• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

3 Star Trades For FS Members Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAR2019

Context:

I have a SURPLUS of Silk and want to share with any of my FS Fellows only 3 stars Trades to aid in their city progress. So after chatting about the Trade details I placed 2 Trades of 15,000 Silk for 2,813 Marble. Then my Fellow delayed in taking the trades and someone from another FS took both.

Idea & Viable Solution:

The Idea is that instead of a fellow having to make a Trade in Reverse, such as 2,813 Marble for 15,000 Silk; which is viable, (so, to discourage other 'traders' from other FS to get advantage for themselves), is to have a system where Fellows of the same FS can toggle their Trader to FS Only mode, a standalone trader just to be use among same FS members. Nothing else has to change! (note: Coding should not be an issue). I have seen top FS that within themselves they have their fellows with startup cities covered as to have enough goods to up their cities' status and quickly advance on the game.

More context on my end and my take:

Since today my city was moved to another section of the WM due to other cities inactivity, BEFORE I was only getting Trades from my own FS. From barely 0-1 pages on the Trades, it jumped to 21 today!

I was in the Chat with a fellow and offered the 3 stars Trade as both were online at the same time. Then the other FS player took both Trades put there for my Fellow. I mean if you see that kind of Trade, you know it is for someone else... common! Anyway, I confess, I respectfully emailed the player and the Archmage too. Just could not let that pass as it was RUDE! Then I suggested my Fellow to do the Trade in Reverse, will see!

So - Who would like to have it with the Toggle option to FS Members Only mode?
elvenartradeidea.png

Last edited:

FAR2019

I think this has been brought up before and the negatives outweigh the positives and basically, it is anti-community and therefor a bad Idea
@ed1960 How just adding a toggle button is anti-community? Explain! and on the contrary it will benefit community by having both Traders in place. There are Top Fellowships Members sharing Goods with the smaller Cities on their FS and helping its Fellow Members to progress faster their cities. Trying to see something else from my suggested idea is not within my logic.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have a SURPLUS of Silk and want to share with any of my FS Fellows only 3 stars Trades to aid in their city progress. So after chatting about the Trade details I placed 2 Trades of 15,000 Silk for 2,813 Marble. Then my Fellow delayed in taking the trades and someone from another FS took both.

For something like this, just have your fellowship member post up the opposite of the trade, offering the marble for the silk. That will be a zero-star trade and no one will come along and take it before you have a chance to help out your teammate.

As for the actual suggestion, I think it has been said before that the devs will not do anything that hides trades from any player who can see normally see it.

StarLoad

@ed1960 How just adding a toggle button is anti-community? Explain! and on the contrary it will benefit community by having both Traders in place. There are Top Fellowships Members sharing Goods with the smaller Cities on their FS and helping its Fellow Members to progress faster their cities. Trying to see something else from my suggested idea is not within my logic.
Simply put, extend this idea out and every player could make their trades for "FS" only and thereby prevent any trades from showing up in the marketplace. So then only FS trades would exist, an exaggeration sure but the big picture is the issue.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Simply put, extend this idea out and every player could make their trades for "FS" only and thereby prevent any trades from showing up in the marketplace. So then only FS trades would exist, an exaggeration sure but the big picture is the issue.

The problem presented has a simple solution, as noted -- have the member put up a zero star trade. Thus, the effort in creating a new feature is probably solving a problem that already has a reasonably easy solution. So it's not going to be worth the effort.

On the other hand, you can already check "fs only" in trading, and that could be construed as "anti-community" so what's the difference? Limiting your list of trades to your fs seems to be the same thing as restricting 3 star trades to your fs. Both are filtering out non-fs members and thus, amount to the same thing.

AJ

BrinDarby

ed1960 said it best, end result is mainly FS only trades, thats anti-community.
ajqtrz ( & others ) also said, there is already a way, post the reverse trade
that noone else will take but the recipient...... no UI chgs necessary.

FAR2019

For something like this, just have your fellowship member post up the opposite of the trade, offering the marble for the silk. That will be a zero-star trade and no one will come along and take it before you have a chance to help out your teammate.

As for the actual suggestion, I think it has been said before that the devs will not do anything that hides trades from any player who can see normally see it.
Yes, that is what we did.

Gath Of Baal

Then the other FS player took both Trades put there for my Fellow. I mean if you see that kind of Trade, you know it is for someone else... common!

Not really.. A lot of us bigger cities will place 3 star trades for anyone, either to be helpful or to have their trades accepted faster. I always trade at a 10% loss to myself I will offer 110k whatever for 100k whatever, and my trades are first come first serve, but I always announce "Trades Up" in fellowship chat as soon as I post so those online at the time might get first Dibbs on them

FAR2019

The problem presented has a simple solution, as noted -- have the member put up a zero star trade. Thus, the effort in creating a new feature is probably solving a problem that already has a reasonably easy solution. So it's not going to be worth the effort.

On the other hand, you can already check "fs only" in trading, and that could be construed as "anti-community" so what's the difference? Limiting your list of trades to your fs seems to be the same thing as restricting 3 star trades to your fs. Both are filtering out non-fs members and thus, amount to the same thing.

AJ
Yes, that's all I'm saying. The Toggle for seen only Members Trades is set up, just need to add code to make it trade! Not a science for a seasoned developer/programmer.

FAR2019

Not really.. A lot of us bigger cities will place 3 star trades for anyone, either to be helpful or to have their trades accepted faster. I always trade at a 10% loss to myself I will offer 110k whatever for 100k whatever, and my trades are first come first serve, but I always announce "Trades Up" in fellowship chat as soon as I post so those online at the time might get first Dibbs on them
Actually my FS has done that, now we go more organic!

StarLoad

Yes, that's all I'm saying. The Toggle for seen only Members Trades is set up, just need to add code to make it trade! Not a science for a seasoned developer/programmer.
You are mixing trade types ONLY FS TRADES is a view and you are asking to not show 3* trades to outsiders, but 1* and 2* trades would be shown. 2 separate sets of coding and how do you account for trades for players not discovered that have a FEE associated? Again more mess and not a viable option or need when you just reverse the trade like you admit doing.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I was in the Chat with a fellow and offered the 3 stars Trade as both were online at the same time. Then the other FS player took both Trades put there for my Fellow. I mean if you see that kind of Trade, you know it is for someone else... common! Anyway, I confess, I respectfully emailed the player and the Archmage too. Just could not let that pass as it was RUDE! Then I suggested my Fellow to do the Trade in Reverse, will see!

I honestly think it was rude of you to email the player and his Archmage, to try to get him or her into trouble. There was NOTHING rude about taking a 3 star trade before someone else did. I only post 3 star trades ... I have since I started Elvenar. They are for anyone. Since your trade was a particularly good one I would have jumped on it, knowing that it will probably be snapped up by some huge player who will then resell it as 1 star trades. Why shouldn't I take it and then sell the excess at 3 star? It helps more people that way. I'm amazed that you could even think of emailing them and calling them out ... and to get the AM involved??? really rude. :(

hvariidh gwendrot

if i see 3 star trades i tend to take them just because it's a good deal lol so like folks have said it's best to have the members who need goods to ask for 0 star trades so no one will take them ..other than members who are helping them .. p.s. i use all trades for the fellowship and my neighbors i don't resale

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.