• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A community based building!

DeletedUser203

I voted 2x2 because for me, that is the easiest size to place, As my other buildings keep increasing in size a 2x2 is becoming more like a 1x1,, lol,,, This forum is about as close to social media as I ever get,, I am sure that I have a facebook account,,,, somewhere,,,, And before DT became Pres. I did not know what twitter was,,

DeletedUser2947

Methinks people are voting based on chapter. In earlier chapters I might have preferred a different size. Now that I'm at the end of the tree, residences (which take up a large % of land become 4 high, so 1x4 it is. Why not design all 3 shapes? The functionality of the coding is the same - it is just the art that would differ.

I will not be dragged onto social media for something that few will win. So to those who do - enjoy, and maybe we'll eventually find out from you what the building actually does.

I'd prefer that Inno scrap this and put its dev resources into fixing the mobile app so one can get chests from visits, and add KP to AWs. The no-chests thing is hindering non-PC players in the Easter Event.

In sum - fewer prizes that few can win, and more equity across platforms.

And now for the joke of the day -- (uh... either you know sardonic or you don't).

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The problem with limited edition for me is the same for the event buildings. If it doesn't auto level with the chapters then it becomes 'obselete'. So what would be the point? I like the event buildings but because of the new arrangement of quests in the events by needing all the tier one factories... and I wonder how long it will be until a full set of all tiers are needed.... there really isn't enough space for that and for the actual game. I tried using the elvenarch thing but I don't really see how that will help me. I need to do all the math first and figure out how to get things in a better arrangement.

cleverphox

I personally feel a 2x2 would be more fair for both races as it doesn't lean one way or another. And as a suggestion for community based building, might I suggest a flea market that would sell or trade various odd goods such as enchantments, instants and summonings. Or if you really want to get all Trump on us and have slavery auction house to move troops around (never mind that's a bad idea). In any case, the more items that are deposited for storage, the greater the supplies or coins or something that can be collected from that building.

DeletedUser3507

I must be in a time warp I would almost swear I saw this last year!:confused:o_O;)

DeletedUser1461

Nah not interested. Community building but only some will get it! Why participate if only some will get it and not everyone. You take the ideas from players and use it only for some. Shame on you!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I agree...it is disappointing to see them say "only a few will get it"....that usually means unless you are end game, forget it, you don't stand a chance. This game has really taken on a "screw the little guy/new player" twist to it.
You summed that up pretty nicely there. I get that same feeling sometimes too!!
You are right it seems lately like everything is geared toward keeping and rewarding the higher players what about the new/smaller players they don't stand a chance. I've been playing about 2 years and even I have only received about a 1/4 of the rewards which would help me.
It's a community contest building, as in the size of your city has zero impact on whether you will win it.
For example:
"Hello Elvenar players! We are adding another new server, help us pick a name!"
And whoever submits the winning name wins the building. No advantage for higher level players.

Lavenderangel49

My vote is 2x2.
I don't know if it will be part of the survey later, but I would also vote that it doesn't need to be attached to a road. There aren't very many of those, so a lot of space goes to waste. This could be a perfect fit! :cool:

I like the idea of taking a survey, too! Surveys are fun. :p

Edit: Yes, I'm feeling particularly positive and optimistic right now. I also know the struggles of space limitations, but being pessimistic about the whole thing doesn't do any good. So... :D

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The size and shape, to me, do not matter much. Voting on them is like saying "You can have a vehicle I will choose for you, what color do you wish it to be?"
"a vehicle" could be anything from an ATM to Boeing 747. If I don't know it's use I can't make a good choice on it's less important aspects.

What should have been done, IMHO, is a question of it's function. Give us a choice on that and a vote would have significant impact. How about a place for fellowship badges (as has been suggested), or a place to store "shareable" buildings (the fs could "own" the buildings but people could "rent" them). Or even a bank for coins or other resources for a fellowship to share. A "community" building should benefit the entire community, but of course I'm assuming by "community" you mean the fellowship. Am I correct?;

So, my advice would be to redo this thread and ask the most important question: what function do yo wish this building to serve?" Then give us a list of things it could do and let us vote on that.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
They are going to keep adding these buildings to you voice your opinion... Wait see how much room you have for chapter 12 guest race space... You will see...:eek::eek::eek:
You really need to let go of the whole "I have no space" complaint.
1. I gave you a design for your city that frees up 8 whole expansions, you just haven't done it.
2. I'm in the same chapter as you(5 techs left) with 36 fewer expansions than you have, and I was able to fit 40 2x2 buildings for the event.
3. Your choices that have led to a lack of space don't apply to every single topic on the forums.

Lavenderangel49

I don't understand why a 'community based' building should be so small. In my opinion the smallest this should be is 4*4 = 16 squares rather than 4 as we are asked to vote on. The benefits which can reasonably be provided from such a small building will make it less desirable than something which is bigger, unless the benefits are significantly greater per square than any current buildings.

I like the idea of a community based building but what does it deliver?

We are being asked to vote on something which is poorly defined so until there is more information I see no point in voting.

I was also confused by the community part.

I play of Forge of Empires, and when I first read the announcement, it sounded a lot like the Friends Tavern they added not too long ago. :p

DeletedUser188

I voted for 4x1 because that's what I voted for on beta and my decision was based off my live city
So it was a no brainer that I would pick the same on live
I could be wrong but it seems to me that since they have announced this new building yesterday
There has been more votes in 1 day than for any poll on beta
The turnout for this poll alone is incredible 200 votes in 1/2 a day :cool:
I think no matter what the community part of the building will be everyone coming together to decide what it will be
Lets hope everyone gets one

annen1

I agree with a 1x4 or 4x1 building. I wish it wasn't being thought of as such an elite situation, The people who win all the prizes are certainly entitled to them. However, most of the people who play the game, rarely have a chance at the unique prizes. Also, I don't have a problem with an event to roll this building out, but I am tired of events that do not award prizes that are not equivalent to the tasks required to get them. I am not suggesting that INNO give things away to the point where this game is no longer profitable to them. What I am suggesting is that the rewards offered for the quests in a competition be equal to the amount of effort involved in acquiring that reward. The truth of the matter is that the prizes are virtual, and therefore do not involve cash, on INNO's part. The event that gives the buildings as prizes is the money maker. Offering slightly generous prizes is a proven business tactic that could be employed to increase game loyalty (therefore bottom line). (i.e) Be good to the customer and they will be loyal to you.
Thoughtfully Submitted,
annen1

DeletedUser16436

I think that it should produce knowledge point(s), & add lots of culture as a benefit, regardless of it's size/shape!

DeletedUser5253

Community Based Bldg. Does that mean that our community (Guild/Fellowship) can go into each of our Community based bldg and share what we have inside? I think that would be very helpful (i.e. especially to the new players)
I also agree on Social Formats, I am not keen with TB, twitter and the like... just seems a waste of time unless it is new pictures of my grandchildren that I download. I play this game, I do not want to chase this game into social media. We play this game as relaxing or a bit of fun. It is not fun when we are asked to go to forums or social media to possible gain a bldg that we most likely wont get. How about putting a quest for those who do not partake in social media? Make things fair and even for everyone. I know it is hard however, I believe it could be done.
Voted 1x4, seems I have room for those throughout the chapters. I think it would be good to hold shareable bldgs, culture, coins, hammers and the like. If not that then it gives hammers, mana, culture or population. possibly all of those things, depending on what chapter your in.... would be great to collect mana ahead of time.

DeletedUser16438

Why not just make this like the Tavern in Forge of Empires? Everyone gets to use it and it takes up no space in the city. Win Win

Elvenar devs seem to make things more difficult for players (AWs have less bonuses than GBs, Moving buildings is harder, etc.) than the FoE ones. Never understood this.

DeletedUser3507

Yes it does, not ready to change city @ 90% done, maybe you're into that, not me...,

Last edited by a moderator: