• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A community based building!

DeletedUser146

OMG...come on people! They are giving you a chance to be involved. That's all it is and you're all complaining about it. Who cares why they are doing it. I mean really. They honestly don't have to ask our opinion on anything they do because no matter what if they do it we are going to accept it. But they decided to give us a chance to say what size building we want. Just give them an answer. Say Thank you. Maybe comment on what kind of benefit it will also have NOT why should you bother doing it if you don't know anything about it. who the hell cares.. You sound like a bunch of ungrateful brats.
I did not see that anyone was complaining....except for one.

I voted 2x2 because that is most often easiest for most players, I think. Personally, 1x4 or 4x1 is frequently available in my city.
Happy to get whatever reward may come our way, especially if it is something that our FS can use together. Excited to see what comes.
Thanks for adding to the fun.

NightshadeCS

4x1 and 1x4 will split the vote (they are the Hillary and Bernie), since they are the same dimensions, just different orientations. 2x2 will win. Duh, Inno! ;-)

I think this will be fun! Who cares who gets the prize? It will probably end up something pretty simple, so let's just have fun and participate, or not if you don't want to. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DeletedUser3507

Clearly with the pop it takes to upgrade a Main Hall, this should be included in it, I agree we don't need more building to take up the little space that remains.

And with having to keep 1 T4,T5 and T6, you really are not considering us the player population need.s. We're not going to have space for anything....:mad:

devil999

I dont like the " contest " factor. I cant get to forun very easy, and dont have a lot of time to waste, either. If it is possible, make a simpler way to respond, through ingame chanels. I also dont have any access to social media, ( locked out of facebook ) so, make it possible for those of us to participate !!!!!

Tansae

Well I like either the 1x4 or 2x2 we already have a lot of 4x or 3x 1's and I find I have lots of open spaces in the 4x1 area. I really think that if you participate on the forum and the social media that you will be up to receive...only the ones that don't maybe won't get it? I am hoping for storage where we can move builds, roads and merchandise like FA badges to it. if we can move FA badges to it and the whole fs can use the badges when needed that would be a plus. It also would be a plus if we could put stuff we don't want to use in it and others in fs could get them...but dream on Twinklet I know. But they did say they were building a storage build for us to temp put stuff so we could move towns around. Which means that we prob could only have one per name. I really wouldn't care if it gave culture...but pop would be nice. I think this is exciting and fun how they are doing this!!
I also would like a storage so it makes it easier to rearrange my town.

DeletedUser2829

I vote for the 2x2 option as I rarely get the leftover 1x3 or 1x4 to be in the proper orientation for the building.
If this building doesn't need to be connected to a road, or even if it does. I find I have 4x1 spaces in odd spots in my city and this would work well.
Now as far as the function of it is concerned, I think it should be somewhere Fellows can gift something to another player. We can give coin, KP and in the FA we can throw our badges together, so why not have a depository where we can give a new player a gift. or someone who's having a birthday, anniversary, or any other special day for that person? A lot of the other city building games have personal interaction that allows this. I do believe it would be a big asset to Elvenar, and if someone chooses not to have the building, that's fine too. ( although after the contest. It would be nice to have the building in our Culture to be purchased at a later date ) Just my thoughts on the subject.

DeletedUser2983

It is a great idea to include the community's thoughts. The problem is there is not enough information as to the purpose of the building and would size matter in that purpose. I voted for 4x1 because that seems to be the space I have available.

DeletedUser2829

You guys have beat that subject to death, sorry I wish it would happen, but Inno has made it very clear that,that will never occur. I have seen this same thing over and over for the past 2 years.
Yes a repository for our building would be nice too, so often it's a choice of selling off something in order to place something new and needed for our chapter. Most of my culture has population attached to it and going negative population isn't one of my favorite things to do, but I must admit, I've had to do it several times, A storage unit would be Great. Let's hope the developers hear us this time.

DeletedUser2829

It is a great idea to include the community's thoughts. The problem is there is not enough information as to the purpose of the building and would size matter in that purpose. I voted for 4x1 because that seems to be the space I have available.
Patience PHall. The team likes to give out teasers to pique our interest. All will be explained in due time. and I vote for the 4x1 also

DeletedUser2829

I agree...it is disappointing to see them say "only a few will get it"....that usually means unless you are end game, forget it, you don't stand a chance. This game has really taken on a "screw the little guy/new player" twist to it.
Perhaps after the contest, they could make it available in our culture for purchase, at a reasonable cost. That would give the little guy a chance to have it too.

DeletedUser10098

small "filler" buildings are fine.....if you have space to put them. I still have "instant" buildings awaiting space to locate them in my city... Short of have to buy a 5x5 square...could we add some prize that would (over time) give you a free 5x5 space in the city??

vermp

I have a suggestion : stop calling it a "community based building".

Those words imply a building whose function is based on/around a "community". But to be usable in that manner requires that "communities" have access to it, and that appears not to be the case since the stated intention is to only make it accessible by a [very] limited number of individuals.

What is actually being offered/proposed is a rare - as in, very few players will get to own one - building, and some design factors of that building (such as form, style, function) are being made available as limited-choice options for voting on by us, the players, the "community".
A closer description might be a "community-designed building". (hmm, "designed by committee" ... ?)
I was confused too.

bkbajb

I think what will make this difficult is, what should this building do and what chapter are you on. Will this building change with the chapter you are on? If so, how much culture, supplies, population, or mana will it give. It is up to us, but it needs to be fair I think to the chapter you are on.

DeletedUser14412

I have a few cool ideas for this structure:

1. How about a dimensional portal that allows you to exchange goods and resources with other cities you own in the other worlds! Of course then you would have to build one in each of your cities to achieve this.

2. A duty free shop (placed next to the trader) that removes the trading fee when trading with cities outside your explored area. I personally think that 50% markup is ridiculous.

3. A diamond mine/jeweler that produces one diamond per day that has to be collected before another can be produced and maybe have it level up with your city (multiplied by the level of your city). This would encourage people to visit/work their city every day.

4. A cultural building where its contributed culture is based on the city's fellowship standing. This would further encourage people to work on fellowship play.

I don't know if these ideas (or a variation of) are a good fit for what the development team is heading for in this particular project, however if not it's something to maybe consider in future developments.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1946

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss about the community-based building and the poll regarding the building's size. Also, don't forget to vote at the top of the page! :)

The poll will be open for 7 days.

Reference:
building_sizes.png

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
One suggestion I have aside from the dimensions of this particular building is about expansion size. As you progress in the game and buildings get bigger and bigger it seems that the size of expansions could increase as well. Or that other ways of achieving them could be developed. Thanks

DeletedUser3507

They are going to keep adding these buildings to you voice your opinion... Wait see how much room you have for chapter 12 guest race space... You will see...:eek::eek::eek: