• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add Blueprint Inventory SOMEWHERE

NightshadeCS

Summary: Have the number of blueprints a person possesses displayed somewhere permanently.

Details: This could be accomplished one of several ways, in one of a few places. I welcome suggestions from other brains who may have thought of something I had not considered.
  • As an Inventory item, on the Enchantment tab. Combining Catalysts are already listed there and you cannot use them from inventory. Blueprints could easily be added here. There is even a convenient blank space where one more item would fit.
Inventory Enchantments.png

• Somewhere on the upper information bar. This seems more straightforward, but would require the information bar to be either wider, or a different category be added, similar to the goods drop-down list.
  • Create an entirely new inventory tab for special items like this. There have been previous discussions of whether Pet Food and other such items should really be included on the Enchantments Tab. If another tab were added, possibly called "Items" or "Special Items," you would have a more appropriate place for Pet Food, Teleport Spells, Combining Catalysts, and perhaps even Spell Fragment totals.
  • As a hover tool-tip in some place that is PERMANENT, to avoid the problem of being at the end of the current available upgrades and not able to hover over anything to view the number of blueprints. Perhaps in the build menu when you hover over a Magic Res or Workshop? This is my least favorite option.
  • On the Fellowship Tournament tab, though this could be misleading.
Pros: Eliminates frustrations of players in locating useful information. Corrects what seems to most as a glaring oversight.

Cons: Some minor ones are detailed above that pertain to each way of solving this problem. Otherwise, a little time and effort seem the only drawbacks.

Kekune

I think of it as an instant, so would suggest putting it next to the RR spells in the instants tab.

But that's minor. It's overdue to put this somewhere. Anywhere. How hard can it be? Why create a valuable prize and then not let people count their virtual rewards?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I agree. This has been mentioned before with the same result that people pretty much agree. Another place for it would be in the crafting screen next to the SF count and CC count. In any case, let it be put someplace besides under the upgrade tab of some magic building where you can find out by hovering over the blueprint icon.

AJ

KarlD

For some reason the Inno gods simply don't want to give Blueprint inventory in an intelligent manner like with all the other instants. Even if people have no magic buildings they may very well want to know how many blueprints they have when considering how many RR spells they can make and planning upgrades of their event buildings. It's not a technical issue. It's probably about 10 minutes of coding time. They simply don't want to tell us and prefer that peopel contact support to find their inventory. Although I'd love to actually be able to get my blueprint inventory, at this point I'd love to know WHY they don't want to give that number in a consistent and sensible and reliable manner.

My suggestion is that everybody should contact support everyday and ask for their blueprint inventory and maybe they will decide that having support give inventory numbers isn't really the best way for them to handle the issue.

KarlD

I actually have a theory as to why Inno refuses to include blueprints in the inventory. I think in the long long ago when blueprints were created by the Inno gods someone decided that the best place to report blueprints was in magic buildings since that was the only place to use them. They figured that if people without magic buildings saw they had blueprints they would wonder what they were for and contact support to find out. Maybe they'd even be upset to have this thing that they couldn't use. It was decided at that point that the only place to report blueprint inventory was in magic buildings. Some time later the god that made that rule went to the far far beyond and was never heard from again. Now, even though there is a real need for everyone to have their blueprint inventory, the remaining gods only know the rule that thou shalt not report blueprint inventory except in magic buildings. Nobody wants to take responsibility for making the change because they are sure the rule was made for a good reason but nobody knows what the reason was. So now they wait for the god to return to them from the far far beyond to tell them that they are idiots for not changing it years ago as the game evolved and it obviously needed to be added to the inventory. So now, even though people with magic buildings cannot get their inventory because the upgrade tab disappears if the building is fully upgraded and even though people without magic buildings want to craft RR spells, there's nobody who will step up and give us the inventory because ... it's just always been that way.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I actually have a theory as to why Inno refuses to include blueprints in the inventory. I think in the long long ago when blueprints were created by the Inno gods someone decided that the best place to report blueprints was in magic buildings since that was the only place to use them. They figured that if people without magic buildings saw they had blueprints they would wonder what they were for and contact support to find out. Maybe they'd even be upset to have this thing that they couldn't use. It was decided at that point that the only place to report blueprint inventory was in magic buildings. Some time later the god that made that rule went to the far far beyond and was never heard from again. Now, even though there is a real need for everyone to have their blueprint inventory, the remaining gods only know the rule that thou shalt not report blueprint inventory except in magic buildings. Nobody wants to take responsibility for making the change because they are sure the rule was made for a good reason but nobody knows what the reason was. So now they wait for the god to return to them from the far far beyond to tell them that they are idiots for not changing it years ago as the game evolved and it obviously needed to be added to the inventory. So now, even though people with magic buildings cannot get their inventory because the upgrade tab disappears if the building is fully upgraded and even though people without magic buildings want to craft RR spells, there's nobody who will step up and give us the inventory because ... it's just always been that way.

Except people who play on the app can see their number of blueprints in the crafting tab when one of the RR recipes shows up. Why that can't also be added to the browser version is the real mystery.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Good Evening!

I have finally heard back in regards to this concept, unfortunately, it does not seem feasible due to the way the game is coded. There are algorithms in place to recognize certain items to be displayed within the game, and unfortunately, a blueprint is not one of them. This does not necessarily mean the concept will not occur in the distant future, it simply means there are coding limitations in place to do so at this point in time.

Sorry, this was not the response you were seeking :(

Xelenia

DeletedUser19458

Good Evening!

I have finally heard back in regards to this concept, unfortunately, it does not seem feasible due to the way the game is coded. There are algorithms in place to recognize certain items to be displayed within the game, and unfortunately, a blueprint is not one of them. This does not necessarily mean the concept will not occur in the distant future, it simply means there are coding limitations in place to do so at this point in time.

Sorry, this was not the response you were seeking :(

Xelenia
Sorry while I laugh. Reading between the lines, they are saying Blueprints were created in original probably obsolete code they can't work with anymore.

Create a new item. Call it a RedPrint. Make it an instant that shows up in Inventory just like an RR. Make it allow Magic buildings to upgrade. Make it a reward in the tournament.

Make a new item. Call it a GreenPrint. Make it an instant that shows up in Inventory just like an RR. Make it nothing more than a pointer to the number of BluePrints variable sitting behind the scenes that can't be displayed.

Think outside the box :mad:

Thank you Xelenia for the follow up.

Bethanne Rainbow

Summary: Have the number of blueprints a person possesses displayed somewhere permanently.

Details: This could be accomplished one of several ways, in one of a few places. I welcome suggestions from other brains who may have thought of something I had not considered.
  • As an Inventory item, on the Enchantment tab. Combining Catalysts are already listed there and you cannot use them from inventory. Blueprints could easily be added here. There is even a convenient blank space where one more item would fit.
View attachment 8304
  • Somewhere on the upper information bar. This seems more straightforward, but would require the information bar to be either wider, or a different category be added, similar to the goods drop-down list.
  • Create an entirely new inventory tab for special items like this. There have been previous discussions of whether Pet Food and other such items should really be included on the Enchantments Tab. If another tab were added, possibly called "Items" or "Special Items," you would have a more appropriate place for Pet Food, Teleport Spells, Combining Catalysts, and perhaps even Spell Fragment totals.
  • As a hover tool-tip in some place that is PERMANENT, to avoid the problem of being at the end of the current available upgrades and not able to hover over anything to view the number of blueprints. Perhaps in the build menu when you hover over a Magic Res or Workshop? This is my least favorite option.
  • On the Fellowship Tournament tab, though this could be misleading.
Pros: Eliminates frustrations of players in locating useful information. Corrects what seems to most as a glaring oversight.

Cons: Some minor ones are detailed above that pertain to each way of solving this problem. Otherwise, a little time and effort seem the only drawbacks.
I’ve never seen a blue print. How do you get them?