• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Active? Or Not?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There is no way to merge automatically. Each player has to join. If the AM disbands, then is made a mage in the new group, they could send invitations to the old players to ease the process.

I hope a lot of this will be rendered redundant by the new method of removing active cities that is supposedly getting close.
Thanks for letting me know.

Tajj

I don't recall if the devs said anything, but it almost caused a nuclear war between Soggy and me one upon a time
Just between you and me (haha) what exactly was the debate? Simply that they will or won't? Anyway, they should. It's a publicly played game, GAME being the key word. With so many players just quitting with no way to delete their progress it leaves a trail of destruction in the map area, not to mention the problem of finding active players to invite/recruit. I vote YES, show us. But that's just between you and me LOL!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, I did a quick search before posting my comment and couldn't find anything, but that's not to say the issue has never been discussed.

I wonder how it's a privacy issue. I've seen this in other games.

And @Ashrem I searched for what I remembered too, but I suck at searching forums for anything. I even tried to search the Beta forums too, since I sometimes read them for information. There are no other games or forums that I frequent where this would also be an issue, so I can only assume we just can't do the right search to find it or the comment has been deleted by the mod who posted it.

Darielle

I would have to hunt down the specific quote, but I have seen a reply from a mod when asked about something like this and they replied that the devs will never do it for privacy reasons.

If Elvenar can't list the active players' last login for privacy reasons, they should at least be able to list the last login for inactive players, like elvenstats does. Elvenstats has no issues with privacy, I assume, and that would certainly be helpful to the players. I'd be happy just knowing the ones who hadn't come on in the past month without having to trudge to elvenstats.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
they should at least be able to list the last login for inactive players, like elvenstats does. Elvenstats has no issues with privacy
  1. Elvenstats does not, and has never, listed last login. They list the last time they found a change in the player's score. A player could log in every day and play about, but as long as their score doesn't change (and they don't do any tournament), elvenstats marks them inactive.
  2. Elvenstats is not a European company operating under the Data Protection Act.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Just between you and me (haha) what exactly was the debate? Simply that they will or won't? Anyway, they should. It's a publicly played game, GAME being the key word. With so many players just quitting with no way to delete their progress it leaves a trail of destruction in the map area, not to mention the problem of finding active players to invite/recruit. I vote YES, show us. But that's just between you and me LOL!

Germany has fairly tight privacy laws they must comply with, I would not be surprised if this can't be done for that reason. However with changes mentioned in beta it may become less relevant in the future. Will have to see how they changes actually work once they come live.

Darielle

1. Elvenstats does not, and has never, listed last login. They list the last time they found a change in the player's score. A player could log in every day and play about, but as long as their score doesn't change (and they don't do any tournament), elvenstats marks them inactive.
  2. Elvenstats is not a European company operating under the Data Protection Act.
Ah yes, that's true. I misspoke. Thank you for correcting me. And glad you mentioned the DPA. Germany is very strict,, that's true, and I'd forgotten they were in Germany.

Alpha Lyrae

What's interesting is here on the forum, I can see when and where a person was Last Seen, if they haven't opted out. So, I wonder how the DPA works. If players are given an option to opt out, would that be enough to stay within the rules of the law?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What's interesting is here on the forum, I can see when and where a person was Last Seen, if they haven't opted out. So, I wonder how the DPA works. If players are given an option to opt out, would that be enough to stay within the rules of the law?
Coming to the forums or not doesn't provide the same information, because you can play for years and never visit the forums. That said, I think an opt out would probably be perfectly fine. An opt-in would be eve better.

Yogi Dave

This is a bit off topic, but the topic has drifted a bit. It's often better to recruit players that are not close by. Since they share the same neighbors as you it reduces the number of trading partners the FS can reach. That being said, I've invited a few neighbors into my FS due to some action on their part that attracted me to their city. It has usually worked out well. But I've seen some FSs with half their members from the same neighborhood and I think that begins to become restrictive in keeping goods balanced in an FS.

Tajj

This is a bit off topic, but the topic has drifted a bit. It's often better to recruit players that are not close by. Since they share the same neighbors as you it reduces the number of trading partners the FS can reach. That being said, I've invited a few neighbors into my FS due to some action on their part that attracted me to their city. It has usually worked out well. But I've seen some FSs with half their members from the same neighborhood and I think that begins to become restrictive in keeping goods balanced in an FS.
This is what I have done before: Click on my rate# below my profile avatar. Once in the grid of players that have my score average, I start shopping for players that don't have a FS. They are scattered out pretty good. This is where I can't tell anymore if they are active though :( So I had been looking for upgrading buildings and signs of life but I have found out here in this forum that those signs can be deceiving. I am just waiting, empty FS and all LOL! I could help out new players with trades and was all excited about that because it always meant so much to see my trades picked up in the beginning by teammates :) I simply love the game and getting a crew together is hard to reach out to. Maybe before long ... waiting...

NightshadeCS

@Tajj, I highly suggest going to Elvenstats.com. You can get better information there on whether or not a player is active.

For recruiting, make sure you have a message up in the Forum thread, Fellowships Seeking Players. Also, watch the Players Seeking Fellowships thread and invite players who post there.

When you send invitations, also send them a message. Let them know why they interested you and what your fellowship is all about. You can copy and past the second part of that.

I you have a lot of spots open, you may want to find a fellowship that also lacks a full roster, or who may have a lot of inactive players, and merge with them. That is sometimes a bit hard to find, but can quickly gain you a lot of active players.

Best of luck!
NS

Tajj

@Tajj, I highly suggest going to Elvenstats.com. You can get better information there on whether or not a player is active.

For recruiting, make sure you have a message up in the Forum thread, Fellowships Seeking Players. Also, watch the Players Seeking Fellowships thread and invite players who post there.

When you send invitations, also send them a message. Let them know why they interested you and what your fellowship is all about. You can copy and past the second part of that.

I you have a lot of spots open, you may want to find a fellowship that also lacks a full roster, or who may have a lot of inactive players, and merge with them. That is sometimes a bit hard to find, but can quickly gain you a lot of active players.

Best of luck!
NS
Thanks for all of those tips :) I have never had a message-feedback from anyone I have sent out invitations to. I wonder if different platforms can't receive messages? I will start watching the forums for new players seeking a FS, this sounds like a good idea. :)

NightshadeCS

Browser and mobile now both receive messages, so they should be receiving what you are sending. Some may be inactive, some may not wish to respond. It seems strange to me but happens more often than you would think. I just know that a personal message increases the chances of having someone join versus simply sending them the generic "invite." :)