• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

7-19-7-22 tournament difficulty raised dramatically, im not sure what you guys did , but i did a poll on my entire guild , DIFFICUTLTY CHANGES

Matthias4433

i got 25 extra health from MM 31 percent from not , a Archer booster 50 percent and a health booster 25 booster 50 percent from my fire bird , and the difficulty is insane, my entire guild can see it , im not sure what you guys did, but you upped the diff , its clear as day , you didnt announce it its a hidden thing we cant see , but i can feel it im having problems in the top 10 , IN ORC level , please spread this and tell if you noticed it as well, NOT COOL

StarLoad

Fighting I can understand but is anyone seeing much higher catering costs even in low round and provinces?

Ed

Deleted User - 849994935

Fighting I can understand but is anyone seeing much higher catering costs even in low round and provinces?

Ed
Nope. I even fought the first 6 rounds of the tourney is each city which has it unlocked

Deleted User - 849994935

i got 25 extra health from MM 31 percent from not , a Archer booster 50 percent and a health booster 25 booster 50 percent from my fire bird , and the difficulty is insane, my entire guild can see it , im not sure what you guys did, but you upped the diff , its clear as day , you didnt announce it its a hidden thing we cant see , but i can feel it im having problems in the top 10 , IN ORC level , please spread this and tell if you noticed it as well, NOT COOL
Didn't notice anything. I'm sure @crackie would notice if anything was amiss.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Wait until next tourney! There's usually a surge in these type of inquiries around Scroll and Dust week, and Scroll is coming next! Those two have very unfriendly combos. The numbers haven't changed. It's just really hard to cover for every class in a single battle.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm not sure if the difficulty level went up or down in the Crystal tourney, just ending, but it seemed harder for me. I noticed a lot more leaning on Heavy Ranged + Mages in the mix. It seemed to be a narrowing of the range of possible combinations to favor those two in combination more. I could be wrong since I didn't track it on paper and nine weeks is a long, long time (unless you are over 60 or so and you find yourself waking up on Tuesday and thinking it's still last Friday. Then wondering where the time went only to find out it really isn't Tuesday but the following Friday because you can't remember .... well.... you can't remember "stuff."). In any case, it's just my impression of the matter.

AJ

Gkyr

Chef
Have not noticed unusual costs or difficulty, compared to the progression inherent from the previous three Tournies. In fact, my phoenix ran out so I just did the last two upper sections of the Spire without the boost.

As @crackie and @helya say, the next Tourney, Scrolls, will bring out the whiners in us, as well as during Dust.

Zoof

As others have said, this is normal. It always gets harder when you reach the t2 tournaments, and even harder during the t3 tournaments, suddenly getting easier again when it rolls around to the t1 tournaments.

That being said, there's always someone complaining about Spire or Tournament costs when the Magic Dust tournament rolls around, wondering if things suddenly got more expensive. Neh. What happened was that the enemy formations got more annoying to take out with a low casualty count.

---

Now, if this is also about catering costs, the only thing that affects that, aside from how far you get in the respective event, is how advanced your city is, as the game sees it. For the early game player, the single biggest thing that affects cost is land expansions. For example, my dinky little 16 expansion city had relatively cheap costs, but they all of a sudden went up by 28% by placing four land expansions (or they would be but IIRC, costs related to city advancement doesn't change in the middle of a tourney or spire, only when the event starts.). Four at the time so that I could keep the city in the shape of a [semi]regular tetragon

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Have not noticed unusual costs or difficulty, compared to the progression inherent from the previous three Tournies. In fact, my phoenix ran out so I just did the last two upper sections of the Spire without the boost.

As @crackie and @helya say, the next Tourney, Scrolls, will bring out the whiners in us, as well as during Dust.
Oh, goody, finally a time to show my real talents!

AJ

Myne

Oh Wise One
I have 2 mage multipiers out plus a dwarven armorer. From tent 12 on, I had my six o'clock position kicked nine ways to Sunday. NEVER had that happen before. Just sayin'

Huor

I've had the combo's from heck every tournament since the relics change over from one type to all the types. Some or worse than others.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The problem you're having with this tournament is called terrain.
Human provinces are showing with terrain that funnels the access points. I am taking HM, HM, HM, ranger, ranger.
Elven provinces are showing fences that hem us in with an allowed movement of one! Yeekers. I am bringing either frog, frog, ranger, frog, ranger or frog, frog, wardog, frog, wardog (depending if the enemy is bringing one HM, or 2 mages).
Edit: also should mention, that I am scouting all setups on manual and directing the ones hampered by terrain.