• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[8179] Losing Knowledge points / Ingame Timers incorrect

DeletedUser

Game version: _0.34.8_ (right click ingame, click the version number to copy it, paste here)
Game world: _Khelonaar_
Browser + version: _Internet Explorer 11_
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: __
Screen resolution: __
Account name: _St Nick62_
Humans or Elves: __Human

Reproducibility: happens randomly; 3/5
Quest title: __ (if applicable)
this has happen to me a couple time a day. but I gain Several Knowledge point. Example: Gain 4 knowledge point and when I go to use them on research. I get a Error message and the game reboot or refresh and I lose 1 knowledge point and have 3 to spend on research.. since I had today off.. I have lose 3 knowledge point's from system error and the game refresh..

DeletedUser1603

Thank you for reporting this error. Can you manage somehow to get exact reproduction steps?

Also: Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

DeletedUser

View attachment 409 Just had this occur in my Human city on Khel.

There was no loss of KP. I had 0 KP in my bar, watched as the next one was counting down from 59 seconds to 0 and gave me the KP. The game gave me 2 KP not the 1 KP I was due. When I went to the research tree and applied the 2 KP to current research, I got the internal server error message and the page refreshed automatically. After the refresh my KP count was corrected to the 1 KP I was due, and it allowed me to apply it to research w/o error. So, there is a bug, but it is not "stealing" KP. It is erroneously awarding extra KP that are not due. I have not experienced this in my Elven city...yet. I will edit this post if I experience this in my Elven city on Aren.

OS- Windows 7
Browser- Chrome 48.02564.103 (64 bit)
World- Khelonaar
Flash version- 20.0.0.286 (Chrome embedded Pepper based)
Screen Resolution- 1600 X 900 landscape orientation
Account name- RezaGard
Race- Human
Reproduction- 1 time occurrence... so far.

(Update- 1 hour later, stayed logged into my Human city and watched the KP timer count down from 59 sec. to 0 and award the timed KP. And the error did not reoccur. I was awarded only the 1 KP due this time. So, reproduction is not linked to logged in status in my Human city so far as I can see right now, it seems to be a random server hiccup somewhere in the relay I ping.)
(ran a quick tracert and see nothing much here , besides the initial timeouts, will have to run one if and when the issue occurs again, if it does and I can catch it.)
Screenshot_114 A2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1036

Game version: v0.34.8-(master) (2016-02-02 10:11)
Game world: Winyandor
Browser + version: Google Chrome Version 48.0.2564.97 m Google Chrome is up to date.
Flash Player version: Chrome
Operating System: Windows 10 up to date
Screen resolution: 1366 x 768
Account name: My Shadow
Humans or Elves: Elve
Reproducibility: happened twice today exact same problem as St.Nick62 when trying to use knowledge points
"St Nick62, I get a Error message and the game reboot or refresh and I lose 1 knowledge point ..

DeletedUser

Just had this happen again in my Human city on Khel, slightly different this time. System specs and info are the same as my previous post, different machine, same specs and screen res.

This time- I had 0 KP in my KP meter in the top bar. I watched it count down from 1 min 30 sec. At 59 sec, a KP appeared in the bar (that I knew did not belong there) and at 0 sec the KP I was due appeared. @ KP showing when I should have had 1 KP.
I went to the tech tree and applied only 1 of the 2 KP to research, and the 2nd one disappeared at that time with no refresh happening.

(Just watched the KP count down in my Elven city on Aren. No "extra" KP showed up. However, an obvious heartbeat issue seems to have. I watched the timer count down from 59 sec to 0. When it should have hit 0, it put 1:00 min up in the timer, then my KP showed up and at the same time the KP spawned, the timer reset itself to 59:59 ~min:sec~.) o_O Digoxin...STAT!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1036

Same here in my eleven world except it popped up at the countdown of 2 minutes and 10 seconds before zero. Since I was in no hurry I watched and once the actual KP was due there were 2. I didn't log into the knowledge tree to use it then and the extra (Ghost KP) went away at 42 minutes 10 seconds count down on the next round. That left the 1 actual KP so I logged into the knowledge tree, used it and did not receive an error.

DeletedUser1603

Thanks guys! There is indeed an error with the timers which makes the game show more KP's than you actually should have and when trying to spend them, the error occurs. This issue has been reported and forwarded to our development team for fixing. We expect to have this issue resolved in the next game version.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and confusion caused by this!