• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Once someone learns how this type of mini-game works, the event is pretty easy, though luck can really make a difference. I have two Beta cities, an older one that is in chapter 17, and a newer one that has the new version of research and is in chapter 7, but started the event while in chapter 6. I ended up at 275 in the big city and 296 in the little one, all because I got so many more of the Lucky Draw cards in the small city. My luck started out so poorly in the big city that I thought I would not even get to 260, but that improved over the final few days, as I finally won some Luck Draws and got the bonus chips from them.

Yogi Dave

@Jackluyt I notice on the Platinum Leaf page about the event in the section labeled "Day One Special offer (from previous event):" has the following for the last paragraph:

Don't forget to feed your Ashen Phoenix if you have one - it gives on extra event currency every time you collect a stash on the outskirts of your city!

The Ashen Phoenix gives extra currency for each quest completed, not for collecting event currency.

That being said, I really, really want to thank you, @iDavis and @TomatoeHu for your info about the event and the quests.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I will play this event but without much hope of actually obtaining the set. The God of All Random Things in the Multiverse rarely shines upon me so the chances that I can even get through to the end of the grand prize lane are not very good.

I don't mind 'random', but it would be nice if you could be assured of a set of prizes by completing the event and then have the random kick in on the extras.

Zoof

walk through
Please read through the official thread. The best we have regarding a walkthrough, however, is this spreadsheet, which details all the stuff you can get in the event: https://tinyurl.com/36ptuf4r

And this video, which details strategies in how to play the hard part of the event:

The official event video, though can be found in this post

EDIT: For context, this post and the post it was in reply of was a separate thread at the time before it was merged into this one.

Last edited:

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
7x6
citadel set.png

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
So I did get the whole set on Beta. I was very surprised to arrive at that point, I didn't really think that I would. So first off, thank you to those who posted spending strategies for best offers, that was very helpful. I was partway along the path that would lead to the very disturbing avatar, with 3 bad offers I had respawning, and 74 DCs remaining. Who knows, I may have ended up with the Dwarven Queen avatar for Beta, if I had gotten up at 1:30 in the morning to check for dropped chips, and see where the League was headed. By the way, I have those numbers, from a post on the Beta Forum.
Hobby 0
Iron 105
Bronze 247
Silver 290
Gold 334