• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

a new wrench in the plan on province expansion

• Thread starter DeletedUser15604
  • Start date

DeletedUser15604

okkk so ive been saving up supplies and goods and keeping my scout busy exploring provinces so i could get a much needed land expansion... when i go into to start cratering...(because im a terrible horrible excuse for a battle winner lol) i find they have added a new twist. orcs as part of the catering cost lol.. where the heck do i get them from lol.. im sure its something simple but time consuming as for par here
much thanks to anyone that helps
Game On
everhad

DeletedUser2768

You need to have at lease one armory leveled up to 20. Then they'll start producing the Orcs you need for those provinces. The recommendation is 2-3 level 20 armories. I've been doing just fine with 2.

DeletedUser8946

You can't acquire them until the Orcs chapter when you can upgrade Armories into Breeding Grounds. As far as Orc production goes, @RosehawkATA is right. Two is enough. If you have three, you've got all the Orcs you'll ever need. I have three Level 23 Armories, and 9 days out of five they're dormant. Without ever running them, I always stay above 40K Orcs, since the Heroes Forge (Level 2) gives 375 a day for free. That's enough to take care of all my needs.

That'll change soon, though. You need Orcs for two things: Catering Provinces and Upgrading Workshops. That's the only time I ever run my Armories: When Workshops need Orcs. Upgrading all four of my non-Magical Workshops to Level 25 should take under 20K orcs, so it's not like I'm in any danger anytime soon. But the point being: For Orcs, three is all you need but two is acceptable.

BUT: The reason I'm writing this whole post instead of just liking Rosehawk's comment (took me long enough to get around to it) There is a caveat. While two is alright for Orcs, four or even more is preferable if you're a fighter. I had four in Orcs chapter, and made the mistake of selling one and later my Dwarven Bulwark. The Level 3 Shrine of Shrooms and 3 Level 23 Armories are not nearly enough for my military needs. I'm trying to find a way to upgrade the military aspect of my city and already have a plan for the Bulwark as soon as I complete the rune wheel.
So while two is alright, it's not preferable for a heavy Expander. If you focus on negotiations (which I HATE doing, it's a huge Goods suck) two doesn't produce a whole lot of Orcs. If you're a heavy fighter, two doesn't give you enough training power. So two is alright if you are a mix of the two and don't go crazy on the Expansions.

DeletedUser15604

okkkk lol i guess i wasnt kidding about the long wait lol.. im just on last column of fairies lolol.. thanks so much for the help.. very much appreciated.. i guess im dead in the water until then

DeletedUser2768

okkkk lol i guess i wasnt kidding about the long wait lol.. im just on last column of fairies lolol.. thanks so much for the help.. very much appreciated.. i guess im dead in the water until then

I was too. Like you, I suck big time at fighting. I negotiate/cater 99.9% of my encounters. The only time I use troops are when I have cannon fodder from events. 2 Armories has worked well for me. When I needed them most I had them on the two shortest cycles to crank out what I needed. Now I have them on the longest cycle and I'm never in need of those ugly little beasties.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
i guess im dead in the water until then
Perhaps not.
Check the technology tree to see how many provinces you have cleared. It will pop-up when you mouse over one of the chests between chapters
If you have cleared fewer than 222, then there are still some provinces that do not require orcs. Those will be the ones closest to your city.

Edit: I just had a look, and you have 12 more expansions than I had in fairies, and it doesn't seem like you are a diamond user, so you may have cleared 222 provinces then, or very close to it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15604

hey soggy ur were right.. there were a couple that were not in the impossible or red color that didnt have the orcs... lol but wasnt enough for an expansion lol.. great pickiing up on that...
and ty for rose for advice on how to operate them once i get to them!
thanks again to everyone that even took the time to reply
Game on
Everhad
ps hopefully one day ill be full of knowledge and able to help others like yall do lol

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Also worth noting the reason you struggle with fights is the distance out you have scouted, its designed for you to lose as a hint to slow down. You will find a very different experience in tournaments, or if you alter your scouting strategy.

If you haven't already down those last ones up to 222 you may want to save them for any events you might wish to try between now and when you get to orcs. Many events become impossible when you reach 222 provinces as they often require the quests of scout, clear encounters, etc.

DeletedUser2768

hey soggy ur were right.. there were a couple that were not in the impossible or red color that didnt have the orcs... lol but wasnt enough for an expansion lol.. great pickiing up on that...
and ty for rose for advice on how to operate them once i get to them!
thanks again to everyone that even took the time to reply
Game on
Everhad
ps hopefully one day ill be full of knowledge and able to help others like yall do lol

You will get there, I promise. If you look under our avatars, there shows a join date. I think I've been here around 2 years now. I joined this forum not long after I started playing.

I learned the most by asking questions when I couldn't find what I was looking for in the search. I tried to accept with grace when the experienced players told me I was being an idiot. Eventually, I started seeing questions I knew the answers to from personal experience and/or remembering what others had answered.

You're doing good so far. :D