• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A question about runes and rune shards

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I was wondering how I can get runes to upgrade my Dragon Abbey. I have a bar of rune shards with 8 shards, and I am in need of two shards to fill it and craft a rune. (I need 2 full runes to upgrade the DA). I thought that crafting two rune shards in the MA would get me those two extra shards, but it didn't. I don't know where they went; I can't seem to access them to craft a full rune. All of my wonders are filled with runes and waiting to be built, so there's no way to use one of those unbuilt ones to add rune shards and then switch and forge it in DA. No one in the fs is close to finishing their DA, or I would add kp. So why didn't I get those two rune shards crafted in the MA? I'd appreciate someone clearing up the confusion. Also, I'm wondering if it's somehow possible to put down a wonder that I don't intend to keep, and then sell it ... would it then give me an empty wonder that I could put rune shards in and switch to DA? I hope that makes sense; I know I'm not explaining it well. I'm just desperate to upgrade that darned thing.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Darielle Yes, building an AW you don't plan to use and then tearing it down will clear the rune wheel. You can then insert runes into it again, which will give you some broken shards when some break. I have used this trick before.

Darielle

@Darielle Yes, building an AW you don't plan to use and then tearing it down will clear the rune wheel. You can then insert runes into it again, which will give you some broken shards when some break. I have used this trick before.
Thanks, Henroo! I'll try that. :)

AtaguS

Ok...I know this sounds trite, but try logging out and then in again to see if your crafted shards show up. I've crafted shards before and they are supposed to be there in the bar.

Darielle

Ok...I know this sounds trite, but try logging out and then in again to see if your crafted shards show up. I've crafted shards before and they are supposed to be there in the bar.
Oh, gosh, I didn't think of that. Okay, I'll try it. Thanks.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
, I'm wondering if it's somehow possible to put down a wonder that I don't intend to keep, and then sell it ... would it then give me an empty wonder that I could put rune shards in and switch to DA?
Go for it, see if you can top my record of build & nuking the thrones 7x so far :D

BTW the strategy I've found best for filling rune wheels as long as I have ~20 runes for it:
  1. Place runes in the first 5 spots. Forget about your full broken shard bar, just save it.
  2. Use your full rune bar to do spot #6
  3. Don't use your broken shard bar again until the last spot unless you run out of runes completely.
If you can line it up with round 6 of the tournament it's even easier.

Darielle

Go for it, see if you can top my record of build & nuking the thrones 7x so far :D

BTW the strategy I've found best for filling rune wheels as long as I have ~20 runes for it:
  1. Place runes in the first 5 spots. Forget about your full broken shard bar, just save it.
  2. Use your full rune bar to do spot #6
  3. Don't use your broken shard bar again until the last spot unless you run out of runes completely.
If you can line it up with round 6 of the tournament it's even easier.

HAHAHA! I don't think I'll break that record, but now that I found out this works, I may try! :)