• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[7866] Some building upgrades reduce total pop instead of increasing working pop

DeletedUser

I have updated this to include the requested environmental information.

Game version: 0.30.2602-v0.30.2-(master) (2015-12-08 13:48)
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Chrome Version 46.0.2490.86 m
Flash Player version: Adobe Flash Player - Version: 19.0.0.245
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Zuritar
Humans or Elves: Humans
Hardware Acceleration: ON

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: not applicable

Current situation:
Every non-residential building upgrade I have made in Arendyll in recent weeks is decreasing the total population instead of increasing the working population. The numbers correct themselves upon logout and login. I have seen this so far only in Arendyll (I have since upgraded two level 10 Workshops in Winyandor and not observed this behavior there). This anomaly can affect the culture bonus in the player's favor during that login session.

This is where I have seen this behavior so far:
Upgrade Workshop 10 to 11 (subtracts 168 from total population)
Upgrade Workshop 11 to 12 (subtracts 33 from total population)
Upgrade Workshop 12 to 13 (subtracts 38 from total population)
Upgrade Workshop 13 to 14 (subtracts 45 from total population)
Upgrade Marble Manufactory 1 to 2 (subtracts 2 from total population)
Upgrade Armory 4 to 5 (subtracts 42 from total population)
Upgrade Barracks 4 to 5 (subtracts 19 from total population)

Expected situation:
Upgrade Workshop 10 to 11 (subtracts 168 from working population)
Upgrade Workshop 11 to 12 (subtracts 33 from working population)
Upgrade Workshop 12 to 13 (subtracts 38 from working population)
Upgrade Workshop 13 to 14 (subtracts 45 from working population)
Upgrade Marble Manufactory 1 to 2 (subtracts 2 from working population)
Upgrade Armory 4 to 5 (subtracts 42 from working population)
Upgrade Barracks 4 to 5 (subtracts 19 from working population)

Reproduction Steps
1. Record Total Population
2. Record Working Population
3. Upgrade Workshop 10 to 11
4. Observe Total Population and note that 168 has been subtracted from Total Population instead of from Working Population
5. Record amount of culture required for current level
6. Log out
7. Log in
8. Observe Total Population and note that 168 has been added back into it, giving the proper value
9. Observe Working Population and note that 168 has been subtracted from it, giving the proper value
10. Observe amount of culture required for current level; depending on how close you are to a bonus level threshold, this value may have increased over what was presented in Step 5 above.
11. Repeat the above steps for each building upgrade reported in the Current situation section.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51

We can confirm this is a visual issue that occurs for some players and that refreshing the game corrects it.

DeletedUser1603

Although we have had multiple reports on this, we still lack exact reproduction steps and/or common factors to be able to reproduce it. Therefore, we'll have to mark this thread as such but we'll leave it open for further replies. Could anyone who experiences these issues, place a Bug Report Template here and if possible, with exact reproduction steps?