• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Implemented Ability to move buildings.

DeletedUser

Can there be a tab to allow the moving of buildings? Not just when a building is upgraded and needs to be moved because of space? Thanks!

DeletedUser14

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but:

screenshot_35.jpg

Left Button (Dollar sign) will gives you an option to sell the buildings.
Right button (4 arrows in different directions) allows you to move building around.
You can not rotate buildings, but move them.
If you do not have a free space in your city, you will not be able to move-substitute one building with another.

DeletedUser

Perhaps he means a place to store buildings for later use instead of having to delete them? A warehouse of sorts.

Might be abused somehow though. Could add a lot of strategy however.

DeletedUser64

we would need 1 dummy space, which would serve as help during moving, that would allow replacing too
it would be a space in other color which would allow temporary placement of a building

it could hold buildings or it could reset the whole thing after closed
move A building to temporary space- move B building to the open space
Move A building back

if it could hold buildings for a time, it would be great for culture buildings holding for a while, then when needed place it backward
selling is bad option especially for streets
and simply impossible to move buildings around without selling streets
the 1x2 size buildings allow more options but still too bad

DeletedUser3866

When you select the move option an extra expansion or two shows in a distinct color that allows a player to move a building into to allow space for a player to rearrange city without having to sell anything. But you can not store anything there, When you are done with moving buildings the extra spaces must be empty or you would lose buildings when you select "DONE". No abuse and really not that much of an advantage.

DeletedUser1174

When you select the move option an extra expansion or two shows in a distinct color that allows a player to move a building into to allow space for a player to rearrange city without having to sell anything. But you can not store anything there, When you are done with moving buildings the extra spaces must be empty or you would lose buildings when you select "DONE". No abuse and really not that much of an advantage.
yea i agree with you its a great idea. then you don't end up having to delete buildings when all you want to do is rearrange your city around and even things out or with the new guest race needing you to have your cultural buildings along a road to produce Mana it would be a good introduction too

Buttrflwr

Every other builder game I have played has had some sort of a "design" option that enabled you to move your buildings around while in that option. If you don't place them the way they are "supposed" to be placed upon coming out of that option, it will either put them all back where they were, or give you a pop up saying your configuration isn't correct, or something to that effect. This is the first builder game I have played where you couldn't move bldgs around in order to rearrange your city, even if you don't have 'free' space to temporarily put bldgs in.

DeletedUser2963

Yeah, I know, everyone is sick to death of the fact that I really like this game. But here I go again anyway.....

This is the first builder game I have played where you couldn't move bldgs around in order to rearrange your city, even if you don't have 'free' space to temporarily put bldgs in.

I have also never played a game that didn't have a warehouse of some sort. The care and advanced planning required to build a city without one is, in my opinion, one of the best features of this game.

Buttrflwr

Yeah, I know, everyone is sick to death of the fact that I really like this game. But here I go again anyway.....

I have also never played a game that didn't have a warehouse of some sort. The care and advanced planning required to build a city without one is, in my opinion, one of the best features of this game.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine, however, respectfully differs from yours. :) I am not asking for storage or a warehouse, simply a "spot" to very temporarily place bldgs while I rearrange. :)

I too really like this game, or I wouldn't waste my time here. :) Have a great day.

DeletedUser4744

Because I don't know how big the buildings will be in future worlds, I can't plan the spacing accordingly. I would LOVE a temporary holding spot for the times I am rearranging my city. It would be designed so that a person could not leave anything there permanently -- just long enough to move around buildings.

DeletedUser4861

what was decided here? Looks like it was decided you either sell something or tough stuff?

DeletedUser7145

And the seasonal culture buildings? It'd be nice if we could put the, say, Halloween ones away while it isn't Halloween and bring them out the next year.

But mostly I'd be happy with the previous ideas, a temporary free area so we can rearrange without having to sell buildings.

DeletedUser6335

I wholeheartedly agree...I think the seasonal stuff should be able to be "put up" and "taken down and stored" much like Holiday decorations!

And yes, it would be nice if the buildings "ghosted" or something in arranging mode. I know I can plan ahead by going to sites (like Even Architecture), but I want to be in the game playing the game...not searching other sites (I'm silly like that).

DeletedUser6862

I would be happy if you could at least do a swap, a 4x4 building to another 4x4 or same sizes do a drop and your holding other building.

jerintus

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but:

screenshot_35.jpg

Left Button (Dollar sign) will gives you an option to sell the buildings.
Right button (4 arrows in different directions) allows you to move building around.
You can not rotate buildings, but move them.
If you do not have a free space in your city, you will not be able to move-substitute one building with another.
being able to rotate a building can solve a lot of issues

DeletedUser4861

whats the big deal with putting out notices out in game the forum?Its a waste of time. Yes we can suggest changes but as we see they are not acted upon. What dev may not realize that it would be fun to change the look of your city from time to time and its annoying that we have to get rid of buildings permanently in order to make space. If you have no more space available whats one to do? Pfftt. I will finish Halflings as I have already invested way too much time and cash in a game where the devs think its a bad bad idea to do anything suggested by the people who pay their salary.Then Im done..

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
whats the big deal with putting out notices out in game the forum?Its a waste of time. Yes we can suggest changes but as we see they are not acted upon. What dev may not realize that it would be fun to change the look of your city from time to time and its annoying that we have to get rid of buildings permanently in order to make space. If you have no more space available whats one to do? Pfftt. I will finish Halflings as I have already invested way too much time and cash in a game where the devs think its a bad bad idea to do anything suggested by the people who pay their salary.Then Im done..
Elvenar is a business. The game is designed to encourage players to spend money. Creating pressure to replace buildings is part of that encouragement. Asking a game programmer to change their game so that you can pay them less is optimistic.

DeletedUser4861

I don't need to be told that. I very well aware of that. Whats wrong with a LITTLE give? They will find more people willing to spend money. You also don't want to bite off your nose to spite your face as well.