• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

24 hour production cycles

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849402856
  • Start date

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@SoggyShorts

It isn't that hard to address the KP/CC issue as the original poster suggested, make them less than 24 hrs. 23 or 21 seem good choices. If they have coded things in the usual manner all it would take is to change 24 to 23 or 21 in the duration tables for those "single production" items and then let the system recalculate everything as needed (as it probably does now on the fly anyway). Thus, no EC is necessary and everything else will just carry on as usual.

AJ

defiantoneks

While I am slightly miffed when I miss a nighttime 24hr collection because it "drifted", guess what? next morning it's there to grab and move on and it will be a morning collection til i miss it, then it's lunchtime collect. and so forth. i feel like this is fair since all players face the same dilemma. The evolving buildings are basically bonus to me so being unable to time boost them is just part of the game. Time management is key to everything in the game as is, so you could claim all productions are a problem if you only visit once or twice, since some production time would get wasted while you didn't get in to collect them.

Basically, yes they want you in the game, playing. Thats why short productions are better than long ones… you come back in 3 hrs and get more. Then maybe you do decide to buy diamonds… or you tell your friends to come play.

ajqtrz

While I am slightly miffed when I miss a nighttime 24hr collection because it "drifted", guess what? next morning it's there to grab and move on and it will be a morning collection til i miss it, then it's lunchtime collect. and so forth. i feel like this is fair since all players face the same dilemma. The evolving buildings are basically bonus to me so being unable to time boost them is just part of the game. Time management is key to everything in the game as is, so you could claim all productions are a problem if you only visit once or twice, since some production time would get wasted while you didn't get in to collect them.

Basically, yes they want you in the game, playing. Thats why short productions are better than long ones… you come back in 3 hrs and get more. Then maybe you do decide to buy diamonds… or you tell your friends to come play.

I think you are basically right that Inno wants you "in the game, playing." But that means keeping a balance between challenge (or frustration for some) and enjoyment (usually brought about by some kind of success). The 24 hour clock is a challenge/frustration because it makes things more difficult. The question is: "would changing it reduce the positive "challenge" aspect of the game significantly -- meaning that the lack of challenge makes the game more boring -- or would changing it reduce the frustration of "drift" (good word choice there), so that more enjoyment encourages people to play more?

Personally, I find the drift problem not a challenge but an annoyance. Most player's probably do and since most players are probably on some kind of schedule -- meaning they play at the same time's most days -- drift disrupts their ability to play consistently and may discourage their play at all....though it's probably pretty minor so the actual effect may be difficult to measure. In any case, I very much doubt changing would be a major negative, since reducing or eliminating drift would certainly not reduce playing time in most people, but might actually increase it as the annoyance/frustration of drift is gone. Those on a more flexible schedule who can follow the drift around the clock as it occurs, are probably just as likely to play the same amount since they don't follow the clock completely but, as you suggest, follow it until bed time (in effect resetting it for the morning) and if the production is after that, pick it up in the morning.

So, I'm still for correcting drift.

AJ

StarLoad

I agree @ajqtrz the drift is an annoyance, I set an alarm so I go do my visits every night and even when I see them available before the alarm time I ignore them and just go with the 24 hour cycle.

Aritra

I have all of my 24/48/21 *no early collect* items grouped together and alarm on my phone. I can usually sweep them up fairly quickly (even if it means waking up in the middle of the night to sweep and then go back to sleep). However, when it drifts into work hours, I can't always get away and the drift worsens. (Moonstone is at 21-hr, but it is an exception to sit and be collected with the 24s; Polar bear is 48 so it can get messy)

I don't like stagnant productions. As little down time as possible. No early collects allowed to fill up (because then they stop). Near immediate production turnover is anticipated. Apparently I'm a slave driver in my town. Nobody gets a break if I can help it. When the drift forces an inordinate delay in collection, grrrr If I could collect the once-a-days at the approximate same time every day, that works. Totally. Except... drift. :rolleyes:

And every so many days, I am forced to let it sit for several hours to get past the dead zone: the hours no decaying material is collected to minimize loss. Early-collect producers (such as festival merchants) are roughly timed so they are harvested and able to continue producing during the dead zone, no filling up and sitting (then swept once the witching hour has passed). If the once-a-day-no-early-collect buildings were on a 23-hr like NH, I could manage it easily and keep it consistent within the designated hour (and no need for suspension to avoid the dead zone). But, no. It's 24 hour so it drifts. :eek:

I know I'm not really saying anything new. Just had to add my own grrrr to the thread... :cool:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Not a chance :oops:

No way in hell :mad:

I've set my alarm maybe 10x in the last 5 years and all of those were for flights. Inno would have to pay me baller levels to wake up for them.

I think the last time I set an alarm for this game was in early 2017. I had my heart set on winning the first tourney involving a blueprint, and I needed 6 rounds.
Those who were there will remember S&D was the top of the tech tree, and Evolving Buildings were 2 years down the road, so the only boosts were :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: purchased with real money.

I did make 6 rounds, and I did win that tournament. There is no high quite the same as a well executed tournament ambush that pays 1000 ranking points and annoys former Archmages :cool:

Aritra

Not a chance :oops:

No way in hell :mad:

I've set my alarm maybe 10x in the last 5 years and all of those were for flights. Inno would have to pay me baller levels to wake up for them.
Meh. I've just been playing a bit under a year and half, so it hasn't gotten old yet, lol. Still obsessive (but not spend money obsessive). I have a LOT fewer alarms overall than I did my first six months, though. I don't usually wake up specifically to sweep and just do it when I wake up (I mentioned it more to make the point); However, I do often set an alarm for my midnight MA because there are specific buildings I'm watching for and do not want to miss a cycle (usually would rather do this than booster something through just before next turnover, which is what happens if I'm in too dead of a sleep and miss that alarm, lol).

ajqtrz

The only time I've ever gotten up on purpose in the middle of the night is for an FA. Once and that was enough as it threw me off too much the next day. So it's either, let it drift and lose some production by taking it in the morning...or have the system changed to match/adjust to most peoples sleep cycle. I vote for the adjustment.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have been playing this game more than long enough to not stress about collection time drift, especially with all the events, where I will intentionally make sure the 24-hour collections happen shortly after the start of the game day, to speed up completing some quests. The only thing that still bugs me about drift is the loss of collections from expiring buildings.

Jianju

I vote for a 4 hour window. Ex: rather than 24 hrs, 20 hrs.
But at least a 3 hr window.
I get it though, they want to nickel and dime you so they can pay their employees etc. But if you ask me the best way to make money and not annoy your players is to do what Maple Story did, sell non-game-affecting just for looks items that look cute or cool and don't cost a lot of cash so people loosen their pocket purses more easily. It was called the Cash Shop. My brother would spend hours in the cash shop putting different outfits on his female character (hey, she was insanely cute, all the other players were jeally).

So concept adapted to Elvenar:

Different maps you can buy for your city location (just change the bg graphic of the map)
New/different villager skins (for the little villagers walking around)
Specialty Avatar pics
Specialty menu theme for your game interface (similar to different gmail themes)
Pretty wilderness structures you can place in the unsettled areas of your city map. (Enhances the visual appeal of your screen without effecting gameplay)
Different fonts or colors (similar system used by Minecraft's Hypixel server) for Fellowship chat.
Different emojis made available for fellowship chat

TalimSwift

Here is me dreaming because the awesomest bestest way would be to make all 24 hour buildings collectable ANY time during the Elvenar day, resetting with the wholesaler.
Now how about that? Problem solved LOL... or not, cuz my idea is way too good to be accepted :p

defiantoneks

i'd be happy if they allowed a time boost to be used. Not all the time, of course because people would boost the heck out of it.
But maybe one 15 minute boost per 24 hrs. that way you could (with some cost) keep it within your personal timeframe. If the "creep" or "drift" really bothers you that would be a way to let people manage it.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
i'd be happy if they allowed a time boost to be used. Not all the time, of course because people would boost the heck out of it.
But maybe one 15 minute boost per 24 hrs. that way you could (with some cost) keep it within your personal timeframe. If the "creep" or "drift" really bothers you that would be a way to let people manage it.
Last we heard this is a definite NO. As in nope, no way, not going to happen. Folks have requested this on EN Forum.

When time instants were introduced I used to be able to use them on Wonders and such, but it turned out to be a bug. So they can do that, they just won't.

But who knows, they've reversed course a few times now.