• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[20601] Mobile-Can't Log Back In

• Thread starter DeletedUser6326
  • Start date

DeletedUser6326

Game version: 1.48
Game world: All US servers through mobile app
Browser + version: ITunes App
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: iPhone 5 and iPhone6
Screen resolution: __
Account name: BlackthornRaven
Humans or Elves: Both
Current situation: After logging in to one world and then logging out, button to log in does not work. Back button does not work. Logging in with Facebook button does not work. It stays on the log in screen. The only way to use the app is to remove it from iTunes after each world is played in and then downloading it again to play in another world.

Expected situation:
Successful logging in after first log out

Deleted User - 1463775

Game version: Android 1.48.1-76b15dc-0
Game world: Felyndral (US3), Elcysandir (US5)
Browser + version: Android app
Flash Player version: n/a
Operating System: Android 5.0.2 (Samsung Galaxy Tab 4)
Screen resolution: 1280x800
Account name: Cleo the Muse
Humans or Elves: Both

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: n/a

Current situation: Logging into one of my cities when first launching the app works as expected. However, after logging out of that city and then logging into the other--without first exiting the app--errors occur.

The first error happens immediately after logging back in: the "Play" button won't launch either city. I have to press the "Back" button, log in again, and THEN I can launch a city.

Only this time, the app reaches 5/16, flashes the "no network" symbol, then restarts at 2/16. This cycle continues until interrupted by exiting the app, or by the app crashing.

In order to successfully log in, I must then exit out of the app using the "tile" button to show all open apps, click the 'X' to close the Elvenar app, then launch the app again. Then, when I return to the app, it will begin the login process immediately, and load the city instantly without prompting for username, password, or server.

This occurs whether the first city selected is the same or different from the second city selected, and has been reproduced with both Fel (US3) and Elcy (US5) cities in any order of selection.

Attempting to log out and back in again for a third city produces varying results: either an 'Internal Error' pop-up, the 'Play' button again doesn't function, or the city--if the same city as previously loaded--loads correctly.

Expected situation: Login functions normally without exiting the app, no matter how many times I exit and re-enter. Better situation would be that I could switch servers within the app WITHOUT logging out and back in again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello,

This is a known issue and it has been presented to the developers. Thank you for the reports!

~Xelenia

Updated with JIRA :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser2768

I'm having a similar issue with my Samsung Galaxy S8 Active.

Log in to first world okay. Log out, log in, and it won't go to my next city until I close out the app altogether and reload it.

Arayla

Workarounds for both iOS and Android from the Beta moderators:

For IOS: After logging out of the game try to login again, login screen fails then press the home button to close the game page. Now double press the home button and any pages you have worked will go to the centre of the screen. Then just swipe the Elvenar page straight up and it will clear. Then go back to game and you'll get straight in.

For Android:
1 Go to Settings > Device maintenance > Battery
2 Either:
a) disable power saving mode (set to off) or
b) on either Mid or Max power saving mode, select Custom, and set CPU Speed limiter to Off

DeletedUser12586

Hey developers, what's the word? This problem is beyond acceptable. Not being able to log into the game isn't a "bug," it's a wall that shouldn't still be four days in the making. Also, this issue spans into the contact support page. So if someone wanted to inquire for help, they better already be registered with the forums because they won't be able to contact you. Come on.
Additional: I know your focus is elsewhere, but you can't expect people to do well or even participate in the fellowship adventure if they can't log in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6326

With the new release that just came out today (mobile 1.49), I am now able to log in and out of each world without any problems, through the app!! Yay!! ...and there are teasers there for the upcoming Easter event! ;)
(I did have to delete the app and re-install Elvenar on my iPhone for the changes to take effect.)