• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, I am so done with the extreme range of luck needed for this event. Playing this in three cities, two Beta and one Live, shows beyond just the Lucky Draws how bad luck can ruin this event. Look at what it takes to make one level 6 piece. Someone could get super, super lucky and pull two level 5 pieces in a row from the cup, meaning that level 6 piece cost them 8 chips to make. Someone on the opposite end with horrible luck may only pull level 1 pieces, which means 62 level 1 pieces to make that level 6 piece, or 248 chips. That extreme is highly unlikely, but I have had the game give me 8-10 level 1 pieces in a row from a cup multiple times across the three cities. Not getting Lucky Draws for the extra chips, or level 5 and level 6 pieces, combined with poor luck in drawing higher level pieces from the cups equals a big failure of an event.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
First: I like this event structure. It's different and the mechanics of merging/accepting trades is interesting. Timing the playing of the event this time is also different for me. I'm not particularly enamored of any of the dailies, so I'm going for gems/grand prizes. But, I still like to play on the days a daily is something I'd like to win multiples of. I'm not interested in spinning for alternate daily prizes unless I get to a point where none of the dailies is something I want multiples of. In prior events, going for the same outcome, I'd have one huge click-fest of spending event currency, then I was finished until the next daily prize I wanted. With this structure, I'm playing throughout the 24hr period when the daily I want is up. This is mainly due to discarding offers and having the 30min cooldown for the next offer to appear. When that locks all 3 offer windows, I'm stuck waiting in that city. I have 2 cities, so flipping back and forth usually means I don't have a lot of dead time unless I get 3 crummy offers at the same time in both cities. It does mean that the structure increases the amount of time I spend in-game, which I'm guessing is one of the company's goals.
But, I am also in full agreement with @Enevhar Aldarion: The luck component in this structure is a huge swing! I'm thinking that's because there are so many steps between earning event currency and turning it into gems and success at each step depends on a separate set of probabilities. It's easy to see with just my 2 cities. They're set up almost identical for the event: both have fed lvl 10 Ashen Phoenix; neither has a Stash House. I haven't yet claimed my event currency from the newsletter; I usually wait until near the end. This time, it's already pretty obvious where I will need to use it, lol! I finished the sequential quest line before the first locked quest unlocked on the day of launch in my Elcy city and the next morning in my Khel city. I haven't kept track of exact numbers for event currency and/or anything else so far; I just wanted to play the event to see if I like it before analyzing it to death. I used the recommendations on Tomatoe's spreadsheet for offer completions/discards for the best chance at getting the most gems in both cities. Both cities have hovered around the same number of chips in inventory since I'm picking up chips in both cities around the same times. Right now, Elcy has 86 chips and Khel has 77. I'm playing for the same dailies in both cities, so I last spent the day playing the event yesterday, and am back to building up chips again. With 12.5 days to go, here is where my gems are in both cities:
Elcy: 166 Khel: 236
Some of the poor performance in Elcy can be explained by it being the first city where I spent chips and learned the mechanics. I was also learning which offers were in which locations as well as which ones were least expensive in terms of gems received, so may have taken a couple of the less than optimal offers. I don't see how that could possibly account for a difference of 70 gems by itself. Factor in having better luck in the pieces drawn from the cups, better luck getting the Lucky Draw cards, and better luck getting extra chips or the lvl 5/6 pieces in Khel...that could account for a bunch of those 70 gems...

evercool00

"Gateway to the past" is a new structure. I feel it is more work to do in order to obtain the rewards. I have a feeling that the designer wanted us to spend more time on the game. In my opinion, the more simple of the games are more popular, for example Candy Crush and Wordle. I have been spending enough time on the game to do the Spire, Daily routine goods pickup and the quests to obtain the Dwarven Chips and now I have to deal with matching the little Dice, Dwarven Tools and Dwarven Figurines in order to gain the Triumph Gems. I have to spend so much more time on this new structure. As you know spending too much time in front of a monitor is not good to people's eyes.
I want a simple, easy to play rules. I have spent enough time to deal with the daily goods production routines, Spire, Tournament already. I would like to see a simple structure in the future.
Thank you for reading my comment.

JessMac

Some people forget it is a free game, but they want all of the rewards that paying players get.
Please expand. Because for me it hasn’t been free. I’ve enjoyed the game, for the most part. I will admit this post is me ranting. But I would like you to expand because I have spent, in the year plus I have played, a couple hundred dollars when you add it all up. I have in the past paid for my instant gratification. But they took an awesome new game board and ruined it. I would have had to pay a ton for my instant gratification in this new game. For most*** gems you need 3 pieces. All 3 pieces have 6 levels. Each time you clear a gram selection it changes at random. (Usually these forums are filled with mathematical probabilities). Add in the game board randomness. Add in the limited number of quests. Add in the every 3 hour almost nothing money drop. Dear god I’m horrible at math but even I can see how this was never in our favor unless their algorithms randomly worked out to make it so. Which is rare.

Again don’t get me wrong. I like the game. But it is skewed in the numbers. If it wasn’t why did they release the how to play. And why did they release the new short event in Beta? ( super looking forward to that btw!)

Changes don’t happen unless the people complaining make sense. ;)

StarLoad

I like the event I don’t like the numbers.
Well forgive me for saying but thats a contradiction, you either Like ALL of it or not, you cant pick and choose. That is like saying you love your new high performance sports car, rave to everyone about it but dislike putting Premium gas in it. You take it the way its given and make the best of it, or ignore it and go on.

As for your Original post if you want to provide feedback about the event you should post it here

Ed

SummerAmbrosia

The OP was really, really mad and wanted to vent. I understand how the post came out. When people are REALLY ticked off they are not themselves. I suspect the OP is probably an even tempered and fair person. It does not sound like it in the first post.
The event itself is a blast. I loved it on Beta and I love it in the "real game".
The odds are hard and the game is slow. It's as simple as that. I don't expect it to be easy. Inno is a company that needs to make money. However, through all of the OP's "madness" he/she does have a point. I have never spent this much money on an event..
I realize it is my choice to pay. I make the choices in my life. Those not in my position ( old, retired, have a bit of money from working hard all of my life...), don't have the choice to spend a lot of money. It would be maddening to me.
I get the "don't like it, don't play" attitude. However, in this case the OP is correct. The odds are "funny". There are tips and tricks that I've followed, but it is still difficult (the odds, not the game).
And that ugly guy's pipe is in the wrong place...

JessMac

The OP was really, really mad and wanted to vent. I understand how the post came out. When people are REALLY ticked off they are not themselves. I suspect the OP is probably an even tempered and fair person. It does not sound like it in the first post.
The event itself is a blast. I loved it on Beta and I love it in the "real game".
The odds are hard and the game is slow. It's as simple as that. I don't expect it to be easy. Inno is a company that needs to make money. However, through all of the OP's "madness" he/she does have a point. I have never spent this much money on an event..
I realize it is my choice to pay. I make the choices in my life. Those not in my position ( old, retired, have a bit of money from working hard all of my life...), don't have the choice to spend a lot of money. It would be maddening to me.
I get the "don't like it, don't play" attitude. However, in this case the OP is correct. The odds are "funny". There are tips and tricks that I've followed, but it is still difficult (the odds, not the game).
And that ugly guy's pipe is in the wrong place...
I really appreciate you. For reading through everything and getting me. THANK YOU!!!

BrinDarby

Unlike other events, I have no clue if I'm doing good/bad.
I pretty much take the same offers, and roll roll roll ur offers.

a median would be 97 gems, 1000 currency, lock'd out, & 4 LDs.
I try to take offers for +3 with a per gem cost < 12 piece cost.

Am I wayy off base here ?( GP wise ) I am having fun playing, tho..

Ibison

So seriously, how many times a day do you think that you should have to login and collect tokens around the city so that you would get the full set? That way I can show the math.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hey @JessMac ,
You called @Darielle rude, yet you went beyond that
and jumped down her throat... Not cool :rolleyes:. I'll try not
to be rude, yet Blunt..... is x=(a+b+c)/3 too hard for you ?
Thanks, Brin. Rude people have a tendency to think it's rude to call out their rudeness. Sigh. I never even realized he held a grudge all this time. Yes, he did apologize to me in a PM long ago and I accepted it willingly and was very friendly in response. I thought the matter was closed. Apparently not ... news to me.

There's a Buddhist saying ..."anger is a poison that you drink, hoping the other person will die from it." I never let yesterday's upset color the way I look at someone today. But I have to admit, today is not a good day in my relationship with Jessie, lol. Luckily, there's always tomorrow.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
[MOD EDIT] I went to this event with low expectations. Have no idea how I am doing since I am still not quest locked yet. The way I look at it is if I fail miserably and fall a few pieces short of completing the set, then I save myself the headache of trying to find space for another giant set. If I do moderately well, then chances are, I will complete the set in an upcoming FA or something. If I do well, then I complete the set and have to play city Tetris. If past events are indicators though, then there will be opportunities to finish the set. I enjoy the mini game and don’t have any attachments to the results if I succeed or fail. Therefore, events bother me less and less. Actually, now that I am entering the grind of later chapters, I feel like this “game” has turned into mostly chat that happens to involve side game elements. It’s like we spend a lot of time at the water cooler and not actually doing anything. But I have learned a lot of stupid and wonderful things from my international teammates.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So seriously, how many times a day do you think that you should have to login and collect tokens around the city so that you would get the full set? That way I can show the math.

Since the chips only spawn about one per hour, and up to six will be on screen at one time, if someone logs in every six hours, they will get the max possible each day. That also means normal people who sleep eight hours each night will never get the max spawns. What matters more again is luck. Are all your spawns worth one chip or do you get lucky and have the ones worth two or three spawn for you?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
ok.. two things.. two things that rly drive me crazy and seem to be happening more and more in the quest lines lately.

1. Stop increasing (or stop using) these damn 'buy kp' quests. I hate this so much. I know theirs a lot of quests objectives that have been removed or added an alternative to.. and this buy kp quests annoys me more then them all!
I know some ppl like it because it seems easy.. but for players that are at the end of the chapters or staying put in a chapter.. (both of which are long term player categories).. this quest becomes increasingly problematic every time it shows up.
The price goes up every time you buy one. While your progressing through the game actively, thats not a problem. But those of us that are staying put, either by choice or because there at the end... Our resource production stays stagnant. Resources are stagnant while cost is ever increasing.
I personally do not buy kp to keep the costs down. The only time i buy them is for a damn quest. And even with me trying to stretch it out as long as i can.. the cost is catching up. Its getting to the point where 'buy kp' is one of the hardest/longest quests to complete. And it will continue to get worse from there.
So that issue jsut gets worse and worse every time.. and the buy kp quests seem to be showing up more often lately; makeing it get worse.. faster.

2. This one ill admit is mostly my own fault for not paying closer attention at each and every quest.
But any chance at making all these 'produce x amount of goods' quests, count all t1, t2, t3???
Its very annoying when when i get a produce goods quest and i collect all my goods and then realize they only want t1 and all my t2 and t3 didnt count. Again.. my fault perhaps.. but jsut letting the quests count all t1, t2, t3 would make things a lot more simple.

#2 is jsut an annoyance to me. But i stand behind #1 !!