• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

24 hour timers

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Feel free to select as many answers as you like.

As a prelude to a fully worked up feature suggestion, Are you happy with the 24 hour timers for Manufactories and Workshops, or would you rather see a 23 hour timer even if it meant having a slightly lower production (5-10% less) in order to make it easier to keep up with resetting your buildings?

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
In the spirit of discussion, what flavor is this cake? :rolleyes: I mean...I really love vanilla cakes, but sometimes those chocolate cakes though! Oh oh oh, what kind of frosting? :O
mmm-cake.jpg

I think to clear future confusions, your poll should identify if you are suggesting this for all 24 hours with in the game or just specific productions :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is simply a poll to find out how people feel about the timers over which we have control. In the past, it has been suggested that we can not add options to the timers, but could potentially modify existing timer options if enough people wanted it.

This isn't meant to be a suggestion. Purely a straw poll. If it turns into a suggestion, it will be more fully formed and included in the suggestions forum.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It doesn't make a great difference to me personally since I can log in several times a day.
But
I could see it mattering to a daily player who has his factories set to harvest each day at ( 8:00pm )

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is simply a poll to find out how people feel about the timers over which we have control.
Ahh I see. I changed my vote to just cake then since I don't use 24h productions, and wouldn't use 23h ones either.

Edit: forgot about making blacksmith badges and event quests. Vote changed back to 23h timers.....and cake.

bkbajb

For manufacturing I think it would mess up the events and FA. I would rather see and I have thrown this out before a change in the visits clock. Instead of every 23 hours I would prefer a midnight clock. Lets say midnight eastern time, 9pm west coast. This would allow all players to visit their FS and neighbors once a day. I try and do mine by 5am, but some days I cannot. But if I do mine that day at 1pm then I cannot again until noon the next day. Why not have it reset at midnight. Sure some players may visit at 11pm one night and again at 1am, but then they cannot again until the next reset. This way when life gets in the way of the game no one is punished.

DeletedUser3468

I personally would not like a 23 hour timer anywhere in the game! Wish they'd change the 23 hour timer on returning help to 24 just so I don't miss out when my neighbors are so on the ball that they help me within seconds of my helping them. (Not that I'm complaining about their help! That's always welcome! :p)

DeletedUser3507

I disagree, if I over sleep, with the 23 hour one, I can get back to the time, I prefer, after a few days...:rolleyes:
Without having to skip a day...:D.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I personally would not like a 23 hour timer anywhere in the game! Wish they'd change the 23 hour timer on returning help to 24 just so I don't miss out when my neighbors are so on the ball that they help me within seconds of my helping them. (Not that I'm complaining about their help! That's always welcome! :p)
I can guarantee your factories will not cost you a day of production by having your supplies harvested early by a neighbor....

DeletedUser3613

Personally, I'm not enamoured of the 24h runs because of the inevitable "collection creep".
Is early collection a viable alternative? Ie. 24h, with early collect at 23h. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the amount at 23h was 23/24ths of the final amount, and stayed at that amount (rather than being proportional through that last hour) right up until the 24h completion, when it would revert to the full amount. At least that way, if I needed to, I would be able match it to NH visits (23h!) and do both on a true "daily" basis.

DeletedUser5800

Never use them unless I have to for an event so I vote cake even though there never is any.
Does it affect the other times (would 9 become 8?) because before I realized the current non-sense was temporary and not a full blown change I was most annoyed by the 8hr timer... Over the past 2 yrs I have synced my existence to 3 and 9hr cycles... changing that would change my entire existence! Also 23 just seems weird for no other reason than general OCD.
Wouldn't it be nice if you could set them and collect whenever? (i.e a bar that maxed at 48hr but was collectable any time after 3hr with a declining bonus in increments of 3hrs)... of course that would also change everything.
Random other thought: Does it affect T4 or just go bye bye the same as 24hr and does that have an impact on the bigger idea?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Does it affect the other times (would 9 become 8?)
Random other thought: Does it affect T4 or just go bye bye the same as 24hr and does that have an impact on the bigger idea?
This is simply a poll to find out how people feel about the timers over which we have control. In the past, it has been suggested that we can not add options to the timers, but could potentially modify existing timer options if enough people wanted it.
I think timers other than the 24 hour one would be a question for another thread. The 24 hour (and to lesser degree the 48 hour) timers are unique in that they tend to cause clock-creep no matter how you use them. Most people can mix-and-match the 3 and 9 hour timers to get something useful.

Realistically, I shouldn't have allowed a month for the poll, because at the moment I couldn't even tell you what the larger idea was. hopefully it will come back to me. Realistically, with only about 2/3 preferring 23 to 24 hour timers, it probably doesn't matter anyway.

DeletedUser3468

I can guarantee your factories will not cost you a day of production by having your supplies harvested early by a neighbor....

OH NOOOOO!!!:eek::eek::eek:
That brings back memories from games by the company that started with a Z!!! People kept "helping" me and I'd come back to dead crops or burned cookies!!! :p

I like the 24 hours on the barracks/breeding grounds but rarely use them for anything else unless it's for an Event quest. Time creep doesn't really matter that much on the barracks/breeding grounds. (at least not to me! ;))