• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Better Spire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huor

That would work to. No change in the prizes, just the values. A good starting point for change.

JessMac

S
Any ideas that do not follow the format in this big pinned thread at the top of this sub-forum:

are generally rejected by the mods. And the mods are the only ones to put polls on Idea threads.

See that is way more helpful and not rude! And to be honest I skimmed the giant novel at the top. I figured out pretty quickly that this post would probably not get reviewed. But I’m not giving up and will probably resubmit another forum when I have the time to dedicate to a college essay. After reading everyone’s comments I have my revised ideas. But thanks to your helpful knowledge I now know that I will need to properly format and that will require a computer and not my tiny Mobil screen. Thank you!Over all for a first time post I’m just happy it wasn’t completely ignored.

JessMac

That would work to. No change in the prizes, just the values. A good starting point for change.
I don't mind the fragments nearly as much as artifacts in the spire. The events are easy enough to pick up 9 artifacts needed to fully evolve a building. And there is ample opportunity to pick up artifacts in crafting.

There is nothing more irritating to me in this game than having to press their stupid awesome button after getting another worthless artifact in the spire. It IS NOT "Awesome!" I'd like to see military boosts or even just troops as replacement for artifacts.
I think most people like the artifacts because they may not have been playing the game when that building was the event building. That’s how it currently is for me with the mermaid and the bears and Stonehenge. But I never seem to get more than four. Which is annoying. You should be able to win at least 8 artifacts of whatever artifact they are doing. But the disenchantment for said artifacts should be higher since a lot of people don’t have that problem. Or may just not want two of the same event builds or whatever the case may be. The awesome button is super annoying.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Except for the original bear and phoenix artifacts I have little use for the artifacts:

If I played the event then I have a fully evolved building in most cases.

If I didn't play the event then I will need like 7-9 for the evolved building to be useful. And even when going to the top weekly I rarely get that. And except for some of the original bears and phoenixes I don't find it worth it to craft more artifacts for 3 blueprints each.

So I think the artifacts are mostly useful for those who played the event originally but didn't get enough artifacts?

Gladiola

Regarding artifacts in the Spire, I wonder if it was the developers' intention to have it be necessary to play the Spire through on average 2-4 rotations in order to get all the necessary evolutions. So far I've gotten 4-6 artifacts in each 6-week run. If there end up being six artifacts in rotation (so far we have Henge, Mermaid, Phoenix, bears, Gingerbread, not hard to imagine them adding others) then each type of artifact will be rotated every 36 weeks, or more than six months between Spire appearances. If for an unlucky person it takes 3 rounds to get all the artifacts, that means it will take nearly two years to complete one building.

For some buildings that can be supplemented with crafting, but as I understand it not all artifacts will be available for crafting -- I haven't seen a Mermaid or Gingerbread artifact available for crafting, although I have seen the bases.

BrinDarby

6 week rotations are NOT meant to get ppl fully evolved bldgs...
usually I get 3-5 artifacts, 1 time I got 8 ....

Inno hopes ya get some artifacts, craft the bldg base, then spend diamonds
if ya don't want to wait 1 yr for the next xxxxxx event and convert those artifacts.
Its a $$$ making scheme, by tease'n us into spending diamonds.....

It would be dumb to run events every 2 months, yet allow players to get
older bldgs every 6 weeks, fully evolved..... its bonus prizes Folks, mainly
to get ppl a couple artifacts they are short on older bldgs that maybee
there won't be a sister event and conversion of that events artifacts.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If they did that I would hope they would go five or higher. I find less and less uses for the 2hr and below. Unless I just have a ton of them and am able to use multiple at a time. But everything I do now is a huge amount of time. At least with the 5 I can use less of them at a time to speed stuff up.

If you craft a lot the 2 and 1 hour and the 30 minute are very important as the times for production are often 3.5 hours or 3 hours or 4.5 hours. If you want to finish them before the next reset you may like to finish them immediately...which means using a 5 hour is a waste. In any case, I'm always looking for those shorter instants. It would be nice if they just "made change" rounded to the nearest X amount. So if you used a 5 hour on a 3.5 production you'd get back a 1 hour and a 30 minute instant. But that's probably a pipe dream.

AJ

StarLoad

Speaking of Artifacts I want to make two points.
1) I have all three Phoenix's fully evolved and placed and still get artifacts to craft .. silly
2) We collectively should be grateful that the Dev's even allow us to get older artifacts, notwithstanding that it might take some players much longer to get 9.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
1) I have all three Phoenix's fully evolved and placed and still get artifacts to craft .. silly

My guess is that we still get them, even when we have nowhere to use them because, once you have collected 9 extra, then you could sell off one that is several chapters behind and recraft a new base in your current chapter and put it out again with the extra artifacts. I have 9 extra Stonehenge artifacts in my inventory, and if that had not been something I kept upgrading with RRs, I would have definitely sold my old one and crafted a new and better base.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I've deleted the poll for now, when you're ready to vote on this, edit your initial post and @helya me and I will add it again.

Also - the spire prizes are not meant to all be great, each chest has one "good" prize, which is the one with the lowest % chance of winning. I personally am in the "more spell fragments and fewer portal profits, please" camp, but I can tell you from the support tickets we receive that there are just as many players begging for more portal profits and fewer spell fragments.

ajqtrz

I find the doing of the Spire actually more important than the exact rewards since those rewards are pretty spread out. I get CC's, Time instants, Spell Fragments, Dwarven Armour, diamonds, supply windfalls, coin rains, portal profits, teleports, artifacts, magic residences, magic workshops, Genies, and probably a couple other things of which my memory has failed me. All in all we get a lot and most of it can be used at some point or other. The few items I might believe I'll never need, well, that's just part of the Spire. In other words, to me, it's a big net gain when I do the whole thing each week. Any changes, therefore, would probably be a bit minor to me and not help much over the long run.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Except for the original bear and phoenix artifacts I have little use for the artifacts:

If I played the event then I have a fully evolved building in most cases.

If I didn't play the event then I will need like 7-9 for the evolved building to be useful. And even when going to the top weekly I rarely get that. And except for some of the original bears and phoenixes I don't find it worth it to craft more artifacts for 3 blueprints each.

So I think the artifacts are mostly useful for those who played the event originally but didn't get enough artifacts?
Spire artifacts could also be useful for players who did well enough in the initial event to win a 2nd base. Especially since in most cases the event was followed by a fellowship adventure which gave 2 more artifacts. For example, I have a 2nd Witch Hut base and 2 artifacts for it in my inventory. So when we get to that building in the Spire, I would only need to win 7 artifacts to place a 2nd, fully evolved Witch Hut in my city.

Jianju

I like Elvenar for its city building, but when it comes to tournaments, and especially the Spire, it is a chore not a game. I play the first part of the Spire not for the gameplay, but for the easy rewards. I play the tournament because it is the only way to get blueprints (although I have yet to even get to the 8th chest so I don't even bother crafting buildings/pets that need evolutions).

I guess I'm spoiled. I love the board fighting strategy of Final Fantasy Tactics. And I am really good at that game. I love having an army with a variety of attacks and defenses and equips that face an enemy with a similar level of complexity. But one thing I really hate about Elvenar's fighting set up - and that is for the main map provinces, the tournament, and the spire - is that only some battles are even winnable, and after that you either bribe them or forget about it. I have a warrior's spirit and bribing someone feels cheap. I could understand if you wanted to give players who do not like battles at all and would rather just craft items to barter with, a way to complete those potential battles, but that isn't the case - inevitably the battles get so hard there is no possible way to fight and win, and only leaves bribing as an option. I guess there are boosts on stats you can get to do better in battles, but if I'm using boosts I'd rather feel like they are giving me a quick win advantage - making me OP - rather than feel like it might might help me barely win with huge casualties.

At that point it is less about battle strategy and more about finding a way to get as many buffs as possible. It just deflates me about the military aspect of the game. I have to feel like I at least have a chance to win a fight. And that's not even bringing up the fact that playing too many battles with huge casualities ruins how you play in the next tournament, etc.

This means that I have given up on getting past the first gate of the Spire, and I only fight battles in provinces if they are medium difficulty and have small armies with a defeatable combo of troops (otherwise I don't even try and just bribe them), and in tournaments I only fight until i lose a fight and then I bribe the rest of the way through until the next round of battles.

On the emotional side, I'm just disappointed. I have my experience with Final Fantasy Tactics to compare it to, and there were plenty of hard battles in that game, but I always felt that if I fought well and used good strategy, that I could always win. I absolutely hate the feeling of having zero chance to win the battle in a fight. It just makes me feel like my army is useless and I'm pathetic loser.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I've deleted the poll for now, when you're ready to vote on this, edit your initial post and @helya me and I will add it again.

Also - the spire prizes are not meant to all be great, each chest has one "good" prize, which is the one with the lowest % chance of winning. I personally am in the "more spell fragments and fewer portal profits, please" camp, but I can tell you from the support tickets we receive that there are just as many players begging for more portal profits and fewer spell fragments.
I used to hate the portal profits. Now I can't live without them. Even a 10 in froggie no longer makes me mad, lol. I think I'm at the point now that whatever I get, sfs or pps or whatever, it's all good. I know that even the ones I used to scream at will eventually be useful, at least for me. I don't know if I'd feel that way if I had millions of sfs, but I don't, so it's all good.

ajqtrz

@Jianju

I'm wondering, given your love of Fantasy Fantasy Tactics, you bother with Elvenar? I'm glad your here, but why?

AND, I'd make a suggestion that this game is a "total game" in that you really do have to do ALL of it to make it worth it. If I left out most of the Spire (I do the whole thing), I'd constantly be short on time instants and other things. If I didn't do the tournament to a high level (I average over 6000 pts per week), I'd miss the KP/relics and blue print (10 chest fs here only, and you might like you join one). And so on. The only think I can think of that I could skip is the FA, but that's done for team work more than to enhance my city/building.

So this game may not be the game for you as it takes a bit of time to do all that. On the other hand, it can also be played slowly. You can progress at your own pace and that, too, may be enough.

AJ

BrinDarby

@Jianju ,
You might try catering lvl2 in the Spire, it really is a logic puzzle.

as far as fighting, the progression @ a certain point of enemies...
ur right is rediculious, and the AI is so dumb if its an even fight (manual).

They revamped tourn, and I never see like 8-9 enemies anymore just 5,
but for anyone comming from even hexagonal board games, or even
other turn based fighting online games.... its very easily defeated and
seems rudimentary....

the problem lies both in the algorythm and what Inno considers ( harder ).
To me , harder , doesn't mean lose more troops to win a battle, Inno seems to...
We aren't offered to see the terrain before a battle, which in many cases,
makes all the difference in how your troops are set up.
Another problem is how Inno balances out helpers to fighting.

Where most games would have a progressive AI for difficulty, Elvenar doesn't.
Its also why auto-battle sux so bad, cause then both sides use the same dumb AI.
a drop/drag for troop posistions would solve hte 1,2,3,4,5 setup that usually
fails me and my troops are in the wrong place.

There's no way, as you said to win some battles @ a certain point, unless
you have helpers, and even then it will get "harder"....

The Battle Sim @ ElvenArchitect is funner to play for me... if offers options
the game doesn't.... but if we used even thier options.... then you would have
not only critera that could rotate like "attack closest", "attack weakest", ect ect..
( randomized of course ) but also add an xtra attacker each rotation....
I enjoyed it before when you had to train certain units each week, as Egems
would suggest, rther than just 5 random units each battle as it is now...

I also think its never necessary for your enemies to be above you in stars(lvls)
because there are better ways to make it harder.... More different terrains
and having the current 1 displayed before you choose troops would go along
way to making the UI easier.

I have suggested a round robin , dbbl elim tournament before that wouldn't
mess with the non PvP aspect of Elvenar... with only a ho-hum response....
On even terms, it would be fun to see just who can fight the best 'round here.

blame the game, sounds like ur not a loser.....

Drho

What would be nice is if rewards from chest reflected the chapter the player was on. The higher the chapter the better your rewards would be. They could reward chapter specific buildings that help for that chapter. This would also reward the players for the years of time they have dedicated to this game.

Alram

Flippers just flip
The reward system in the spire is horrible. And it takes a fellowship actually placing rules on completing certain levels in spire to actually gain full fellowship commitment. IF the reward system was changed to better entice people to go further in the spire there wouldn’t be such an issue.
I think most fellowships place rules to attract players who actually like the spire and all those shiny diamond fellowship prizes.

ajqtrz

@BrinDarby I like the idea of a PVP for fun arena but of course, Elvenar won't do it and maybe shouldn't. Here's my thinking.

The moment you put in PVP people get sort of silly, especially if there's ranking or, worse, it impacts their ranking in the game! So let's leave it out and keep everybody happy....which is not to say it can't be done.

What if EA used it's code/space to create an arena? It appears to me with the coding they have, it wouldn't be a large leap to create an arena and let players show up and do their thing instead of the AI doing it. And it would drive a lot more traffic to the site as well. Maybe somebody should suggest it to EA.

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.