• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Accurate squad information

qaccy

I'd really like for battles that use non-standard squad sizes to display accurate damage and health totals for my units in the encounter overview screen. Tournaments and the Spire make up most of my battles, but the unit information displayed for these encounters is effectively useless since the only info displayed is always what's accurate for my standard squad size. I don't need to know the stats for my squad size of 5352 when I'm fighting with squad sizes of 40k+ in tournaments! If enemies can always have accurate information displayed regardless of the squad size, why can't my units as well?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Right?
Why is that so hard? And if it is too hard to code, why is the formula so complex in the first place?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Can you give me a picture as I'm confused. What is the "encounter overview screen?" Is it the screen that comes up where you pick your troops, or the screen that comes up after the battle that tells you your losses. If it's the former, (the "Army Setup" screen, as it's labeled) do you mean the squad size comparisons aren't accurate, or that the "info displayed" isn't? And where is that info displayed? The only thing I see on the screen where I pick the troops is the squad size, the number of stars, and how many troops I have left. What other info is there at that point?

If it's the end report (which I don't think you are speaking of), then, again, what info? The only info you get there of any consequence is that you won or lost and how many diamonds you need to replace the troops you lost....not very useful in my opinion except to give you a rough idea of what happened. I'd prefer they tell you how many squads you lost, but that's another subject, I think.

So I'm just not clear about what you mean. Sorry.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@ajqtrz On the squad selection screen, whether world map, tournament, or Spire, clicking the "i" for info on your troops only shows the attack and health numbers for your normal squad size, and not for whatever squad size you are actually using in a particular fight.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Thanks, I did know that, but had completely forgotten. So the OP wants that information to be updated to show what, in this encounter, the attack and defense is for the squad? Is that right? Including any boosts he/she might have? That would be a simple matter of multiplying the attack parameter by the boost percent, which they do when they actually battle anyway, and the defense by the boost percent of defense from DA or UUU, and other things. I do wonder if the numbers are as they are because they are drawn from the production buildings rather than recalculated when the info button is pressed. Recalculating them for each encounter when asked is not different than recalculating them for each encounter when the battle occurs, but displaying them (i.e. updating the info page) may add to the server weight of the game. I like the idea of having the updated and more accurate information, but if I had to choose between terrain preview and this, I'd take terrain preview as it seems to have a more direct impact on how I fight.

AJ