• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Aaaaaand...FA lag is back

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Maybe it would be worth staggering the start times for the different servers? Spread them across three days....

Or just not start it on the same day people are trying to finish the Spire?

Could make sure there's always a two week window, and have Odd-numbered servers run the FA on Monday of week one and Evven numbered servers run it on Monday of week two.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yeah, I did notice some when collecting badges but I'm not sure it's the same as your lag experience. Maybe you could describe your experience a bit more?

Thanks,

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yeah, I did notice some when collecting badges but I'm not sure it's the same as your lag experience. Maybe you could describe your experience a bit more?
My biggest annoyance was effecting combat in the Spire. it would take several seconds after clicking the guards before you could pick fight, then a few more seconds before you could start selecting troops, etc

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Every server is separate, so a problem on one will not cause a problem on the others. If it is in the code, the server will not matter.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The lag I experience is in earning a badge, and then waiting 3-4 seconds for the green checkmark to appear.

DeletedUser22466

I hope someday not far away these programmers can do simple things like if I produce 50 adv tools the event gives me 5 carpenter badges, and not having to pick 10 adv tools, pick badge, pick 10 adv tools again, pick badge again and so on ... Oh, how many I picked? crapp I've picked more than 10!!!...and so on...again

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I hope someday not far away these programmers can do simple things like if I produce 50 adv tools the event gives me 5 carpenter badges, and not having to pick 10 adv tools, pick badge, pick 10 adv tools again, pick badge again and so on ... Oh, how many I picked? crapp I've picked more than 10!!!...and so on...again

We could always go back to the older way and have to cycle through each quest to get back to the one we want.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Unfortunately, when they finally gave us the new badge collection system (and eliminated the mindless quest cycling) they specifically stated they would not be doing this. They justified their position by saying they wanted players actively engaged in the FA's, not just randomly getting badges for whatever routine tasks they might perform in their cities.
Personally, I think that's a weak argument. It does not increase my engagement to have my wrist twitch right at the end of a count of productions and accidentally collect the production right next to it. If I do it on a 24 or 48 hr production, it could annoy me enough to reduce my engagement significantly, lol! But, that's what they said...

ajqtrz

@samidodamage I agree it's a weak argument. And, since players do make mistakes, the level of frustration is higher than need be. I'm not sure how much engagement should be necessary to collect all the badges, but with the mistakes and the slowness of collecting when you have 100+ workshops does lead to FA fatigue in some players. More, perhaps, to the point, if they wanted us to be "engaged" why did they make the setting of all the workshops easier (and one presumes less engaging) by adding the "set all" check box? They do seem to be of two minds.

@SoggyShorts More like a "creature feature," as in the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Not something you'd like in your backyard.

AJ

Kaliona

I HATE this lag. Seems it affects all the worlds. INNO, are you going to comment on what is up with the lags occurring in ALL worlds? About three+ weeks now of painful slowness and having to reload browers just to get collections of goods to register properly.

ajqtrz

I did notice that the update to the count of what you've collected occurs after the floating notification begins to fade. If you click on the FA badge icon (left side of the screen) and look at the count between the time you click to collect and the notification ("floater") begins to fade, the count isn't accurate. This does cause you to get the wrong information and sometimes you may collect the next item and overshoot the total needed for the badge...and waste the collection in the process. It happened to me several times before I leaned to slow down and and wait for the floater(s) to fade.

It may be that there is a point in the program where the totals are updated and the code to make the floater fade away has been placed before that and thus, the floaters are causing the lag. That's a theory anyway. I do know that nothing updates until the floaters begin to fade in any case, not just in the FA.

AJ