• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A suggestion for our greater FA pleasure? :P

DeletedUser18658

Hello Elvenar players & Devs <3

While working Fellowship Adventures on multiple cities I found myself wishing there were a drop-down box or a multiple choice box for the FA quests, rather than cycling thru them all to find the one you want. If this has been suggested in the past I apologize for the duplicate.

I know you devs have a ton on your plate already, but if this is something that could be 'whipped up', you would be my new heroes!!!

Have a great night all.

Abbi <3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19914

Even if the devs can't manage a drop-down menu easily, can they at least keep the bloody icons stationary? I'm not sure what governs it, but from time to time the two quest icons switch places. If one has been cycling around to get the same one again, one could accidentally "Reject" the quest one is working on that has 8 out of ten deliveries all done. Don't ask me how I know. :D

truelinor

And this particular FA isn't near as bad as when you have all the items to make! That is when I would really love having a drop-down box -would make my life simpler, that's for sure!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They want us to be a little bit frustrated, so people will buy diamonds. The mobile version already lets you forward through the quests with a single touch, so they could implement it in the web version if they wanted to, but they don't want to.

truelinor

Well, I figured out what is happening - why they trade places when you're clicking through them. The higher the number the quest is it will be on the bottom while the lower number will always be on the top. SO, if you want to keep them from jumping around, all you have to do is set either number 1 on top or number 10, in this case, on the bottom. That way you will always go back to the same position (top or bottom) to click when flipping through the quests. Hope that helps someone.

You can "set" it by accepting it even if you're not going to do that particular one at the time.

One other thing that I do before signing off is I set the task master that I am working on so that when I come back, even if I start clicking without checking, it will count. Plus you don't feel like you're flipping through them quite as much if you don't have to do it first thing. Probably psychological. lol

DeletedUser19914

I discovered that the mobile app allows easier cycling. However, I'm usually on my computer.
Next wish: The quest should not change when you complete it.
(I know, I ask for so much!) :D

Palavyn

This NEEDS to be implemented before the next FA. My hand is still sore from moving the mouse to cycle through tasks. At the very least, the devs should try out the interface so they see how horribly tedious it is.

DeletedUser19458

I think it's been discussed lots that the FA click fests are just terrible. There are many points about them that are negative, from quest cycling to extremely difficult to do any team coordination (zero in-game support to work as a team - which is the point of them).

With the introduction of the challenges feature, we're hopeful this is what they will do with the FAs and be a start to improving them. The concept is great but execution isn't.

DeletedUser21570

I completely agree. Two slots with drop down list options where you could click the one you want would be fabulous!!!!

DeletedUser2870

Having to cycle through the tasks in the FA completely ruins it for me. After the last FA, my wrist was hurting for weeks from having to cycle through the tasks.

Same here. Cycling through these quests requires a ridiculous amount of clicking and is hurting my wrist. Which I mentioned several other times.
Players have suggested several ways to improve on this and something needs to get done

Vergazi

I'm sure Inno wouldn't mind if everyone saves themselves some wrist pain and just buys Diamonds to push through the quests? Lots less clicking then I'm sure.

DeletedUser2870

@Vergazi
Players have been going on about this since the introduction of the FA events.
Players have also made several suggestions on both this forum and the beta forum on how to improve this and solve the problem.

I'm sure Inno would like people to pay more, but an issue that has been recognised by many players over a long course of time should be taken seriously. Not done away with as something trivial like you do.

Our FS has several people who are retired. Some have issues like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Some have other issues. I'm in reasonable good health, no wrist-issues, but yes, my wrist hurts from all the bloody clicking needed, and there really is no need to have to click so often.

Vergazi

@Vergazi
Players have been going on about this since the introduction of the FA events.
Players have also made several suggestions on both this forum and the beta forum on how to improve this and solve the problem.

I'm sure Inno would like people to pay more, but an issue that has been recognised by many players over a long course of time should be taken seriously. Not done away with as something trivial like you do.

Our FS has several people who are retired. Some have issues like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Some have other issues. I'm in reasonable good health, no wrist-issues, but yes, my wrist hurts from all the bloody clicking needed, and there really is no need to have to click so often.
Point implicitly was, i thought, Inno isn't too sympathetic about issues like ppls pain and too much clicking. They probably figure that if ppl spend more they click less. No trivializing at all friend. Sorry if you took it that way.

DeletedUser17757

I am in complete agreement with drop down menus! I was discussing this with my fellowship during the last FA (of course when it gets most frustrating). Here is my question... Do the admins actually read these or is there a better place for us to send suggestions? I am fairly new to forums (not game, just forums) and unsure how responsive the admins are....

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In most cases, to be sure of an idea getting seen, it needs to go through a process on the beta server. Other than that, if any of the forum moderators seen interest in an idea, they can forward them from here. This particular category of request has been asked for enough times that if they aren't aware of it it's because they don't want to be. They keep saying that they are making changes to the quest system, but we have not seen the hoped for changes implemented.

DeletedUser17757

In most cases, to be sure of an idea getting seen, it needs to go through a process on the beta server. Other than that, if any of the forum moderators seen interest in an idea, they can forward them from here. This particular category of request has been asked for enough times that if they aren't aware of it it's because they don't want to be. They keep saying that they are making changes to the quest system, but we have not seen the hoped for changes implemented.
Thank you for the info. It seems like it would be a simple enough implementation. Ah, well, I guess it's just a wait and see.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Thank you for the info. It seems like it would be a simple enough implementation. Ah, well, I guess it's just a wait and see.
I suspect they could do it any time they wanted, based on the three different ways they have of doing it now, but are probably assessing the impact of various tests on diamond sales before making a decision.