• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Charming Tree

DeletedUser115

Hello Humans and Elves,

Our Charming Tree event is coming soon, and we would love to hear your feedback! You can view the full announcement here

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser3166

Just into this - and bam - came to a complete and utter halt! I'm asked to do do some encounters. Sounds simple. Except I have not been able to do any encounters for weeks because I have not yet researched Orcs. Every available province I currently have is asking for Orcs as part of its encounters and my armies are about 1/3 of the opponents meaning I don't have a hope of winning any battles. So I've been stuck for the last month. I was enjoying these quests since it gives me something to do while collecting KP for research. Does the word 'boring' mean anything?

nightrider1

Just into this - and bam - came to a complete and utter halt! I'm asked to do do some encounters. Sounds simple. Except I have not been able to do any encounters for weeks because I have not yet researched Orcs. Every available province I currently have is asking for Orcs as part of its encounters and my armies are about 1/3 of the opponents meaning I don't have a hope of winning any battles. So I've been stuck for the last month. I was enjoying these quests since it gives me something to do while collecting KP for research. Does the word 'boring' mean anything?[/QUO

You can gain relics by visiting 3 rewards everyday.either neighbors or fellowship

DeletedUser9049

Just into this - and bam - came to a complete and utter halt! I'm asked to do do some encounters. Sounds simple. Except I have not been able to do any encounters for weeks because I have not yet researched Orcs. Every available province I currently have is asking for Orcs as part of its encounters and my armies are about 1/3 of the opponents meaning I don't have a hope of winning any battles. So I've been stuck for the last month. I was enjoying these quests since it gives me something to do while collecting KP for research. Does the word 'boring' mean anything?
Same here..... I think that I should be able to do it.... if I spend all my goods on negotiating.

DeletedUser7903

This is a real problem of the game, where I am not certain how to address. I would suggest to game-makers that you need some adjustments, perhaps once a player reaches a quest point of this sort, encounter difficulties are readjusted temporarily to something more manageable. I, too, get frustrated, when I would like to fight a few battles, but I know that I will just be throwing troops away. One the other hand, I'm sure that the game-makers are concerned with players blowing through encounters too quickly; I'm not sure what the answer could be.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm not sure what the answer could be.
I know this won't be popular, but perhaps in addition to the orcs requirement there could be a massive spike in scout times once you are getting close to ring 11 before chapter 8. With an in game warning "My lord, we can't go much further without blahblahblah, we need our scouts to be more advanced before we continue"

DeletedUser3507

bah that idea sucks @SoggyShorts
Last event 24 encounters is buggy. Had it stuck at 16 and did 2 extra provinces to get tree on beta

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4778

I know some people want the prize but I'm not interested because it doesn't produce mana and has no population. Plus the last 2 quests are ridiculously hard to do for quite a number of players. I really wish they would rethink these quests.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I know some people want the prize but I'm not interested because it doesn't produce mana and has no population. Plus the last 2 quests are ridiculously hard to do for quite a number of players. I really wish they would rethink these quests.

I'm only in Fairies and the last 2 were very expensive for me.
But they were worth it
Using the tourney for relics got me some KP and shards I needed
And the 24 KP from the encounters were nice

Plus in my case the tree was useful
it gave 1900 culture
I have trees from Winter Quest that give 960
So I cut down two Winter trees and built this one.
I lost 20 culture and gained a 4x3 space

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
If you have 2 day scout times, you won't finish ...

If you have two day scout times you can do 4 scouts in 8 days. That is within the time limit.

As far as the prize not being worth it for you, that is understandable.
But I think we have to remember this was a fairly simple 20 task quest.

I think the only way the devs could satisfy everybody ( well actually some would never be happy ) with these quests would be to do separate tasks and prizes for each level.
Like Quest A for research level 1- 3
Quest B for 4 - 5
etc
But if I was a dev I know what my two word response to that suggestion would be

DeletedUser3507

Remember the last 2 are 24 relics + 24 encounters /8 = 6 provinces sure if you want to scout and let them sit.. And that's not including other relics/encounters of earlier quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7370

Remember the last 2 are 24 relics + 24 encounters
You only have to scout 3 provinces for the 24 encounters. The 24 relics can be picked up entirely from the tournament. The earlier 2 relics could have been gotten from neighborly help or waiting until the tournament started.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
You only have to scout 3 provinces for the 24 encounters. The 24 relics can be picked up entirely from the tournament. The earlier 2 relics could have been gotten from neighborly help or waiting until the tournament started.

As The Sogman said, any reasonable person will use the tourney to get the 24 relics.
But you need 4 regular provinces for the encounters because of task #6.

DeletedUser7370

As The Sogman said, any reasonable person will use the tourney to get the 24 relics.
But you need 4 regular provinces for the encounters because of task #6.
Soggy and I were typing at the same time. And I sit corrected. I forgot that there was an earlier solve encounters and did not feel like going back to look for it.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Soggy and I were typing at the same time. And I sit corrected. I forgot that there was an earlier solve encounters and did not feel like going back to look for it.

I forgot about it being there until I reached it and my whole quest plan was almost thrown into a tail spin lol

DeletedUser9057

Hello every one.
I have this problem with one quest in this "A Charming Tree" quest line. It wants me to gain 1 power of provision spell. I know I can unlock the magic academy in research section, but I am too far from it, like it's gonna take me two days to get the research done, let alone getting the spell ready. Is there any other way to gain one spell? If not, it is so wrong not to think about those new players like me who are far from the magic academy building!!:(

DeletedUser7370

Hello every one.
I have this problem with one quest in this "A Charming Tree" quest line. It wants me to gain 1 power of provision spell. I know I can unlock the magic academy in research section, but I am too far from it, like it's gonna take me two days to get the research done, let alone getting the spell ready. Is there any other way to gain one spell? If not, it is so wrong not to think about those new players like me who are far from the magic academy building!!:(
You might get lucky and get one from a neighborly help, but a much better course is to join a fellowship and use the tournament to gain one. You will need to gain 2 more later, but with almost 2 weeks a second tournament should be able to help you if you still have not developed enough to do it on your own.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Hello every one.

What Ted said

But also, you obviously just started playing. If you don't make it the whole way through this event don't sweat it. There is nothing that is a "must have."
At your level you will almost surely need a decent fs to finish. I can't imagine how hard it would be for a level 1 player to get 24 relics. If you do finish, cool, if not, no big deal.

Last edited: