• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

24 hour production cycles

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849402856
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849402856

Many event buildings (including evolving buildings and set buildings) have 24-hour production cycles. However, these cycles are difficult to fit into one's daily life.

Let me explain what I mean in more detail. I guess most daily players will check their cities 2 - 3 times a day: in the morning before work, in the afternoon after work, and at night before going to bed. Let's suppose that a player sets up the 24-hour production cycles at night. On the first day, he began production at 10 p.m. On the second day, he ended up spending more time playing with their kids, so he reset the production at 11 p.m. Then on the third day when he checked his city at 10 p.m., the production wouldn't be complete and still have one hour left, which can be a bit frustrating.

I guess this is a very common situation. NO ONE can pick up 24-hour productions at precisely the same time every day. On the other hand, I have found out that the 21-hour production cycles of the Moonstone library sets are easier to fit into one's life--you can pick up earlier than 24 hours if you check your city earlier than usual, and you can also easily reset the cycle when you pick up the production later than usual. Therefore, I am wondering what people think about the idea of adjusting the 24-hour production cycles to 21 hours or something like that.

Another option would be early pick-up options as in the Grounds of Orc Strategists, but I guess this may not be applicable to some evolving buildings that produce special items (KPs, portal profits, etc.).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Indeed, I've often wished for all 24h collects to be at least 23h like neighborly help to assist with "drift".
My assumption is that inno simply wants us to have to log in at different times every day rather than the same 15-20 minutes because some study showed that it increased interactions and __ and __ and __ which lead to more diamond sales.

Deleted User - 849402856

@samidodamage Thanks. I guessed there would have been a similar idea in the past, but had little idea what search term to use. So the feedback from the developers is

"The developers do acknowledge the problem you have all brought forward, but unfortunately, they do not see the collection times as something that negatively affects the game in any way as it is currently. Thus, it is not something on their radar at the moment but if any free time presents itself as they enhance the game, they will happily revisit the described problem brought forward in the initial post."

So they acknowledge the problem, but don't see the negative effect of the problem? That sounds contradicting the definition of a problem.

This is definitely an implementable idea, as the library set has a 21-hour cycle. I get the impression that the Pilgrim set was introduced to compensate newer users for their lack of access to multiple library sets (a CC, standard goods, and mana), but the feedback from the developers just makes me more anxious for multiple library sets.

StarLoad

... not see the collection times as something that negatively affects the game in any way ...

So they acknowledge the problem, but don't see the negative effect of the problem? That sounds contradicting the definition of a problem.
you missed the key words "negatively affects the game" the negative effect on the player isnt the issue, as it does not hurt the game

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Indeed, I've often wished for all 24h collects to be at least 23h like neighborly help to assist with "drift".
My assumption is that inno simply wants us to have to log in at different times every day rather than the same 15-20 minutes because some study showed that it increased interactions and __ and __ and __ which lead to more diamond sales.

I agree with this totally, but then again, the purpose of Inno is to make money, and the method is to figure out how to get us to spend it by offering some level of entertainment and, at the same, time, some level of frustration, so that we spend diamonds to lower the frustration and raise the entertainment. 24 hours is a frustration. Perhaps Inno should have a "1 hour spell" that moves things up one hour, once a day? Now that would work, especially if they also made you spend diamonds for it.

AJ

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Or you could just add early collects to them......

Early collect doesn't work with CCs or KP or relics etc.

I think he may have meant by "add" to change those things that are tied to 24 hours so that you can collect something early. Not sure how that would work for collecting 1 of anything after 24 hours, but for anything that is a not a whole, it would.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think he may have meant by "add" to change those things that are tied to 24 hours so that you can collect something early. Not sure how that would work for collecting 1 of anything after 24 hours, but for anything that is a not a whole, it would.

AJ

The buildings with something like a CC or an AK as part of what is generated would not be able to have an early collect, because it is an all or nothing collection, and if everything cannot be partially collected, then none of it would be.

BrinDarby

The buildings with something like a CC or an AK as part of what is generated would not be able to have an early collect, because it is an all or nothing collection, and if everything cannot be partially collected, then none of it would be.

I now agree with the original premise of making it 23 not 24 hrs is easier
....... But : easily early collects can work , and there should be relief for players
that don't just play once a day....

Now where it gets tricky is bonuses of 1, it can't be divided up, yet most
other things can be ... so lets take a set of 5 with bonuses of +4,+3,+2,+1,+1
lets also assume they are singles ( bonus of 1 like a CC or a relic or ect )
We will use a 24hr base time collect and anything easily divide'ble as a
general collect like coins/tools/resource/troops ..... So :

#1 = coins, relic, relic, relic, cc ... You would get coins/time ( % ), and then
@ 6,12,18, & 24 hrs you add in which bonuses u get ...
#2 is every 8 hrs, #3 is 12 hrs, & #4/5 is just 24hrs.

Lets say you collect @ 8pm every night and that starts to creep later on,
as time goes on.... rather than waiting a whole day almost, just to reset it
@ 8pm, you only lose the last bonus to do that, rather than everything
while you wait that 23 hrs.....

Personally, I think the bigger picture question here is how to balance the
game between "once a day" players, and "4-5 times a day" players .....
Since VV or GotOS have been easily divided up, why not @least for most
other bldgs, so those ppl that are on 4 times a day, get access to productions
so they can "play" more , while they are on .....
Take for example Elven Ship (ch4)... Reg production is 54,000 + cb for 24 hrs.
a Level 15 residence is 18,000 +cb for 12 hrs or 36,000 for 24.....

If Im trying to play tourn or Spire ( play the game basically ) once you run
outta coins/tools, you either use an instant, or wait for collection from
residences/workshops .... a lvl15 res, ec is @ 15min, and you can do that
timeframe for workshops too .... effectively you get more every 15 minutes.
Why not add an ec of 3 hrs, to sync with both manufacturing minimums
and both res/works, to that Elven Ship ??? its not gonna negatively impact
the game 1 iota, if a player then can collect 7000 coins every 3 hrs (56k/8)
Even if it was @ 1hr, then thats 2333 (56k/24)....

Any reg production or any divide'ble amt can work, as I said it only
gets sticky when its a qty of 1, thats the bonus..... and those can be
handled fairly easily......

SoggyShorts

Now where it gets tricky is bonuses of 1, it can't be divided up, yet most
other things can be [divide those that can, and for those with 1 just don't]
Any "fix" to this issue that doesn't fix the CC/KP time creep is pointless IMO since that's the prime purpose for most of those buildings.

BrinDarby

Dangit Soggy,
I said ...... to start that whole post, I now agree'd that 23 hrs is easier,
but lay'd out a logical/rational way to do early collects in general
you ninny... as usuall , I guess you cannot read or just ignore things
I say, just so you can be "against" anything I seem to post ......

SoggyShorts

I guess you cannot read or just ignore things
I say, just so you can be "against" anything I seem to post ......
I read what you posted, and simply dismissed the useless parts (which was most of it)
For example: "lay'd out a logical/rational way to do early collects in general " = pointless because:
  • The main issue is the time drift of productions
  • The main productions are CC & KPs
  • Any partial fix that doesn't address this is therefore crap.
It's that simple.
just so you can be "against" anything I seem to post
It's not about being against you, it's that your idea has a flaw that makes everything about it basically invalid/pointless.
Stop taking it personally. You tried something, and that's commendable. Attacking me because you failed is not acceptable.
Please refrain from name calling, and I hope you won't resort to more death threats just because you make mistakes that get pointed out.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

I read what you posted, and simply dismissed the useless parts (which was most of it)
  • The main issue is the time drift of productions
  • The main productions are CC & KPs
  • Any partial fix that doesn't address this is therefore crap.
It's that simple.

It's not about being against you, it's that your idea has a flaw. Stop taking it personally.

the main productions are NOT CCs & KPs , the majority of bldgs don't give those...
Thats why I said "in general" because an EC does sove the "drift" for the other 95% of
the bldgs ... and I also said "the bigger picture" which apparently you also deem "useless"
needs to be address'd just as much as the drift problem does and can be solved in
the manner I listed easily ......

And @ the risk of gett'n hosed and Inno changing something I need......
AirTraders has +KPs , and it is a 48hr collect with a EarlyCollect @ 24hrs ....
I think the Dev team found a way for even KPs not to be a problem....
So when you say there are none that work that way, you're wrong....
and AirTraders is proof positive, and sry Soggy.... on this 1 you are wrong.

SoggyShorts

the main productions are NOT CCs & KPs , the majority of bldgs don't give those
Evos and sets give KP/CCs almost without exception, and yes, those are the main productions, that's why they increase/start at the highest levels.
AirTraders has +KPs , and it is a 48hr collect with a EarlyCollect @ 24hrs ....
Again, no. The fact that a 48h building that which gives KP has early collect does not fix the drift on a 24h building which gives 1 of something. Apples and oranges.

If you want to use that system then the answer isn't to reduce to 23h, but rather to replace all 24h production times to 48h with early collect.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

AirTraders ( for me ) gives 4 bonuses ... +680m , +680m , +1kp , +2kp
with a base production of 680 ... ( main docks )

so the 3rd bonus is a 1 of something ....... I'm comparing apples to apples
not oranges as you say ...... So tell me Soggy, what do I get when I collect
after 24 hrs ????? do you even know , cause I do, I do it every day ..... ????

and yes there is still drift cause its 24 not 23 hrs on the EC ...... but it 100%
shows that something that gives 1 of something can also have an early collect
AND seems to work just fine already .....

AT - has kp
Witches hut - has kp
Winter owl - nope
Wise Golumn - nope
BrownBear - nope

"Almost without exception " ... Hardly !!!!!!!
while some might have CoinRain, ToolsRain, AWKP ... from what I've seen
is @least 40% don't have such things ....... The simple fact that AirTraders
does have a 1 of something, and an early collect..... says that the dev team
have ways already for this to be feisable/doable... cause it already is......

You seem to think anything "useless" to you , is therefore "useless" in general.
While the problem of drift IS different than the imbalance given to "once a day"
players vs "many times a day" players , an EC solves both in the same "fix"......

SoggyShorts

while some might have CoinRain, ToolsRain, AWKP ... from what I've seen
is @least 40% don't have such things
jesters
winter 2016
winter fair
winter yeti
kiti^kirak
moonstone
chess
fire p
phoenix
coldfire
stone
mermaid
witchhut
trader
panda
moonbear
polar bear
Pilgrim

So your 3 of 20 is 15%, not 40% but just numbers eh?> who cares about being accurate, just being angry matters, right?
I'm sure I' missed a few, but yeah single items given on 24h/48 productions are pretty standard.

Did you forget that there are things you don't have because you are new?
also:
carting library
ferris wheel
tome of secrets
The simple fact that AirTraders
does have a 1 of something, and an early collect..... says that the dev team
have ways already for this to be feisable/doable... cause it already is......
No. The simple fact that the devs solved it FOR A 48h collect does not mean that your solution to provide early collect while ignoring single items is any good.
Your idea is flawed and you haven't addressed it.

I even tried to help you by making your idea possible via implementing 48h collects (with double rewards obv) and including an EC, but you ignore it because you are combative and butthurt over all of the times that you have been wrong before on the forums.
Again, try not to make things personal- you'll have better results.
You seem to think anything "useless" to you , is therefore "useless" in general.
Changing things to 23h fixes all of the collections issues, so any idea which accomplishes less than that is comparatively useless, yeah.

BrinDarby

Gee Soggy,
Kazaaar mentioned both drift and ECs, yet you were silent on EC till I said anything.
Clearly it wasn't a problem to suggest till I said it, according to you .... ( in above posts )

Not only does AirTraders not " accomplish less ", the fact that "production cycles" period,
need tweaking for different playstyles..... is part of any "production cycle" discussion thread...
therefore not "useless" and is on-topic .....

Really, what compelled you to repost an entire post, just to add basically an edit....
you can't just post an edit after the other post ??? I guess thats just useless use of space :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Clearly it wasn't a problem to suggest till I said it
This feud is only in your mind. Anyone who posts something with a flaw I notice gets called out.
Despite your death threats I don't actually care enough about you to single you out.
Notice something about Kazaarss post?
Another option would be early pick-up options as in the Grounds of Orc Strategists, but I guess this may not be applicable to some evolving buildings that produce special items (KPs, portal profits, etc.).
Yes, kazaar mentioned early collect, but immediately acknowledged the flaw.

Now look at your first contribution:
Or you could just add early collects to them......
Notice anything missing? Like not addressing the KP/PP etc issue?
So, I pointed it out and tried to help you with your idea and you lost your mind.

Good night dude, I hope you can find your happy place.

Last edited: