• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

ActionScript - Skype - HA

DeletedUser61

This is unlikely to be an Elvenar sourced error, but it wasn't occurring before the Hardware Acceleration was released, so there MIGHT be an unexpected GPU conflict between Elvenar and Skype.

I occasionally get the following error, apparently when Skype tries to change the displayed ads as a consequence of a new post, WHILE Elvenar is open. It's been happening a couple of times per day. If other folks are seeing something similar, then I'll do some more digging.
SecurityError: Error #2060: Security sandbox violation: ExternalInterface caller https://speed-s.pointroll.com/ViewablePixel.swf cannot access https://static.skypeassets.com/adserver/AdLoader.html?version=1.66.9.
at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/_initJS()
at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/addCallback()
at ViewablePixel()

I'm using Windows 8.1 (still), Chrome, and a Radeon HD 6800 GPU.

DeletedUser18

From the Staff Moderator of Skype, MattDB at Skype Consumer Support:

As some of you have pointed out, the Flash Player popups were being caused by faulty processing of some of our advertisements. We were working to fix the way the adverts are displayed, but that was taking longer than we would have liked. To make sure your Skype experience isn’t impacted any further, we’ve simply disabled the advertisements in Skype for Windows until the issue is resolved.

Once again, thank you for your patience as we worked on this issue, and thank you to our Community users who posted recommended fixes for everyone affected.

Looks like we're not the only people having issues with flash :D At the very least, you can take comfort in knowing that this was Skype, not Elvenar.

Enjoy.