• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A "Culture City"

Maevie

I like the idea of a "Culture City" and decided to try fleshing out some ways to implement it, in a way that would both leave existing challenges intact and add a new layer. There are a couple ways I can think of to approach it from. Here goes!

"Ground Rules"

* Access and all progress must be earned (as outlined below, unless there are better ideas).
* Once the culture is transferred to its city, all benefits are stripped and it cannot be put back in the Main City.

Idea #1

Create a new Ancient Wonder so there would be the research aspect. This AW can serve as a kind of portal to the Culture City, which would eliminate the need to make too many changes to the existing GUI, other than a transfer button near the move/sell buttons. Each time you upgrade the AW, you get a new Culture City expansion.

I don't know what Chapter this should be made available from; I'd say the same as the next idea and instead of getting rune shards from scouting regular provinces, they have to be forged or something like that because many players will probably have scouted beyond where it would make sense to have them by then.

If you don't care about having a Culture City, simply don't build the AW.

Idea #2

1. Unlock a certain Chapter (hereafter ChX for short...which one, IDK - probably the first guest race?)

2. Start the city-specific quest line; part one opens full access, part two facilitates expanding
2a. All Culture City quests should be available within that city, not the Main to avoid cluttered screens.
2b. If you don't care about the city, don't start any of the quests.

3. Make some regular production buildings drop a special item in a similar manner as the Craftsmen Challenge.
3a. These drops become an in-game currency needed to expand your Culture City, in addition to the premium option.
3b. 3 hours = 5-10 items, 9 hours = 10-15 items, 1 day = 15-20 items, 2 days = 20-25 items
*** Any productions that are less than 3 hours drop nothing.
*** Also, no drops from guest race buildings, residences, or cultural pieces.
*** The drops can be by chance, so not necessarily guaranteed every time.

Have 1 space open by default like the main city (or did that start with like 4 spaces? IDR).

Put expansion requirements on the rest:

#1: 500 items, #2: 1000 of item, #3: 1500 of item, and so on.

Some quest ideas
  • Collect x amount of special drop
  • Use x amount of special item to expand
  • Expand city x time(s)
  • Place a piece in your Culture City x time(s) or Place x piece(s) in your Culture City
  • Place a piece with x+ amount of culture
  • Place a piece that is x by x or larger
Rewards for quests
  • Varying amounts of the special item (more than production drops but less than expansion requirements)
  • Coins, supplies, goods, KP, relics, etc.
  • Whatever makes the most sense
Special reward for progress
  • Permaculture - not like the actual definition, but a permanent culture bonus for your Main City that is solely derived from higher level progress in the Culture City; nothing to do with the pieces placed there as per the second 'ground rule'. There should be a cap on the maximum bonus amount, like maybe 3000? However much per expansion? I don't know. It has to be worth aspiring to, but not 'too much' to where you won't need to have culture in the main city if you like to take advantage of the high culture boosts.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

Maevie

Maybe my post should have its own topic since it isn't about a storage shed. :\ I was trying not to duplicate similar discussions. I do like the idea of a shed or some kind of gallery, but feel that Inno and other players who are against it may be more receptive about taking it into consideration if it involves more of a challenge.

Vergazi

@Maevie this is what the Teleport Building spell is for if I understand your post correctly. The building will be stored in your inventory like any other building, waiting to be deployed back onto your city grid. Teleport spells are obtained in the Spire of Eternity.