• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived [5548] Neighbor's blackouts

DeletedUser43

I know it is summer and the power goes out a lot, but does it have to in Elvenar?

When I visit a city the entire city is black. This has been happening a lot in beta and I am sorry to say the issue has been imported here in Arendyll. I don't want to have to clear a cache every five seconds. I have a lot of neighbors to visit and it is very cumbersome.

I play on Chrome.

14y8prc.jpg

DeletedUser551

Thank you for sharing this information.

It is a known issue and we have reported it to the game developers.
In the meantime you can try and play using an "in private" browser window, we have found that it helps some players with the issue.

DeletedUser43

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and it didn't help.

I think it has something to do with shockwave crashing. If I keep refreshing over and over eventually I will get a notification that shockwave has crashed. Once I can reload shockwave the cities come back. I hope that help figure out the bug. Good luck!!

DeletedUser613

this is an issue with most players. there are only 25 members in a fellowship and I had to reboot 4 times just to get through that list.

DeletedUser61

The good news is that the current Beta release seems to be much smarter about memory management.

DeletedUser629

Hi guys,
I have been having the same issues as above for a week now in both cities.. Black screens when I visit neighbors and when I return home I have land but no buildings!! it is really frustrating to have to reload all the time..
Are the developers bothering to do anything about this? if it keeps happening I'm not going to start paying real money to get somewhere in this game. I do like it but this is driving me nuts, two or three times a night is getting out of hand..
Rant over :eek:

DeletedUser511

I dont have this issue what i get is if I go and help a friends town then go to my map its above that last persons town instead of mine.:(

DeletedUser486

Hi guys,
I have been having the same issues as above for a week now in both cities.. Black screens when I visit neighbors and when I return home I have land but no buildings!! it is really frustrating to have to reload all the time..
Are the developers bothering to do anything about this? if it keeps happening I'm not going to start paying real money to get somewhere in this game. I do like it but this is driving me nuts, two or three times a night is getting out of hand..
Rant over :eek:

They is currently a Hardware Acceleration system being tested over at the Beta server that seems to have alleviated the problem.