• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Achievements

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
There should be an achievement category.... as well as milestone category. Differentiating between the two would be good to me.
Personally, I don't see the difference.
The way I use those words all Achievements are Milestones and isn't reaching a Milestone an Achievement?

You seem to be of the opinion that an Achievement outranks a Milestone and is more important, but my quick google results for
"What is the difference between a Milestone and an Achievement?
returns this:
A milestone represents a (very significant) step along the way; an accomplishment is a triumph in and of itself, even when it is also a milestone on the way to something else… They are sometimes used as synonyms, however a milestone is a great accomplishment. A milestone is more significant than an accomplishment. english.stackexchange.com
This seems to be the opposite of what you are saying...

Regardless, for decades video games have been using the term Achievements in this way and I don't feel the need to change that.

CrusaderMichael

Personally, I don't see the difference.
The way I use those words all Achievements are Milestones and isn't reaching a Milestone an Achievement?

You seem to be of the opinion that an Achievement outranks a Milestone and is more important, but my quick google results for
"What is the difference between a Milestone and an Achievement?
returns this:

This seems to be the opposite of what you are saying...

Regardless, for decades video games have been using the term Achievements in this way and I don't feel the need to change that.

I guess it's the "skill" part i tend to use for achievement. That part of the def. Yeah i know how games do the achievement thing. For me milestone is like an achievement minus the skill etc. Reaching chapter 5 is just playing the game to me, a milestone but not an achievement haha. Though yes, they all are achievements to every game i ever played, high skill or not.

Anyway... your "reward" part of the idea is good. Having things to strive for, with purpose beyond just "i did it", would add to the enjoyment of the game. Make people like me actually want to participate in the achievement lines, for once in a game.

Have fun compiling your achievement list/design

AtaguS

A "pro" for the final suggestion would certainly be increased participation in the quest line.
Now that we have the ability to decline the quests and still collect 200 diamonds once we're in the new chapter...I wonder how many players still plod through them.
For Inno, this pro means an added incentive for players to slow down. We all know they'd like that!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SoggyShorts you should make a poll about this!
Not ready yet mate :)
Plenty of work yet to be done before I'd want it to be sent to the developers. I'm pretty confident now that I could get 20 players to vote for this idea and have it forwarded, but I don't want the devs to open it up and see "Give us achievement quests" and have them think "not bad, maybe someday"
I plan to actually make an entire list of achievements and rewards that they can implement/tweak. I'm currently looking towards 16 simultaneous "questlines" since I know they have the perfect interface for that (the FA badges one) Perhaps a second set. AFAIK the current system only allows for 4 at a time, and we already have the storyline, event/FA, event login, and declinable.
One 16 set could contain the storyline quests so that frees up one slot, and another 16 could replace the declinable ones, but maybe not until chapter 6 when the declinable ones stop scaling by chapter?

Anyways, that's phase 2. We're still in phase 1;)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I too like this. I've always wanted to see some way to tell where a city is at without having to open it and examine it. Something in the world view of the city that says, 100,000 pts (like a colored edge around the city banner). Anything to mark the relative level of the city/player would be helpful.

So yes, in general I like the idea.

AJ