• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

ACTUAL Start Time of Tomorrow's FA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Seriously dude? Get a life.
I called it as I see it. If someone wants to whine in public, it's worth making the effort to disguise the whining so it isn't so obvious.

How is it Inno's fault that you are in two different groups that give conflicting information? They announced it when they they announced it, anything before they announced it was rumours. Whining to the forum moderators about the rumours you are hearing is sad.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Try spellcheck. In a sentence and a half, two misspells. LOL. But, yeah, I find it interesting that I fill my life up with comment replies to all that have written in the forum, just to post my own know-it-all comments. Dayum, I'm worse than anything.
There, ftfy. Your forum name is appropriate as is your signature.
Name calling, nit-picking, still no response from you with any substance. Take your own advice:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Pretending that being called out for blaming the devs over your guilds' rumours rises to a small fraction of the toxicity in the GoTA forums implies either you never visited them or you're just willing to write anything to silence people who disagree with you. The latter is hardly a new strategy, most of us are used to people trying to silence us for disagreeing.

Dwelling on typos in a game forum is just further, classic, evidence of attacking people instead of their ideas. There was no meaning lost in Shimmer's post. It was clear, concise, and relevant. Hundreds of groups survived the FA without implying the developers are incompetent because you didn't feel there was sufficient advertising of the start
time.

I'll offer the question again: How is it Inno's fault that you are in two different groups that give conflicting rumours?

Why does wanting more notice than the devs decided to give make them incompetent? Lots of groups finished with plenty of time to spare, and lots of others enjoyed the event even if they didn't compete it.

shimmerfly

@spambrando
You can make fun of people all of the time or part of the time if that makes you feel good. I don't use spellcheck on purpose and that's all I will share with you.
I find you cruel and was surprised to find out your a female. Best of luck in life to you.
You appear young so I'll "give" you that one. You've a long way to go...

DeletedUser26654

I asked a simple question. There were multiple answers given. All you two geniuses did was trash ME so go bother someone else.

shimmerfly

I'll bet you're a real blast at parties... lol
God, you're a dull boy.
Try spellcheck. In a sentence and a half, two misspells. LOL. But, yeah, I find it interesting that people are filling their lives up with comment replies to all that have written in the forum, just to post their own know-it-all comments. Dayum, this forum is worse than anything GoTA had.
LOL, no lifers.
I asked a simple question. There were multiple answers given. All you two geniuses did was trash ME so go bother someone else
I trashed you?

Deleted User - 1178646

What I never understood in this game is why times are universal across the world.

Why isn't there a "american" time and a "european time" where things start in this game.
Off course at it's introduction you want a team on standbye and you get whacky times, but things like the spire and tournament that already start at HQ off hours (aka tuesday 19:00 and sunday 16:00 CEST (central european aka western europ time)

I do not understand why things do not start at the for example CST, to me this makes more sense than to start in the middle of the night at your biggest market.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I would suggest that if you think it would be better to have "no warning" you might like to suggest that as a separate thread since here we are voting on more precise warning, not "no warning." Just a thought.
Come on, not an official start day - OR time listed in your "news". So: DOES it start tomorrow, the 21st or is that just wishful thinking by the FS leaders?
AND, what is the U.S. start time. I'm in one FS that says 5 AM ET, which is freaking ridiculous or another who says it's 1 PM start time, which makes more sense. Come on Inno, give some CLEAR info when announcing something.
I asked a simple question. There were multiple answers given. All you two geniuses did was trash ME so go bother someone else.
At issue was not whether or not you asked simple questions, but whether they construed a feature suggestion or a whine. I was making my case for the latter to AJ, based on the phrasing "Come on," and "freaking ridiculous" and the complaints mostly being about what rumours your different guilds were sharing. It's only when you started pretending that you were a cool-bro, too good for the rest of us, who could slyly insult other people with impunity, that the conversation turned. But don't worry, we're all quaking in our boots wondering about what you'll call us next to show us how inferior we are.

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
Hey folks, while I'm actually really happy to see a passionate discussion about this (and I am taking notes) on this, I must ask you to please not let this degrade into trolling/petty arguments as it does nothing but harm the message from both sides.

I do agree that I could have posted the news a bit earlier, unfortunately, I was delayed, so the blame for that falls at my feet, so to anyone that was affected by it, I am sorry and I'll do my best to get the times out sooner (as I get them).

Regarding US vs EU times and why it's so bad for the US server: the reason is actually rather simple - there is usually a need for one (or more) of the developers to be online to get the events/FAs going properly.
If we look at what 'Prime Time' is in the States, that would be 8pm to 11pm Eastern and Pacific or 7pm to 10pm Central and Mountain. (My assumption is that one of these time blocks is what most people would want to see the FAs launch in).

However, converted to CEST those times are:
The EDT Prime time is 2am to 5am,
PDT would be 5am to 8am
MDT would be 3am to 6am,
CT would be 2am to 5am

Essentially those are somewhat awkward times for someone living in Central Europe.
That said I again do agree with the sentiment of 'you've got US servers, so why don't you have US times' however solving that in a way that is ok for everyone is rather hard as there is only so much that we can (and I'm sure even legally) ask of our developers.

I'm sure that some of you would argue that the deployment could be automated, and I'm sure it could be, however, we've all seen what happened with tournament rewards in the past - those were automated and went out at around 2am CEST, but when there were issues, everyone had to wait until the next day to get them fixed. If that were to happy to the FAs then the mess that we'd have to solve would be far worse.

So - as I said, yes ideally we do need a better solution for US, however, there isn't really an easy one.
If anyone has any ideas, they're free to write it here (however, chances are that we've either tried it or we know it to be unfeasible - but there is no harm in a suggestion!)

Deleted User - 1178646

Hey folks, while I'm actually really happy to see a passionate discussion about this (and I am taking notes) on this, I must ask you to please not let this degrade into trolling/petty arguments as it does nothing but harm the message from both sides.

I do agree that I could have posted the news a bit earlier, unfortunately, I was delayed, so the blame for that falls at my feet, so to anyone that was affected by it, I am sorry and I'll do my best to get the times out sooner (as I get them).

Regarding US vs EU times and why it's so bad for the US server: the reason is actually rather simple - there is usually a need for one (or more) of the developers to be online to get the events/FAs going properly.
If we look at what 'Prime Time' is in the States, that would be 8pm to 11pm Eastern and Pacific or 7pm to 10pm Central and Mountain. (My assumption is that one of these time blocks is what most people would want to see the FAs launch in).

However, converted to CEST those times are:
The EDT Prime time is 2am to 5am,
PDT would be 5am to 8am
MDT would be 3am to 6am,
CT would be 2am to 5am

Essentially those are somewhat awkward times for someone living in Central Europe.
That said I again do agree with the sentiment of 'you've got US servers, so why don't you have US times' however solving that in a way that is ok for everyone is rather hard as there is only so much that we can (and I'm sure even legally) ask of our developers.

I'm sure that some of you would argue that the deployment could be automated, and I'm sure it could be, however, we've all seen what happened with tournament rewards in the past - those were automated and went out at around 2am CEST, but when there were issues, everyone had to wait until the next day to get them fixed. If that were to happy to the FAs then the mess that we'd have to solve would be far worse.

So - as I said, yes ideally we do need a better solution for US, however, there isn't really an easy one.
If anyone has any ideas, they're free to write it here (however, chances are that we've either tried it or we know it to be unfeasible - but there is no harm in a suggestion!)

They could start with at least the automated ones.

As for issues during deployment of less automated ones.
The US is from a EU perspective a country that lives in the past, ~6 hours in the past.
This means deployment from european servers always goes first, so deplayment issues first arrive at the european servers, could be solved and then fixed before it even hit the US.

The working day at most offices start around 9am Most deployments are at ~ 11 am, add 6 hours and you have 5pm which is for most the end date of the working day. having half a team start on 9am and half the team start on 10am would solve this issue, also an option would be to set an update 1 hour earlier for the US servers.

In most cases the end times of anything are out of office times (tournament 22:00, past FSA 19:00 and former 2am, events ~1-2am.
If something goes wrong now emplyees on standye already have to solve the issue, nothing changes here, and again since the US "lives in the past" any issues are first showing on all the european servers, so any issues are showing here first, have to be solved here fist, and most likely will not even hit the US server at all. it might make the exparience on the US server even better with less issues if something like this was deployed.

Your concerns are more obvious if you lives 9-12 hours in the future like japan, korea, new zealand and australia, but for the US these should not be a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.