• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

90 to 333

kctanzen

3+ squads to yours .. and the enemies may have been 3* to yours .. very conceivable to lose in that set up without taking into account terrain even.

KarlD

Every once in a while your troops will start off trapped behind a wall with a single opening. This is a disaster for melee troops against ranged troops. It's hard to get your troops out to attack the enemy while the enemy sits back and picks off your troops. If you find yourself in this situation you probably want to switch to archers. Archers have higher initiative than mages and will get to move first. You wouldn't be able to attack any of the mages, but you should be able to move to the sides out of range of the mages. Hopefully some or all of the mages will then move into range of your archers to attack on the next round. If you fight manually you should always keep in mind that your best first move may be to retreat and let them come to you rather than to attack.

DeletedUser24365

karl that does not change the fact combat is screwed up. tourny i can go 10 provinces with fight 1st round,2nd 2 or 3, 3+ ,1 maybe.i don't even bother with provinces after chapter 1,just straight bribes. you are limited to 5 troops they are not,your limited to number per box ,they are not,you lose your troops are gone,their reappear full strength,so cannot even wear them down. the whole battle system is a piece of crap.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@ScandalousLadyNissa are you talking about tournaments or world map? Sounds like a little of both. Chapter 2-5ish is known to be a problem on the world map, worse if you skip optional squad size techs. So one is forced to negotiate through those but your scouting strategy has a major impact on what happens from there. Some take the path where they stay negotiating and others adjust to bring combat back into play. Combat can reach the point of been dirt cheap to free on the world map, it all depends on your goals.

Tournament can be more complex depending on your chapter and the round you are attempting. But it is definitely possible to auto-combat through 6 rounds.

DeletedUser24264

I usually do not need help in battle but today I need really some help, since this kind of formation I have never seen. I know in the SoE the bosses/ guards are harder to fight but normally the first and second wave are pretty similar; however, today it was not. See picture below.

I really would like to know what kind of troops I should have sent in, so that I could have won?

I sent in 2 Heavy Melee Units, 1 Mage, 1 Light Range Unit and 1 Light Melee Unit. I usually would have sent in 2 Light Melee Units but I had not enough time to freaking produce them.

After the first wave, I was only left with my 2 Heavy Melee Units and obviously they did not had a change in the second wave since for them I needed the Light Units, which I have lost in the first wave. I am really :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: since the SoE has become harder anyways but now introducing in the first stage/level of it such a very different combination of troops for 1. and 2. wave is just really sh****.

In my opinion there is no way to really win this battle, since the 1. wave and 2. wave are so complete different because the key unit from the 1. wave has been replaced with secondary unit (counter unit).

Help in this case will be really appreciated. (I hope I am in the right thread now)

1582966813552.png

1582966834117.png

kctanzen

Multi wave battles are brutal == it is *VERY* common for the waves to be pretty much mirror opposites in terms of what troops are weak / strong against the various enemies. Manual battle in the multi wave fights is also the only way I attempt them, unless both waves are very similar and my own troops match up very well against them.
Depending on what wonder levels you have and what other battle buffs are up, you might have been better off running out 5 light range troops, couple of reasons around that ..
A ) They usually have the highest initiative so they can attack first (or in manual battle, so you can hold them back and let the enemy get in range first, instead of running out, not having range left to attack, and then get hit before they shoot)
B ) They will often have more range than heavy ranged troops, so that gives them an extra attack / round of not being hit against their worst match up.
Those two options are highly dependent on your own battle boosts however!

Another option in a similar track ... use 5 mages (or 4 mages and a heavy range that is very good against light melee)

DeletedUser24264

Multi wave battles are brutal == it is *VERY* common for the waves to be pretty much mirror opposites in terms of what troops are weak / strong against the various enemies. Manual battle in the multi wave fights is also the only way I attempt them, unless both waves are very similar and my own troops match up very well against them.
Depending on what wonder levels you have and what other battle buffs are up, you might have been better off running out 5 light range troops, couple of reasons around that ..
A ) They usually have the highest initiative so they can attack first (or in manual battle, so you can hold them back and let the enemy get in range first, instead of running out, not having range left to attack, and then get hit before they shoot)
B ) They will often have more range than heavy ranged troops, so that gives them an extra attack / round of not being hit against their worst match up.
Those two options are highly dependent on your own battle boosts however!

Another option in a similar track ... use 5 mages (or 4 mages and a heavy range that is very good against light melee)
Thank you for your help.

KarlD

very dry spell here for me but just put it down to the RNG. Am also below avg in spire on getting dwarven armoury. Just hoping it turns around before I am completely out of boost buildings, only a handful left.
I usually do not need help in battle but today I need really some help, since this kind of formation I have never seen. I know in the SoE the bosses/ guards are harder to fight but normally the first and second wave are pretty similar; however, today it was not. See picture below.

I really would like to know what kind of troops I should have sent in, so that I could have won?

I sent in 2 Heavy Melee Units, 1 Mage, 1 Light Range Unit and 1 Light Melee Unit. I usually would have sent in 2 Light Melee Units but I had not enough time to freaking produce them.

After the first wave, I was only left with my 2 Heavy Melee Units and obviously they did not had a change in the second wave since for them I needed the Light Units, which I have lost in the first wave. I am really :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: since the SoE has become harder anyways but now introducing in the first stage/level of it such a very different combination of troops for 1. and 2. wave is just really sh****.

In my opinion there is no way to really win this battle, since the 1. wave and 2. wave are so complete different because the key unit from the 1. wave has been replaced with secondary unit (counter unit).

Help in this case will be really appreciated. (I hope I am in the right thread now)

View attachment 7201

View attachment 7202
Before I would even think about attempting this fight I would scout the terrain first by placing a light ranged unit and beginning a manual fight. Since it would have the highest initiative it would go first you don't have to worry about getting attacked and losing any troops. Once you see how it looks you can quit the fight and choose what you feel are the best troops for that terrain. Sometimes fights that look terrible are not as terrible as they seem at first because the enemy is blocked behind a wall that prevents them from attacking right away. Only the units on the end can get out and sometimes the other units won't even move at first. You can then try to pick off the enemy units as they come out. Outside of a situation like that I probably wouldn't try this fight and would try to convince the spirits.

DeletedUser24264

Before I would even think about attempting this fight I would scout the terrain first by placing a light ranged unit and beginning a manual fight. Since it would have the highest initiative it would go first you don't have to worry about getting attacked and losing any troops. Once you see how it looks you can quit the fight and choose what you feel are the best troops for that terrain. Sometimes fights that look terrible are not as terrible as they seem at first because the enemy is blocked behind a wall that prevents them from attacking right away. Only the units on the end can get out and sometimes the other units won't even move at first. You can then try to pick off the enemy units as they come out. Outside of a situation like that I probably wouldn't try this fight and would try to convince the spirits.
Thanks for help

khanhia

View attachment 7201

View attachment 7202
The fight on the spire is design to push your fighting skills, you will have to use the resources provided in the game for some of these fight to work or convince to move up. You have DA, UUU, MMM and other AW to help in this.
As for newer player, you will have to convince more than you fight since the cost might be lower. Keep pushing and remember to feed the bird before you fight in the spire( wish I had a bird)

DeletedUser24264

The fight on the spire is design to push your fighting skills, you will have to use the resources provided in the game for some of these fight to work or convince to move up. You have DA, UUU, MMM and other AW to help in this.
As for newer player, you will have to convince more than you fight since the cost might be lower. Keep pushing and remember to feed the bird before you fight in the spire( wish I had a bird)
Thank you for the help! :) However, which bird should I feed? I do not have bird:oops: