• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Accept a member who posts Zero-star trade offers

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I still don't understand this necessity of having someone hold goods for you, or sticking them in bad trades to "bank" them.
There is a much easier system. You know you will need 100,000 planks for research? Then, DON'T USE ANY PLANKS.
You already have unlimited storage that is available to you 24/7. So you don't need to wait on some quartermaster to be online so you can trade for your goods back. And you don't need to fill up the trader with bad trades that will either annoy your neighbors or cost them in a mis-click.

I must be missing something here. Because to me this sounds like I have two steaks in my freezer. I'm inviting my brother to dinner on Thursday so I take those steaks and a couple of potatoes and ask my neighbor to hold them for me so I don't eat them by mistake.
So what is it I don't understand?

I'm not sure from where "needs" come. I don't need a cup of coffee in the morning but I have one. In a game such as this styles of play vary and thus, if a person "needs" to store things away, then that's their need, even if it's not mine.

In any case, sometimes having in in your pocket is a temptation and sometimes you just forget what you were going to spend it on. On the other hand, if it's safely "tucked away" and then you get to the place where you remember you needed it, you will then also remember you "tucked it away." It's a bit like people who put their buildings out with a bit of extra room around them anticipating they are going to upgrade them and the space will be needed. They reserve the space ahead of time.

And as for the steak? If they are in your freezer already it may be that you've already tucked them away, otherwise they'd be in your refrigerator I would bet.

AJ

hvariidh gwendrot

i can't even imagine recruiting people and telling them we have a "like" a quartermaster who will hold their extra goods and resources, so when they "need or want" them back, or (whatever descriptive you use) .. that sure they will be sent right over .. i prefer a more robust self awareness in membership but thanks for the great idea though lol :cool: and the 0 star trade is a helping trade pre arranged with a player(s) is how we use them and ignore the rest .. any more posts by me are just variations on that theme or witty comebacks

Crow Last Elf

I appreciate @ajqtrz's creativity for finding a solution that satisfies both the objective to not have zero star trades in the trader and to assist a player who has a need to store goods outside of inventory. All it costs is AJ's time and attention, which is his choice.

I have met players who are playing to the best of their ability and need accommodation for something. They were great players too.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I do my best not to accidentally click on zero star trades! I also kick out players in my Fellowship who post zero or 1 star trades after being reminded not to. In the meantime if a newer FS member needs something I have them post 1 for 8 trades when I am there to pick them up immediately. I did used to tell all FS members to post 1 for 8 trades for my boosted goods but since I try to pick up all FS trades I realized my own goods were being traded back to me so I stopped. I guess I would be a “hoarder” but that’s none of anybody’s business since it is my goal to help FS members and neighbors I’ve had for years.

I skimmed this thread and just saw more of the same rationale as always so zzz, zzz, zzz

defiantoneks

I see the usefulness of zero star trades, if used within a FS. Say you have a new player and want to help your teammate get goods to expand. This helps them and the FS. The problem would be solved if we had more filtering ability within the trader. Or ability to have a setting to hide those trades, or specific players permanently (ie, the ones posting 1:8 sentient trades). That way whatever your opinion on it is, you can configure the game to meet your expectation and so can the next player.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Pookatan
My question for the OP is why don’t you start a zero or 1 star traders Fellowship? Why do you think others have to change their Fellowship to accept you or those players like you? Nothing is stopping you from creating a Fellowship of like minded players. Isn’t it kind of hypocritical not to? Think about how that would work and the answer to your question will probably be self evident.

CrusaderMichael

hahahaha.

People getting angry over zero star trades.

telling him to make his own fellowship.

calling him a hypocrite.

blackballing zero star traders.

this thread really says a LOT about SO many of you hahahahaha.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Gee. When I didn’t want to do additional requirements in the FS I was in I left and have my own FS now. I can do all 3 levels of the Spire but I do not want to do it on a regular basis. I really don’t like the Spire. Most high level FS require 3 levels now. Not a chance I would try to join & change any existing FS. I’m only suggesting he do what I have already done since he is not welcome in other FS.

GlamDoll

Not a chance I would try to join & change any existing FS.
I get where you are coming from. If we ever have an open spot, I do hope you would fill it. My FS must be one of a kind. I do a fraction of what I used to and I have not heard a single complaint. Heck, I even got promoted. Without being in this FS, I suspect I would be doing the same. :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It is strange or humorous to see how some people treat other people's actions here, when often problem isn't those actions at all. In other words, it isn't the one posting the zero star trade who is clicking so fast they "mis-click." The easiest remedy to that scenario is to slow down a bit as you approach the long list of auto-clicking you are doing. After all, zero-star trades are listed last and it doesn't take that much to watch what you are doing, does it? And the level of punishment for posting a zero star trade is, in my opinion, way overboard. Especially since the only harm done is the occasional mis-click and, perhaps, a long list of zero star trades at the bottom of the one star, two star, and three star above them. But it seems some would rather punish other players by the three above mentioned techniques than admit that they are the ones who made the mistake. It might be like the guy who, upon blowing through a stop sigh and t-boning another car claiming that there shouldn't be a stop sign there and thus it's all the city's mistake! Though, of course, that's a lot more serious.

AJ

Last edited by a moderator:

shimmerfly

1618842018052.png

CrusaderMichael

t is strange or humorous to see how some people treat other people's actions here, when often problem isn't those actions at all. In other words, it isn't the one posting the zero star trade who is clicking so fast they "mis-click." The easiest remedy to that scenario is to slow down a bit as you approach the long list of auto-clicking you are doing. After all, zero-star trades are listed last and it doesn't take that much to watch what you are doing, does it? And the level of punishment for posting a zero star trade is, in my opinion, way overboard. Especially since the only harm done is the occasional mis-click and, perhaps, a long list of zero star trades at the bottom of the one star, two star, and three star above them. But it seems some would rather punish other players by the three above mentioned techniques than admit that they are the ones who made the mistake. It might be like the guy who, upon blowing through a stop sigh and t-boning another car claiming that there shouldn't be a stop sign there and thus it's all the city's mistake! Though, of course, that's a lot more serious.

AJ
[/QUOTE]

I find amusing because everyone I've seen in FS's doing zero star trades, it was the giant people who got the tiny players to do the zero stars because the giant players were THE EXACT OPPOSITE of selfish. Which naturally leads back to the word "hypocrite" these people somehow pulled out of their hats.

I'm not attacking anyone but seriously... some people need to look in the mirror before they apply their condescending disdain for the actions of others... because the words they use so often ONLY apply to their side of the fence.

Last edited by a moderator:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks. This is a blanket warning for all of you, I don't generally hand out points but if you cannot stop with the personal attacks and being rude to each other I will start.

I will be deleting any personal insults from this thread, feel free to whine about how unfair it is of me, but first read the rules of the forum.