• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived [6273] Move tool and placment

DeletedUser

I keep getting different "darkened highlight" areas any time I use the move tool to move a structure. I am not sure if it happens when placing a new structure or not as I currently lack the resources to buy and test.

DeletedUser511

They might be the same problem. Someone will take a look but if they didnt find it in the other who knows if they will in this.

DeletedUser486

Do you get the same problem after enabling or disabling Hardware Acceleration?

DeletedUser58

Ok, I was trying to move one structure, the landscape of the city was blocked off in a dark blue. And the structure was moving or jumping without my help. I finally put clicked where I wanted it, then hit done and it was there!
I don't know what Hardware Acceleration is, I just want to play the game.
I hope this is understandable.
Thank you,
bfa

I just tried it again and it worked great, like it should. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I had just added an expansion? who knows? I am sorry if I spoke too soon.
Thank you,
bfa

Last edited:

DeletedUser486

I don't know what Hardware Acceleration is, I just want to play the game.
Hardware Acceleration is an option on the Settings menu, added to alleviate the problem with flash crashes we were experiencing in the game, particularly after visiting neighbors. You can access it by clicking on the gear icon at your bottom-left corner, then at the smaller gear icon.

Unfortunately there currently are multiple bugs associated with HA, so as a first step after encountering a bug you should try disabling or enabling it (after clearing your cache and cookies, of course).