• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

abbreviations, acronyms

Aritra

Is there a resource that lists all of the common use abbreviations or acronyms?
Many of these threads reference things like FA and AW (just a couple examples, there are more).
As a newbie, I have no idea what that means. I tried looking in ElvenarWiki but didn't find info like that.

Aritra

Follow-up question:
Why do some players have combinations of those abbreviations in their city name (as opposed to just a name)?

Kekune

Some people use initials (MH, B, C) to indicate which type of help they'd prefer to get from neighbors.

ETA: you beat me to it. :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I've always wondered, though, why MH in the city name rather than just M? MCB works just as well as MHCB since the context is obvious and therefore M is just as good as MH. In addition why 3 letters instead of 2? MC implies the B is last. CB implies the M is last. So save space and just use the minimum of 2 letters. On another note, this thread is fantastic. Thanks very much for the hard work you did in compiling so much information. I especially liked the discussions. Clear and helpful.

AJ

NightshadeCS

@ajqtrz , you have landed squarely on a conclusion I came to a long time ago. Consequently, I have had "BC" in my city name for years now. I figure if all the Bs and Cs are aided, people will hit the Main Hall rather than just leaving, saying, "Well, she didn't say to aid Main Hall." ;) ;)

Agvar

I just named my city Agvar's Cultural City to preserve some semblance of a fantasy element, but hopefully giving enough of a clue as to what I liked in the way of help.

NightshadeCS

I just named my city Agvar's Cultural City to preserve some semblance of a fantasy element, but hopefully giving enough of a clue as to what I liked in the way of help.
Very creative! However, as I was speeding though visits, if I didn't see a big capital letter telling me what to aid, I might miss the name and just aid whatever came to my fancy.