• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A way to make Visits quicker

DeletedUser1766

I have recently been looking at forge of empires and I have noticed the quick polish buttons under a person's profile button that lets you visit them without visiting. You can also visit the city but for people who are pressed for time it is a wonderful tool.

I have no idea if it is possible to add this sort of code to Elvenar as it is a different game but with the graphic content of cities growing as they go through the chapters I find that many of my fellowship are struggling to manage visits as often as they would like. If they could do it in seconds in stead of waiting ages for a city to load and maybe risk their game crashing they might be more encouraged to visit.

I would certainly appreciate it as I struggle through my visits every day and it now takes me nearly an hour to visit all my fellowship where it once took minutes. This will only get worse as our cities grow in size.

DeletedUser4778

I made a similar suggestion last year. Don't know if the mods even bothered to read it. Ideally, I would like a list of neighbors similar to the one we have for fellow and make it so that clicking the home icon instead gives help instead of having to enter the city. The help would then go to the recipient's Trader where the recipient can choose to apply it where needed.

Risen Malchiah

The devs said recently they were planning on some changes to the way we do visits, but they were vague and didn't offer details.

But I agree visits take a long time and for some people, the load times are just way too long. I have a decent computer, but I still put the graphics on low to reduce load times.

Your suggestion would also help the server. The less people jump back and forth from city to city, or from a city to the map, the better it will be for everyone. How you determine which building gets polished might require an additional feature allowing players to choose which order things gets polished so a one-click visit would still be of benefit to everyone.

DeletedUser1766

Well at least they know about this. I thought that since it was the same company then the code for doing it would not be that hard to work out but that does not mean that it is easy to insert it into elvenar. The visits are so quick in FOE because I can use the quick button I do not have to waste time trying to find something to click. I have started to dread visits in Elvenar as they take me 30 to 40 minutes to do, if I do not crash, and it takes ages to load the cities. Most of my fellowship are up to chapter 9 or above, I am doing chapter 11 and the graphic content is huge because we all have huge cities. I imagine my old laptop will struggle to load them at all if they keep growing much bigger and yet I must expand to fit everything in. Even so I only have 6 of each of my boosted goods, lots of cultural buildings and aw's. If the visits were a quick button click then I know that at least 4 fellowship members would be able to visit more often. As it is now they manage trades and tournament and then run out of time.

DeletedUser9208

I agree about needing a simpler, faster way to do visits both for FS and neighbors. This seems to be the most unpopular part of the game. I notice a bunch of warnings in the email to most of my FSs and it seems to be the reason most people are booted from FSs.

DeletedUser1766

I agree about needing a simpler, faster way to do visits both for FS and neighbors. This seems to be the most unpopular part of the game. I notice a bunch of warnings in the email to most of my FSs and it seems to be the reason most people are booted from FSs.

Yes I have had one person leave because he was not being visited enough and I have others who are unhappy. The higher level players like visits but can manage without the supply boosts but it really helps the lower levels. I am in the process of having to find replacements because of people not visiting. We have a guild rule that it should be around 4 visits a week and I have non compliant members. The trouble is that it is hard to replace people at this level and I am tolerant if they do everything else. It is only when they do nothing at all and fail to communicate a good reason that I boot people. I have one person in that position and when I find a replacement she will have to go to keep the others happy.

It is the most unpopular part of the game because it takes a huge amount of time. When half your players are in chapter 10 and the other half are in chapters 7 or 8 you all have huge cities and they take ages to load. Sometimes the graphics struggle and the browser crashes but if you are struggling for time then visits are a real problem. I recently changed back to chrome because edge just crashed all the time. I still get some graphics problems but at least I can get through my visits without crashing.

edeba

Teach your fs how to use hotkeys, they do save time, f to bring up the fellowship box and e to bring up the hands for polishing. You can hit the e often before the button for polishing would be available, so it is faster.

Yes I have had one person leave because he was not being visited enough and I have others who are unhappy. The higher level players like visits but can manage without the supply boosts but it really helps the lower levels. I am in the process of having to find replacements because of people not visiting. We have a guild rule that it should be around 4 visits a week and I have non compliant members. The trouble is that it is hard to replace people at this level and I am tolerant if they do everything else. It is only when they do nothing at all and fail to communicate a good reason that I boot people. I have one person in that position and when I find a replacement she will have to go to keep the others happy.

It is the most unpopular part of the game because it takes a huge amount of time. When half your players are in chapter 10 and the other half are in chapters 7 or 8 you all have huge cities and they take ages to load. Sometimes the graphics struggle and the browser crashes but if you are struggling for time then visits are a real problem. I recently changed back to chrome because edge just crashed all the time. I still get some graphics problems but at least I can get through my visits without crashing.

Risen Malchiah

I hate to admit this, but for the first month or so in this game, I would just use the mouse and open the roster, do a visit, go back to my city, then open the roster again. I am so glad I don't do that any more. F, E, F, E, etc. World map visits are W, E, W, E, etc.

edeba

It would be nice if there was a "next" hotkey, so then N would bring you to the next city on your map so you would by pass returning to the world.

Risen Malchiah

That still wouldn't work for me. I only regularly visit the players who actively visit me. The rest I reserve for when I'm low on coins or need extra coins to fill one of the repeatable quests.

Which brings us back to this thread. The option for doing a visit directly from the world map without loading the city would be a great option and make visiting 100+ people not so tedious.

edeba

It would cut reloading the world map and I think cut time considerably. The hot keys have made it easier, but they can do more with a next hot key.

But, I agree completely, being able to polish from the world map would be awesome. A target acceptable time might be 150-200 in five minutes. Five minutes, is 300 seconds, so 2 seconds per polish if we could do 150 in 5 minutes. That would be awesome.

DeletedUser9230

I'd like this, visiting isn't an issue for me as I have a pc that can run todays games on ultra, but people who don't have as strong pcs will love this.

Hopefully it gets implemented.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'd like this, visiting isn't an issue for me as I have a pc that can run todays games on ultra, but people who don't have as strong pcs will love this.
I have a top end gaming rig too, but flash has limits, and is the weakest link in the chain.
I've done visits with my piece of garbage laptop using my cellphone for internet and there's no noticeable difference.
Also even with hotkeys and @Jackluyt's method it's still 3-5 seconds or so per visit, so a reduction to 1-2 seconds like @edeba said would be huge when doing 300+ visits.

Edit: I just did my world visits on Beta as fast as I could- with only one screw up (I opened my own city when I got to it) and it took 15 min. I only have 180 cleared provinces, so add another 5 minutes if you are around chapter 10. Many players have more than 1 city (I have 3) no way in hell am I spending over an hour a day(including FS) doing such a mind numbing task.

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

There are times I appreciate the fact that one of my cities has hardly any active members. That way if I dont get everyone, I'm only missing out on coins and usually that's no big deal.

DeletedUser8436

Oy, I've been trying to figure this out forever. HOW do I use the hotkeys? I hover my mouse over the fellowship shield and hit "F," but I don't what to do after that. What do I have to do, EXACTLY? I know I sound like a real noob, but the last thing I am is tech savvy.

Thank you in advance. I also play Beta, so I suppose I could search their forums, but I honestly like you guys better, hahaha.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
No hovering needed.
From your home city
1. Press "F" (that will open your FS list)
2. click on the Neighborly help button for one of your members (just left of the little green house button)
3.press "E"
4. click on a building to buff it (culture, builders hut, MainHall)
5. Go back to 1

----------------------------------------------------
From the world map
1. click on a neighbors city
2. press "E"
3. click on a building to buff it (culture, builders hut, MainHall)
4. press "W"
5. Go back to 1

Also, check out the first video here https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/daily-visits-in-less-than-a-minute.7310/#post-59380