• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Active? Or Not?

Tajj

I'm inviting new people to my new FS but it really is hard to tell who has an active city. If I see a building upgrading I feel like the player is active. My question is this: Just because you see goods/factories/workshops in use, does the "game" just make it look that way or is the person really making goods/supplies? it's getting hard for me to pick active cities anymore because dead cities just sit around forever...How can I know for sure that I have invited active players?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
It can be tough to see if they are active unless you are visiting them everyday for a bit. I like to look for the latest event buildings in their cities and I also will click on players in the trader that are posting smaller trades. If they are posting trades they are playing for sure. As for your question about the animations for the workshops and factories, yes they will look like they are working even if the player is not playing. Good luck in your search for new members. you can post here in the forum in the Fellowships looking for new members section under the world you are playing in (edit : I see you already did this). Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Tajj

It can be tough to see if they are active unless you are visiting them everyday for a bit. I like to look for the latest event buildings in their cities and I also will click on players in the trader that are posting smaller trades. If they are posting trades they are playing for sure. As for your question about the animations for the workshops and factories, yes they will look like they are working even if the player is not playing. good luck in your search for new members. you can post here in the forum in the Fellowships looking for new members section under the world you are playing in (edit : I see you already did this). Hope this helps!
Thanks for that! I have suspected for a while now that the goods/supplies buildings were misleading. Those are some good tips too. Yes, I found the FS forum and I hope I see some new people come my way :) Thanks again!

DeletedUser25004

You can use https://www.elvenstats.com/ its a tool that lets you see details about yourself and other players, such as boosted goods, tournament effort and avtivity. if a player is inactive it shows a little triangular exclamationmark next to the player portrait.
1583838031680.png

like this.

hope there is no violation of rights here, it is afterall an inactive player and not name with any RL clues

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I'm inviting new people to my new FS but it really is hard to tell who has an active city. If I see a building upgrading I feel like the player is active.

The trouble with this is that the game only upgrades a building when a person logs in. So if they start an upgrade and quit they will be "building" that building forever. You would need to monitor if the upgrading building changes, which can be painful.

Using elvenstats is a good option but the website doesn't track certain cities, read FAQ there, so some people you just can't find. Another place in-game to look is the tournament. Of course if they aren't in a fellowship or don't play it won't help you, but it is one way to at least see activity in the past week if they do participate.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
They would have to already be in a FS to play tournaments though. I guess they might be in a one person FS that they created just to do tourneys though.
Another thing you can do is if you see a player in a small FS like with 4 or 5 members you could contact the AM and see if they might want to merge with yours.

Last edited:

Alpha Lyrae

Has anyone put forward a suggestion to Inno to add Last Login to a player's information? There are several places this would be useful (for recruiting / FS management):
  • Fellowship Members list - Inno could add a column for Last Login. This would be great for managing a fellowship.
  • Player Rankings - Again, a column could be added here too
  • City View - Once inside a player's city, the Last Login could be shown under the player name or city name

Tajj

You can use https://www.elvenstats.com/ its a tool that lets you see details about yourself and other players, such as boosted goods, tournament effort and avtivity. if a player is inactive it shows a little triangular exclamationmark next to the player portrait. View attachment 7264
like this.

hope there is no violation of rights here, it is afterall an inactive player and not name with any RL clues
That's great info! Thanks so much!

Tajj

The trouble with this is that the game only upgrades a building when a person logs in. So if they start an upgrade and quit they will be "building" that building forever. You would need to monitor if the upgrading building changes, which can be painful.

Using elvenstats is a good option but the website doesn't track certain cities, read FAQ there, so some people you just can't find. Another place in-game to look is the tournament. Of course if they aren't in a fellowship or don't play it won't help you, but it is one way to at least see activity in the past week if they do participate.

Tajj

They would have to already be in a FS to play tournaments though. I guess they might be in a one person FS that they created just to do tourneys though.
Another thing you can do is if you see a player in a small FS like with 4 or 5 members you could contact the AM and see if they might want to merge with yours.
That's a good idea. I may do better by trying to merge if it's a new player that doesn't want to be a loner. Some new players get themselves caught up in a FS that doesn't really grow into the game, slack. Thanks!

Tajj

Has anyone put forward a suggestion to Inno to add Last Login to a player's information? There are several places this would be useful (for recruiting / FS management):
  • Fellowship Members list - Inno could add a column for Last Login. This would be great for managing a fellowship.
  • City View - Once inside a player's city, the Last Login could be shown under the player name or city name
I love this idea! There are so many dead cities it seems crucial to have this info available to active players trying to round up new players.

Tajj

You can use https://www.elvenstats.com/ its a tool that lets you see details about yourself and other players, such as boosted goods, tournament effort and avtivity. if a player is inactive it shows a little triangular exclamationmark next to the player portrait. View attachment 7264
like this.

I found this info and it's so helpful! Thanks for posting!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I was just wondering, how does "merge" work? Does the mage simply ask the players to all move to the other fs, and then disband the group and hope they all request entry into the other one? Or is there something the AM can do to move the whole group into the other one? Or does the AM of the bigger group (who I assume will stay the AM) send invites to all the players once the smaller group is disbanded? I've often been curious how that works.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
GREAT idea!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There is no way to merge automatically. Each player has to join. If the AM disbands, then is made a mage in the new group, they could send invitations to the old players to ease the process.

I hope a lot of this will be rendered redundant by the new method of removing active cities that is supposedly getting close.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

I would have to hunt down the specific quote, but I have seen a reply from a mod when asked about something like this and they replied that the devs will never do it for privacy reasons.

Alpha Lyrae

I would have to hunt down the specific quote, but I have seen a reply from a mod when asked about something like this and they replied that the devs will never do it for privacy reasons.

Yeah, I did a quick search before posting my comment and couldn't find anything, but that's not to say the issue has never been discussed.

I wonder how it's a privacy issue. I've seen this in other games.