• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

BrinDarby

232(s), 237(k), 256(f), 258(h) .. With ~~100c each.
Seems my slacker city went from zero to hero overnight.
The late onslaught of currency users should bounce me
outta Silver in 2 worlds, pretty sure the other 2 will stay.
Just staying focused on 260 , heh heh.

BrinDarby

Whether or not its an Event Task, or a FA Badge ... The balancing
formulas seem to be stupid .....

A coins task ( gee go figure ) 2 cities its 41.8 % of MainHall,
whereas in the other two, its 136.5 % and 112.0 %....
( or ) in last FA , 2 of my cities I had 250+ leftover bracelets.

When you enter a chapter you have none of the researches,
whereas when you're finishing a chapter you have those
completed and its assumed you have things upgraded fully
before entering the next chapter. While you're doing the
chapter, (usually) you gain those researches before all your
bldgs get upgraded.

Because most players will "push" to enter a chapter so that
any prizes/bldgs they gain will be the new chapter, most players
end up in the "boat"..... of having few/none of the researches or
upgrades yet.

Now when the coders formulize a task/badge and they "weight"
it on say..... Chapter, MainHall, SquadSize, Researches, ect ect ect...
The above problem I described occurs. One group of players have
a real hard time because they are early in thier chapter, whereas
the other group has a much easier time, being late in thier chapter.

Just like Spire/Tourn ( where a player is lock'd, stats wise once it
starts ) so too should a FA or Events ....

This is exactly why my Coins Task was 136.5 % of my MainHall.
I'm just beginning a new chapter, and while a have a few researches
done, I have hardly any of the upgrades done yet, plus I wanna
finish the event and know what stuff I earned and plan adding those
into my city as I am doing upgrades. ( stuff does get bigger, ya know )

If things were balanced better, say just by what Chapter a player is in,
then Tasks/Badges wouldn't be stupidly hard for many players, and
stupidly easy for most of the rest.

Maeryn

The tech tree has building upgrades spread throughout each chapter in my experience when you unlock a new chapter that’s when the demand for goods and what not jumps up in festival quests not when you have finished the research.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Despite using the same strategy in both cities, one city is a whopping 80 gems ahead with 52hrs to go. That is some generously wide application of RNG variance! It looks like the formula also accounts for the fact that one city left no room to fit another giant set and therefore, performed significantly better in this event to obtain even more pieces.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
At 233 now, with 48 hrs to go. I wasn't aiming for the set though, as I didn't plan to build it, so focussed on dailys, and almost exclusively chose the bottom +3/+4 rewards. Didn't mind the puzzling, felt I got some good rewards of Mana (2,160K), Seeds (780K) and Unurium (972K), 70 KP, 50 AKP, 300 dwarven chips, 15 Lunar Factories, and some sundries.

defiantoneks

i dont mind testing out new game methods, but this secondary stage really isn't something I enjoy.
while there isn't a single obvious wasted currency situation like in previous games, where you have 28 currency but the last chest options start at 32 (or whatever), you instead get a mass of wasted currency in small bits.
so you dish out 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4… and all you can make is a level 2 hammer, which if course is not good in any of the recipes.
and so on and soforth through the duration of the game. people mention "strategy" but that really doesnt matter since the drops to begin anything are totally random and luck based. so you could "say" you go for the low chests all the time, but STILL end up dropping way too much currency to get whatever recipe comes up unless you luck out and it drops something good. I'd say 70% of my drops were level 1 of whatever cup.

this game structure sucks the fun out of it for me because it means nothing I do really has any effect on whether i get the prizes.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
K well, in three of my cities, I've finished the quests. Only in Khel did I get the full set. In the other two, Sinya and Fel, I am 60 gems short in each. LOVE RANDOM ACTS OF HATEFULNESS from the Gods of all things Random in the gamingverse. However, as events go, I liked it. I just don't like putting in the hours and still falling short. sigh.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yep, more RNG just means more chances to get screwed over. My two Beta cities were 275 and 296, and the only diamonds used was in the city with 296, so I could push it to 300 and an extra building. And those were free diamonds. My Live city is sitting at 250, and with the extra 20s at midnight tonight and midnight tomorrow night, I will likely push that to 254 or 255. So I will be using free diamonds here too, but just to make it to 260 and complete the set, rather than for an extra building. And the Gold League numbers are crazy high, between the players with the insanely good luck and those throwing lots of diamonds at the game.

defiantoneks

how many times in the next day can i reset the recipes and still have NOTHING to use these pieces together for?
not the right pieces, not enough to combine for anything of use. grrrr. what a load.

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 9.53.05 PM.png

PrincessAcorn

The 'A Gateway Into The Past' event runs from August 2nd until August 23rd. It features an interesting new game screen.
Read all about it here! https://tinyurl.com/36ptuf4r
Official Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZ_O5ZawAk&t=5s
Note that the game version that we recorded in this note may not be identical to the version that comes to the live worlds.
Our note can be opened on any PC and does not require Facebook or any other special program to read / copy it.

295243184_10221282140423665_7370477008747552329_n.jpg
It is aug 22 and my game is not letting me continue quests. The little quest box vanished so I can't continue to play until the 23rd!! What is up with that?

PrincessAcorn

It is aug 22 and my game is not letting me continue quests. The little quest box vanished so I can't continue to play until the 23rd!! What is up with that?

Zoof

Congratulations! You've hit the daily quests section of the event, which allows you only one quest a day until the end of the event. Just in time too!

This is normal, and intended to prevent people from completing all the quests at the word "GO" as some are wont to do.

---

EDIT: If the quest box fully disappeared, that may mean you've fully completed all 76 of this event's quests. In that case there is nothing left but to use your remaining time to do whatever it is at the end to fully close out the event, like spend your event currency and collect your prizes. (Or reach the next chapter so the prizes you redeem will be on that chapter, if you're playing that way)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Congrats, you have finished the questline. All done, no more quests. You will get a daily twice more, and have the chips lost by your citizens. Good luck :)

defiantoneks

You will get a daily twice more, and have the chips lost by your citizens. Good luck :)
i didnt think there was a daily on the final day. course, it would be dished out while many in the US are asleep so yeah, lost by citizens if indeed it happens. seems i've been up at Daily award time before and none came.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I received a last daily award on Beta. I take note when this does or does not occur because I  always get asked by my Win AM here. I wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise.

Ariel Greensleeves

I love the new set of buildings. They offer a fantastic blend of goods and units. I just got the last building yesterday. I am an aggressive player but won't use diamonds. I relied on the strategy of always going for highest chance for lucky draws. I do feel like it was too difficult to achieve the whole set. I am at the bottom of silver, which means only 5% of players were able to complete the set. At almost 280 gems, I'm wondering how in heck anyone is supposed to make it to 620 gems, the top limit for the event?