• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

add a scout

Kekune

This feels like a good suggestion. It seems simple, but I don't recall ever seeing it. But seriously, how many established towns/ kingdoms/ whatever have only a single scouting team? Sounds like a great source of diamond revenue for Inno...

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This feels like a good suggestion. It seems simple, but I don't recall ever seeing it. But seriously, how many established towns/ kingdoms/ whatever have only a single scouting team? Sounds like a great source of diamond revenue for Inno...
Having 2 scouts would sure make event quests that require you to scout a province easier. In fact, it might make them TOO easy. Catching one of these quests at the wrong time is one of the few things that slows me down in events anymore. And it only slows me down because I usually choose not to spend the time boosters required to speed up the scout. I have plenty available, I just normally don't spend them. The exception being if I am targeting a specific daily prize and it is coming up soon. Then I will rush through quests to get as much event currency as possible.

Gladiola

Maybe this is the solution for the "advanced scouting" research after chapter 18. Add a research that gives you another scout. People who don't want to wait that long could buy it sooner with diamonds, maybe.

I'm not sure how much coding it would take to accomplish this. There appear to be some contingencies in the game that do not occur until a province has finished scouting, in particular the cost to scout remaining provinces. I think that increase occurs after the previous scout has started, though, so it would not be a problem to have two scouts going at once. Other features like the remaining time to scout and the navigate to current scout functions would have to be altered to allow for a choice between two scouts.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like the idea of multiple scouting parties as it's just more realistic. And I like the idea of making them part of the research tree. In addition, or maybe as an alternative, it seems there ought to be a way to significantly shorten the scouting times. In chapter 17 my scouting takes 4.5 days. It's very difficult to do when faced with "scout a province" unless I use a LOT of time instants. An "Advanced Scout Training" building as a evolving building you feed a pet food too and which shortens your scouting by X percent per level, might work too. There are a lot of possibilities.

AJ

T6583

An AW that reduces scouting times I'd definitely be insterested or an evolving building such as ajqtrz mentioned. I'd only consider spending diamonds on an additional scout if it was permanent. Maybe the additional scout is only offered once you reach a certain level or unlock a certain number of provinces to prevent it from being too easy for players who have short scout times.