• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A community based building!

DeletedUser

@annen1 There are 22 total server forums for them to tally, so the numbers you're seeing here are not the final ones. There's still a lot of work for them to do. Also, this is not a building that can be bought.

It is a way to involve you, our community, in the making of a building, but it's also a way to thank our dedicated players as this building will only be obtainable via forum contests and social media contests!

How is it going to work ?
Three weeks in a row, we will post a survey in the forums (and later that same week on social media) asking for your opinion. All answers from all over the world will be added up to decide the winning option.

In a few weeks, we will be able to share with you what characteristics the building will have and later this year, we will start granting it as a contest reward.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
"as this building will only be obtainable via forum contests and social media contests!"
Since the building is intended as a prize in order to increase engagement on social media, people who are already participating without the prize are hardly likely to participate less because it isn't good enough, so the concern that "not very many people would participate" if they knew it would be in short supply and "I could definitely think about doing a Quest Line type competition for that How about You" is probably a misunderstanding.

70% of the voters picked 2x2 out of the options that were offered. Taking the vote as meaning 70% of the voters wanted a 2x2 building is a bit like saying 49% of American Voters wanted their current leader, when in fact some of the voters actually expressed that they hated the 2x2 building less than they hated the 1x4 or the 4x1 building (Some because they are aware the other options can not receive helping hands from neighbors and friends, and would rather not place such buildings)

(edit: Oops, missed a page, including Azkaban's earlier response to part of this.)

Tauriel Dragonwood

You know what would be great? If everyone who participates in the Forums gets this community-based building we are all voting on. I know mostly everyone thinks this is a way for Inno to make more money but I think it could be a way to get more Elvenar players to join in and share their opinions on the Forum. This building could also be the game devs way of showing their appreciation for us being loyal fans of Elvenar. We stayed even though most of us at one time wanted to throw out our cauldrons and leave Elvenar, especially when the new battle system came to be. Awarding us for our patience would show Inno cares for you and me.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I know mostly everyone thinks this is a way for Inno to make more money
Since the building can't be purchased, I don't believe anyone thinks this, and certainly not "mostly everyone"
I think it could be a way to get more Elvenar players to join in and share their opinions on the Forum.
This is exactly the point of the building. (inc FB)

annen1

@annen1 There are 22 total server forums for them to tally, so the numbers you're seeing here are not the final ones. There's still a lot of work for them to do. Also, this is not a building that can be bought.

Thank You, Azkaban, for clearing up my misconceptions. I have a better understanding now. I wish I had picked on the "rest of the story" behind the understandably grumpy discussion before I posted my comments. I did understand that the building can't be bought In the normal way, but there's all kind of currency. Now that I've read the comments on this page I think the currency that INNO is looking for is our time. The time we spend here and on Social Media equals advertising and promotion for the game represents currency to INNO. To have people who love the game spend the time to do that type of Extemporaneous Advertising is invaluable. Personally, I have no problem with that (up to a point). It does seem a shame though, people who work all day are not going to have the time to participate on the media sites and get a decent amount of playing time. So, truly, not everyone has an equal chance to attain this much-discussed building.Well, one thing for sure They have folks talking, and sharing Ideas. :) Thanks again for the clarification, and sorry my 1st Post was ill-conceived
annen1.

DeletedUser

Thank You, Azkaban, for clearing up my misconceptions. I have a better understanding now. I wish I had picked on the "rest of the story" behind the understandably grumpy discussion before I posted my comments. I did understand that the building can't be bought In the normal way, but there's all kind of currency. Now that I've read the comments on this page I think the currency that INNO is looking for is our time. The time we spend here and on Social Media equals advertising and promotion for the game represents currency to INNO. To have people who love the game spend the time to do that type of Extemporaneous Advertising is invaluable. Personally, I have no problem with that (up to a point). It does seem a shame though, people who work all day are not going to have the time to participate on the media sites and get a decent amount of playing time. So, truly, not everyone has an equal chance to attain this much-discussed building.Well, one thing for sure They have folks talking, and sharing Ideas. :) Thanks again for the clarification, and sorry my 1st Post was ill-conceived
annen1.

Your first post was fine, not a problem at all. :D

We have to keep in mind that we don't know anything beyond what has been made available to us on the forums, so we have no idea yet how much time will be allotted for each contest, nor how often those contests will run. Likewise, we don't know if there will be one winner per contest, or several. We also do not know what the field of competition will be; I know I am not the only player that's not likely to bother with it. So, fewer competitors may mean a better chance for those competing. We just have to wait and see. :)

i don't do social media of any kind, so unless it is doable in the forum it wont matter what size it is or benefits it provides

They have stated that it is both social media and the forums.

DeletedUser6892

Basically what it's saying is that there is no info to it yet. We as the community on the forum and social media are deciding what the building is by size and origin
TY; wasn't sure if it meant a FS community or a players neighborhood etc, this fills in some confusion, esp since missed much of discussion & polls. But I was also being silly cuz i did feel kinda confused, so just being my krazee self (w/a 'k', lol) & appreciate the info. Don't have lots of time lately so am all for however it goes if miss more again. Will go over posts at later date; trusting to this great community where I have fun & look forward to what ever may come next! keep smilin all! =) k4k

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Awesome to hear the results, sadly my least favourite themed building style. That said I still enjoyed the participation ability as small as it was, and look forward to seeing the building.

Thank you.

DeletedUser

The tenth of never

grin yolk.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So they are finally making this available to the players, sort of. They posted an announcement about it earlier today to their Facebook account, saying you need to go to Instagram and join some contest in order to get the building, called The Gravity Inn. No clue what it actually does though. They claim in the comments on the Facebook post that it will be made available on other platforms besides Instagram, but nothing on when.

Since Facebook owns Instagram, I hoped that one sign-in would work on the other, but no, I had to sit here and try and find a user ID for Instagram that I liked and was not already taken. When I finally did that, I clicked on the image for the contest, but what they wanted people to do was too much for me, so I will just have to wait til they make it available to get here.