• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Adapting is the game!

InvincibleRailroad

Lets get real people, this is a game, plain and simple. We have all adapted to size changes of residences, factories, and training camps to name a few things. So now comes the tournament changes and players are running away or crying about them.
Yes, I for one, was upset about them, but then common sense slapped me up side the head and said, " It is just a game stupid, ADAPT". So I am sitting back, adjusting my city and will figure it out. No, I did not spend thousands of dollars to play a FREE game, maybe a few hundred, but that was my choice. Nobody twisted my arm.
I guess what I am trying to get across is ADAPT to it, it will work out.
By the way, I am in a 10+ chest and Spire Gold FS.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Honestly, it seems like you haven't actually read the feedback or just don't understand the issue.
The tournament changes have a flaw unlike anything we've ever faced in Elvenar:
The difference is that the best adaptation I can make is to stop progressing through the chapters, and that's lame.

InvincibleRailroad

I have read all the feedback!! and I do understand!! Wring your shorts out and adapt! In RL if you run into a wall do you just throw your arms up and quit or cry, no. you ADAPT.
I have stopped at the beginning of chapter 17 until I have figured out what is required to properly adapt to the situation.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I see both sides.
While adaptability is laudable, some changes are just not worth adapting to in some situations. For veteran tourney players who got most of their enjoyment out of planning their cities around tourneys and striving for consistently ranking high in tourneys, the recent changes stopped them from being able to continue to enjoy the game. They could not give back the expansions they placed, return to previous unlocked research levels or anything like that. I think it would have been counterproductive for them to continue to play a game they no longer enjoyed and one that caused increased feelings of frustration and resentment whenever they logged in.
Personally, I'll adapt, but my playstyle is different from those players. I had stopped at the end of Ch15 for the past year (so, not because of the tourney changes, those didn't happen until this past Oct) but am making my plans to enter Ch16 this week. I don't care about tourney rank (or any rank) even though I enjoy playing the tourneys & spire. I'm satisfied with the participation/rewards balance I've adapted to with the new structure, but can certainly see why players with different goals in the game would quit. After all, it's a game and if it's no longer fun, what's the point?

Dew Spinner

I have read all the feedback!! and I do understand!! Wring your shorts out and adapt! In RL if you run into a wall do you just throw your arms up and quit or cry, no. you ADAPT.
I have stopped at the beginning of chapter 17 until I have figured out what is required to properly adapt to the situation.
And that is where you will stay because there is no adapting to this penalty formula! Any move forward in any direction will hurt you and there is nothing you can do to adapt to it. If you read all the feedback you would already know this.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So you've already adapted the best way possible: Stay at the beginning of chapter 17 forever.
Feels good, eh? You don't see any issue with that? That's gonna hold your interest for several years to come?

Your position that everything will be fine if we simply adapt misses the point entirely.
We have adapted, and it's lame.
In RL if you run into a wall do you just throw your arms up and quit or cry, no. you ADAPT.
In real life, if the reward for earning a promotion was less money, I wouldn't want it.
I could "adapt" by simply not accepting any promotions, ever, but that would be... lame.
I wouldn't throw up my arms or cry, but yeah, I might quit... wouldn't you? :oops:

InvincibleRailroad

Droopy Shorts, you are always trying to be a wise azz on here! I never said I was stopped for good or giving up. I will be moving on in the chapter because I will adapt, not wuss out.
I have no further comments for you

AtaguS

Adapting implies that there is something to be done to overcome the new challenges presented by the tourney changes. But as sami said, you can't give back your expansion...I have in fact torn down 2 AWs in response to the changes but was looking for an excuse to tear them down anyway. We can't un-unlock tech. We can accept that our tourney scores will be capped as a result of the progress we've made. This is different than adapting. The only real option for adapting...is to stop progressing. This will adapt a game strategy to meet the challenge. Since many players have found their joy in growing and progressing...it is easy to see why adapting in this way sucks the fun out of the game for them. Unless you are suggesting there are other ways to adapt I haven't figured out yet?

Dew Spinner

Droopy Shorts, you are always trying to be a wise azz on here! I never said I was stopped for good or giving up. I will be moving on in the chapter because I will adapt, not wuss out.
I have no further comments for you
The only way to adapt is to be a newish player (chapter5) like me and follow the advice of high chapter players to mitigate your penalty for when you get to the higher chapters. Not building all AWs, thus not needing as many expansions and stopping in Chapter 15 after unlocking 3 star frogs, as those are the only penalty factors you have any control over. You are well past the Chapter 15, 3 star Frogs level, so for you, being able to adapt is long past, start selling AWs!

Last edited:

MaiSakuta

I'm a returning player, nearing chapter 3. Could someone explain to me this whole ordeal? I'd like to try and understand.

Deleted User - 3932582

Yes, I for one, was upset about them, but then common sense slapped me up side the head and said, " It is just a game stupid, ADAPT".
LOL, common sense. I am sure one can - over time - adapt to being repeatedly kicked in the groin. But common sense would indicate that you should try to prevent that from happening, or move on before trying to adapt to it. It is just a game indeed, there are dozens of others that do things differently.

GlamDoll

I guess what I am trying to get across is ADAPT to it, it will work out.
Hi. After I read Your comment & Soggy, I stopped to post. (I will read everyone's comments after...well, after.)...

Welcome to the Forum. may you enjoy your stay. NOW, adapt to me!? See how that works when it's a two-way street?

Adapting is adapting. Nerfing is nerfing. Unfairness is unfairness...

Point???

Fair! Wait til you can't adapt! N matter how many rabbits you have in your hat. BTW? Stop being condescending. (or whatever you call it).

Thank you!

Iyapo1

I'm a returning player, nearing chapter 3. Could someone explain to me this whole ordeal?
They made the tournaments progressive in difficulty. The problem is that they made the cost too high in chapter 16 and 17. So rank chasing competitive players can actually get higher tournament scores in chapter 15 than they can in chapter 16 and 17. This is an obvious problem for highly competitive players.

They made it cheaper to get 1600 points if you go out six tents and up six stars. And made it really expensive to farm KP by going out as many tents as possible and up a few stars.

They randomized the enemy troops and catering goods which prevents focused preplanning.

DeletedUser27581

No one should be telling anyone how to play a game. Period. What each player decides they like/don't like is of no concern to anyone else.
The topic of this post is pointless and divisive.
If I don't like something that changes in a company that I invest in, I will be the one to decide whether it's worth sticking with that company or parting ways. I don't care in the slightest what anyone else thinks of my decision.
This thread has nothing constructive to add to the already ongoing tournament changes threads that are all over the INNO Forums and social media.
This original post (and the poster's ongoing replies) breaks several Forum rules.
I would hope we could be respectable enough to let each player choose how they want to play, all on their own, without being ridiculed for their decisions, in what is really none of anyone else's business.