• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Abandoned cities

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How long is a city allowed to stay on the map if a player stops playing completely? And does it matter how big the city is? For example, would a small abandoned city be deleted more quickly than a large, well developed city?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The devs are slowly dealing with this with a new system they recently started using. Most small cities are getting deleted, while larger ones are getting archived and removed from the map until the day they may come back and log in again, instead of the current system, where the larger cities sit there forever.

But in general a city will get deleted if the player does not reach, or complete, chapter 3, I can't remember which. and if the player has never spent purchased diamonds in that city or it will never be deleted. It would have to be one of the ones archived.

And the old deletion time for the small, no-diamond cities was a month since last login, but that may be getting sped up with the new system.

I haven't played one of my cities in two year and it is still there. I actually had some fun using the roads to spell out fun stuff.
"Gone Fishing". "No one home". "Go away". "What?" and "For Sale" I would have thought it would have been deleted. but it still is there.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I haven't played one of my cities in two year and it is still there. I actually had some fun using the roads to spell out fun stuff.
"Gone Fishing". "No one home". "Go away". "What?" and "For Sale" I would have thought it would have been deleted. but it still is there.
Yes, but was your city under chapter 3? Or did you ever spend diamonds on it? According to the previous post, those are the circumstances required for the game to delete your city. If you exceed chapter 3 or if you spend diamonds on it, your city is eternal. Assuming Enevhar was correct. And since he has been correct on every other single question he has answered me on, I am taking him at his word!

NightshadeCS

The new system, if it is still operating as advertised, should move inactive cities out to the edge of the map, or out into a no-man's land. Deletion is much more strict, as explained well above.

Deleted User - 1178646

The new system, if it is still operating as advertised, should move inactive cities out to the edge of the map, or out into a no-man's land. Deletion is much more strict, as explained well above.

Correct the time when this happens is between 3 and 60 days, depending on the situation.

According to the CM from beta it works as follows:

Chapter 1 AND Non Premium User : 3 days
Chapter 2 AND Non Premium User : 14 days
Chapter 3 AND Non Premium User : 30 days
Chapter 4+ OR Premium User : 60 days
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-99.14579/post-83747