• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[8069] Scouted Province now unavailable

DeletedUser

Earlier today, I began scouting a province I need for a quest. It was the only one available on my map that matched my quest. I paid the money, and it said the time to scout was about 25 minutes. I went back to my home province to do other work. When I went back to my world map, that same province is now unavailable to me. I paid quite a lot to scout the province, and I don't have that gold back. Please help.

DeletedUser

Currently having the same issue (assumingit's the plank quest?)

paid for it took the time to scout it and it's not available (not even to scout) it's 4 spaces away from me just wondering if there is an issue somewhere for distance possibly or advanced scouts only stating they are for reducing cost rather than increasing overall reach of where one can actually earn relics

DeletedUser

Game Version - 0.30.3563-v0.30-rc8-(master)(2015-12-01 11:35)
Browser Chrome version is 46.0.2490.86
Flash Plater Version 19.0.0.245
OS Windows 7
Resolution 853x533
Account Name: ArwenMaeneth
Elves
Quest Title: Collect Plank Relics

DeletedUser

Currently having the same issue (assumingit's the plank quest?)

paid for it took the time to scout it and it's not available (not even to scout) it's 4 spaces away from me just wondering if there is an issue somewhere for distance possibly or advanced scouts only stating they are for reducing cost rather than increasing overall reach of where one can actually earn relics
Yes, mine is also the Planks Quest, and the province was 4 away. Interesting how it tells you that you will have a reduced price for scouting, but the price actually goes way up. Well, whatever. But I don't like losing money for this. Also, I need one more province to get my province expansion! And I wanted to do it with a planks province so I could take care of both at the same time. Because that's how this elf rolls.

DeletedUser

Hey the province just showed up again, as scouted. Just wanted to let you know. I will post again if the problem repeats.

DeletedUser

Well, I finished a few encounters in the province, and when I returned to my world map,, it was missing again!

DeletedUser

Game Version - 0.30.3563-v0.30-rc8-(master)(2015-12-01 11:35)
Browser Chrome version is 47.0.2526.73 m
Flash Plater Version 19.0.0.245
OS Windows 7
Resolution 1680x1050
Account Name: Chinona
Elves
Quest Title: Collect Plank Relics/Unknown Creatures

screen-cap_zps2o6kdw4u.jpg

A screen cap for the sake of showing with the bug looks like... at least on my end.

And also since my chrome version is different it's not just one version of chrome having the problem.

DeletedUser

Yes that looks like the same province I am having trouble with. When I first logged on this morning, it was missing. I visited a neighbor, and when I went back to the world map, it had appeared again. I was able to finish all of the encounters in that province and get my province expansion. Just now, I looked at my map and it was missing. But I visited a neighbor and went back to the map, and it was there again. So that seems to be the pattern.

DeletedUser51

We appreciate all the additional information on this issue and we are trying to reproduce. Is there any difference in how it appears if you view the map in full screen mode?

DeletedUser

Hello, thanks for working on this. I went to the world map just now, and the province was unavailable. When I went into full screen mode, it was there like it should be. When I reduced to regular window again, it was still there.

I should mention that a neighbor's province which is directly above it also appears and disappears along with the planks province.

DeletedUser

I can see it in full screen however for me when I reduced it and the neighbour above it disappeared.

EDIT: Did it a few times and then it stayed.

DeletedUser

Now when I go to the world map, all the provinces above my own province are missing. If I go to a neighbor or make the screen Full Screen, they will appear, and stay visible when i return to the map in a normal browser screen. However, sometimes the original problem province does not reappear. If I fiddle with it enough times it eventually shows up.

DeletedUser51

We have been able to confirm this, and it is generally (but not always) occurring for players with resolutions below 1366 x 768 minus sidebars and toolbars.

For now, we can only suggest cache clearing and using full screen mode for anyone affected as it does seem to solve the issue for many players.

DeletedUser1603

Although there clearly is/was a problem, our development team has been unable to reproduce this issue so we'll have to archive this thread now as "cannot reproduce". Should it still occur and anyone has exact reproduction steps, please let us know :)

DeletedUser2071

I had this same exact issue with the same space as pictured above. When I came back to it later it was still there and then I maximized my screen so that you could see my home it fixed itself. If I minimize it again it is fine...idk. Don't know if this will work for anyone else but it fixed mine.