while live gets spend 12. Quests change, so my wee Beta city may have to collect 25 Vision Vapor but live realms only need 20, I may have to upgrade 2 buildings while y'all need only 1...
Take it with a grain of salt. Typically these quests are scaled back so a dedicated player in chapter 2 can complete them.
The part that gets my back up, is when someone complains about it. Geesh! Welcome to my world, even if you read the files from Beta and live they are still subject to change at any time (according to Marindor).

Still getting 8 Artifacts in most cities. If I were tempted to move into range of Unurium, I would need 9. The fact that's it hard to get, goes to show how few players need this feature as yet.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I do love the shuffle board cash in method. It so much quicker then the other methods. And if you wait for a certain daily reward to cash a lot in at once, then that makes a big difference. So i like the shuffle board.

My main city i wasnt sure i would get all 9 artifacts on.. i ended at 19/20 presents to get the 9th artifact... yea.. so iv been colecting key drops around the city all day trying to get to 25 keys to get that last on. Its 4:30am (30 min before event ends) And i jsut got the last key to get that last present and thus the last artifact.

My second city is not so lucky. Hes at 14/20 on the last artifact with only 41 keys left (one square worth.) Even if he gets the 1/16th chance of the 4present square.. he would still be short of that last artifact.

And both cities completed all quests, got the 100 key email, and collected drops around the city at the same time. They both got all the same progression keys.

Worth noting however that my two cities did not have an even rate of keys appearing on the outskirts of the city. By the time i cashed in on my first daily exclusive, they were already 28 keys apart form each other. And both were at the very same point in the quests completed and bonus stuff collected. I also collected keys on the outskirts of town at the same time on both cities every time. (Since both cities are up on two different comps, i can literally collect one city, look over, collect the other city.) There was jsut a big difference on the over all value of the keys.

So if necro had that 28 key difference + the 41 he has now = 69 keys + the potential keys from city outskirts dropped after this moment..(would only need 6) That could have very well been the full 75 keys needed for three more squares on the cash in grid. And with a presentx4 available.... i would have to get that for sure, but it could be 6 presents worth. Which is percicly what necro is short atm on reaching that final artifact.

currency winter event_01.jpg
currency wnter event_02.jpg

Edit: wow... I used the last square worth of points on necro right before the end... full new board, single presentx4 square, No others. ... .... single square cash in... and he got the presentx4! 0.0 Necro actualy got the 1/16 chance of getting that lol. So he was sitting at 18/20 presents for the last artifact, with 16 keys left...
So necro was 2 presents short. Or 34 keys worth at the end (for single present squares).

Last edited:

Moho

Chef
The Winter Magic event has been pretty generous to me.

I have managed to evolve the main event building to level 10 in three cities without spending any diamonds. I have even obtained the owl portrait in every city - it is true, however, that but for the 100 keys I won in the December Contest I wouldn't have gotten the portrait in Winyandor. But all is well that ends well.

About an hour before the event was over I participated in a survey where I expressed my satisfaction with this whole thing.

For the past 10 hours or so I had managed to gather the 25 keys necessary to obtain one more prize in Ceravyn and Winyandor. I was able to get the last key in Arendyll literally 5 minutes before the event was over. I used the magnifying glass for the last time and the content of two boxes was revealed: two buildings - the Ghosts of Past, Present and Future and the Magical Supply Station. I already had 3 of the former and 1 of the latter, but I chose to pick the Ghosts of Past, Present, and Future because it looked like a more useful building.

And then everything was gone.

I look forward to the next everrt. :)

WinterEvent.jpg

The Unbeliever

Made 9 artifacts in both my cities quite easily... and no e-mail bonus keys this time either, since it was dad's turn to grab those.;)
K-world wound up 3 pressies short of the portrait, while my E-world was 10 short. Not fluffed about it, as I'm not really a fan of the owl portrait anyways. (...can't wait to see what the next event will hold though, as "The Forbidden Ruins" has a darker sounding tone to it - yippie!!)

This event really did require continuous collection of incident keys around the city though, so those who only check their cities once or twice a day, and/or only ever pick-up about 12-15 key icons/day probably fell short due to that issue.

Cleo7311

No memory either way. Or I may have missed one and skipped over since the display is a bit odd about deciding which reward chests to show. So maybe unclaimed rewards will appear later???

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Any unclaimed Grand Prizes were added to your account when the event ended.

Oh yeah, I could have verified that, but I was not paying attention to the questions. lol

In my US6 city, which I only use it now for testing and such, the last couple of events I logged in during the event, but did not touch anything for the events because I was testing what counted as "active" for qualifying for League rewards, and when I logged in again after the event was over, I received the building base in a pop-up, plus the Hobby League rewards.

Valtitude

I guess climate change came to Elvenar this afternoon. I'd upload a picture of my green city, but suddenly all of my files are too large for the Forum to handle :rolleyes:

Hey can the Devs banish the deep freeze hovering over my region along with the snow?
oggle atmospheric effects to stop the snow falling, might not get rid of snow on the ground though.
I guess climate change came to Elvenar this afternoon. I'd upload a picture of my green city, but suddenly all of my files are too large for the Forum to handle :rolleyes:

Hey can the Devs banish the deep freeze hovering over my region along with the snow?
Toggle atmospheric effects to stop the snow falling, might not get rid of snow on the ground though.

Maplestone

*new poster cautious peeks at the forums to add another little data point of feedback*

Although I have had fortunate runs of luck in the final hours/days of the last few events, I have to admit I'm not a fan of how stressful it has become crawling towards the finish line to complete evolving buildings.

Lelanya

Feedback for @helya
Can you please remind the sales department that they might make more money for the company if they time the sales offer to after we North Americans get home from work on the final day??

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Can you please remind the sales department that they might make more money for the company if they time the sales offer to after we North Americans get home from work on the final day??

If you are talking about the usual 3-hour flash sale on the final day of events, it triggers the first time you enter the game during the final 24 hours of the event. I have gone into my game as late as mid-afternoon and had that sale pop up and last the full 3 hours and other times I have been up extra late at night and gone into the game a little after 5am and had it pop up then instead.

Sprite1313

*new poster cautious peeks at the forums to add another little data point of feedback*

Although I have had fortunate runs of luck in the final hours/days of the last few events, I have to admit I'm not a fan of how stressful it has become crawling towards the finish line to complete evolving buildings.
Welcome to the forum. :) (Okay, that’s not super helpful in furthering discussion on your post, but thought it was worth saying, anyway).

Lemon Wren

I like the style of gameplay in this event and love the look of the buildings. What I find puzzling though is this:

When I first started playing the game in early 2021 I stumbled blindly through events. Didn't have a clue as to what anything was or how it worked, never finished an event and still managed to end with fully evolved buildings. But the last few events I haven't gotten close to getting fully evolved buildings. This time I played the event like a fiend and finished for the very first time and still only got 9/10 for the event building. And no profile pic. I considered just buying my way to the finish, but discovered you can only buy currency/keys and I'm just not going to buy chances to win an artifact or a profile pic. Would I buy either one? Yes, depending on the price, but I'm never going to spend money on what are basically loot crates.

So while I am overall happy with the event, my expectations based upon prior gameplay were not met so it's a mixed bag for me.