• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Charming Tree

DeletedUser9057

TedGrau and mucksterme, thank you both very much. It was really helpful. :)

RenegadeFLA

Just into this - and bam - came to a complete and utter halt! I'm asked to do do some encounters. Sounds simple. Except I have not been able to do any encounters for weeks because I have not yet researched Orcs. Every available province I currently have is asking for Orcs as part of its encounters and my armies are about 1/3 of the opponents meaning I don't have a hope of winning any battles. So I've been stuck for the last month. I was enjoying these quests since it gives me something to do while collecting KP for research. Does the word 'boring' mean anything?

I'm in the same boat and have a question. The provinces on my current map ring (11) require Orcs and I am just finishing the Dwarves chapter.

I asked "Support" what I should do and they said "some" of the provinces didn't require Orcs and that I should just keep scouting.

Is it true that some of the provinces on this ring (11) do not require Orcs, or would I be better off sending my scout to the NEXT map ring (12)?

Thanks!

DeletedUser3297

Is it true that some of the provinces on this ring (11) do not require Orcs, or would I be better off sending my scout to the NEXT map ring (12)?

Thanks!

You cannot scout ring 12 until you complete a ring 11 province. All provinces from ring 11 and beyond will require orcs. However, if you have less than 222 conquered provinces, then you do have some provinces below ring 11 that will not require orcs. If this is the case, look for the cheapest possible provinces to scout :)

linronhan

If you have two day scout times you can do 4 scouts in 8 days. That is within the time limit.

As far as the prize not being worth it for you, that is understandable.
But I think we have to remember this was a fairly simple 20 task quest.

I think the only way the devs could satisfy everybody ( well actually some would never be happy ) with these quests would be to do separate tasks and prizes for each level.
Like Quest A for research level 1- 3
Quest B for 4 - 5
etc
But if I was a dev I know what my two word response to that suggestion would be
It would be nice to get some reward for making to a certain level even if you cannot complete quest

Risen Malchiah

I'm in the same boat and have a question. The provinces on my current map ring (11) require Orcs and I am just finishing the Dwarves chapter.

I asked "Support" what I should do and they said "some" of the provinces didn't require Orcs and that I should just keep scouting.
It sounds like you over-scouted in one direction while possibly ignoring closer provinces elsewhere on your world map. Look all around the edges and find all the cheapest provinces, then scout only those.

DeletedUser5582

I was definitely hoping for a meatier quest for the summer solstice. This was far too simplistic and the final prize uninspired. There is nothing but some culture no population so not worth much for the space it takes. The story writing was extremely lame. Don't know what happened to this one but unless there is another quest waiting in the wings for the summer solstice I say get back on track because this was a bore from beginning to end.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yeah, I'm at the perfect spot to replace all of my winter stars, hopefully the next full event comes soon.

DeletedUser4778

Hello every one.
I have this problem with one quest in this "A Charming Tree" quest line. It wants me to gain 1 power of provision spell. I know I can unlock the magic academy in research section, but I am too far from it, like it's gonna take me two days to get the research done, let alone getting the spell ready. Is there any other way to gain one spell? If not, it is so wrong not to think about those new players like me who are far from the magic academy building!!:(
Some have already addressed this but the easiest way to fulfill it is to found your own FS if none have yet to accept you and do the first province in the first star in the tournament which will cost you very little in the way of resources.

DeletedUser4778

Thanks!
I just took over a friend's city and it's in Fairies. All the provinces around it require orcs. No cheaper provinces. Ring 11 doesn't require orcs but ring 12 does. I've found that I can win in Chapter 7 vs. Ring 12 even though rings that are 4 ahead of your current chapter are supposed to be nearly or really impossible. Choose the encounters/provinces that require only 1-2 key units, e.g. Steel, Elixir, Crystal, or Silk. Hopefully you have enough of these provinces around you to be able to fulfill the literally and figuratively bloody 24 encounters quest.

Risen Malchiah

Then unfortunately your friend way over-scouted. Since the game doesn't bother explaining that to you, I can see that being really frustrating.

DeletedUser188

I just took over a friend's city and it's in Fairies. All the provinces around it require orcs. No cheaper provinces. Ring 11 doesn't require orcs but ring 12 does. I've found that I can win in Chapter 7 vs. Ring 12 even though rings that are 4 ahead of your current chapter are supposed to be nearly or really impossible. Choose the encounters/provinces that require only 1-2 key units, e.g. Steel, Elixir, Crystal, or Silk. Hopefully you have enough of these provinces around you to be able to fulfill the literally and figuratively bloody 24 encounters quest.
Do you mean you are guiding that player with advice or are you actually playing their account
If you are giving advice that's great
If you are playing their account that's breaking game rule #3 and I would advise you to stop right away you could get yourself banned from game

DeletedUser9098

How am I supposed to finish the quests. I just got to research a technology. I researched everything in my current level, but I can't go any further until I clear 20 more provinces. After just finishing the tournament before getting this quest, I don't have enough troops to be begin to clear all those provinces. Nor do I have the goods to negotiate for all that many. This setup is kind of ridiculous, either go back to making the province battles easier, or reduce the requirement for moving thru the levels. When I started there were no requirements for levels, I stopped for a while and came back and now the requirements are way harder. Either you focus on improving, or you focus on helping your fellowship. How are you supposed to do both?

Risen Malchiah

Redsand, I hate to suggest this, but in your case you might benefit from a bug in that quest. Some are reporting that the research tech quest will complete when you upgrade a building lvl 12+. Try and see I suppose.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
How am I supposed to finish the quests. I just got to research a technology. I researched everything in my current level, but I can't go any further until I clear 20 more provinces.

This is where having the task list ahead of time comes in handy.
I'm at a point where one research takes 70 or 80 kp
So I held a completed one for five days because I knew this was coming.

. Either you focus on improving, or you focus on helping your fellowship. How are you supposed to do both?

I try to balance between both.
There are times when your city needs extra attention, and times you are waiting for upgrades or scouting to finish.

DeletedUser3600

I can not complete this in time. I am at fairy level, I have 3 tech waiting to be released, but they require too much night essence to be able to complete in time to finish a research.

DeletedUser3297

I can not complete this in time. I am at fairy level, I have 3 tech waiting to be released, but they require too much night essence to be able to complete in time to finish a research.

You can still get it done, add more night farms ;)

If you have 5 day and 4 night, you will never be techlocked. If you are getting techlocked in Fairies, you will spend a very, very, very long time in Orcs...

DeletedUser6372

I found the quest to be trivial, finished within 48 hours because I prepared ahead of time. I had spammed out some workshops since I was between guest races at the time.

The reward, however, was trivially meaningless. The culture was okay for the size of building, I guess, but I don't really *need* culture. Ponds from Faeries give a far higher raw number of culture, which is better when you have a fellowship actively visiting regularly. Heck, I've deleted some buildings from the Easter event already simply because my fellows were clicking on something only giving, say, 800 culture instead of, for example, 3700 culture. Sure, the Pond is bigger, but that's kinda beside the point. At my point in the game, it's not so much about space efficiency as it is raw throughput. And if I can attain the same numbers with fewer visits, then I am ahead of the game.

At least the Barrow gives good population, even if I have to hide it in the corner of my city to keep people from clicking on it since the culture it produces is trivial.

Risen Malchiah

I wish that were the case for me. No matter how far away from my MH I put my aging winter festival buildings, they still get clicked (and I do keep high culture buildings right next to my MH). I only keep them for the population and could really use a new festival that replaces those.

LizAdelle

Apparently with the "upgrade" of the Inventory area from "Spells" & "Buildings" to "Enchantments" & "Summonings" something got lost. I completed the Quest in 2 of my worlds (in one I am in Ch 5, in the other Ch 6). The little number "1" showed there was something in "Summonings" - I assumed it was the Tree. When I opened the tab to collect/place my Tree, it was not there. I submitted a support ticket - we'll see what happens.