• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add Feeding Pets as an option for giving neighborly help.

Laina

It would be nice if we could help our neighbors by feeding their pets. Have your neighborly help options be Main Hall, Builder's Hut, Culture, and Pets. The Pros- you would randomly get the feeding effect of your pets without having to craft/win pet food. Cons: The programmers would have to make sure whatever pet pops up on the neighborly help window has not already been fed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The main issue I see here is that pet food is somewhat scarce and visits are almost unlimited.
E.G. I'm happy to get 3 pet food per week but get 350 visits per week.

Perhaps a shorter duration pet buff from visits?

Laina

The main issue I see here is that pet food is somewhat scarce and visits are almost unlimited.
E.G. I'm happy to get 3 pet food per week but get 350 visits per week.

Perhaps a shorter duration pet buff from visits?
Like a one-hour affect instead of a 24-hour affect?

Laina

Or maybe more along the lines of Ancient Wonder help in your fellowship, you can feed your fellows pets with your own pet food. Then have a free pet food perk that you can give like the free KP perk.

defiantoneks

if the selection for which pet to feed is simply whether it's not already fed, what about those whose feeding effect is only needed at certain times? like, why feed an ashen phoenix when no event is active? or a bear when no tourney is running?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Or maybe more along the lines of Ancient Wonder help in your fellowship, you can feed your fellows pets with your own pet food. Then have a free pet food perk that you can give like the free KP perk.
A pet food perk would be overpowered. Keep in mind a fully maxed level 10 KP perk gives 10 KP a day. And I believe a single pet food is more valuable than 20 KP. Probably more valuable than 30KP. After all, I can buy KP anytime I feel like it with gold. I can't buy pet food with gold. Also, I can win extra KP any week I feel like it, just by going a little deeper into the tournament. Can't win pet food in the tournament. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if my FS members could feed my Fire Phoenix for me for free! I just think it would unbalance the game.

SoggyShorts

Would not this also enable push accounts to funnel pet food to their accounts?
Yep. This would be the reason I think this would get rejected, no matter how many "yes" votes it could get.
Is there a way around that?

Perhaps make it FS only, with similar restrictions as Spire participation? (new FS members can't help within 1 week of joining)
or
A new perk that gives "Pet Snacks" that apply a shorter buff and are granted at 1 every X hours per perk level?
or
?

free-spirit

If somehow it could give only 5% of the feeding effect time or even less, maybe it wouldn't be considered overpowered? They would also probably have to add in a way to favorite the pet you want fed, like they have for AWs. (And sadly not for NH)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Like a one-hour affect instead of a 24-hour affect?
I can understand the reasoning, but a lot of people would be upset if they suddenly found themselves without polishes from their neighbors simply because they weren't in during the exact hour that the neighbors polished.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm wondering how upset players would be if their pet preference got ignored by friends and neighbors. We could end up with "visit pets only" FS.
? Perhaps it could be limited to one pet can be helped per day and only if it's feeding effect is inactive. Inno could sell a Zoo Keeper where additional pet handlers could be purchased exactly like the extra builders.

SoggyShorts

If somehow it could give only 5% of the feeding effect time or even less, maybe it wouldn't be considered overpowered?
That makes sense, this way your entire FS could buff your pet and it would be close to 1 pet food.
That seems reasonable to me. if 5% is awkward they could do 1/24th of feeding time

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

They would also probably have to add in a way to favorite the pet you want fed, like they have for AWs.
people would be upset if they suddenly found themselves without polishes from their neighbors simply because they weren't in during the exact hour that the neighbors polished.
I'm wondering how upset players would be if their pet preference got ignored by friends and neighbors.
@free-spirit has it here. If you could "heart" 1 pet, then it shows up on your buff options. No heart, no option.

NH choice.png

Priority is given to the option with the most hearts until "full", then that option disappears (like builders does now) and the next priority comes up.

Issues:
1. When (if ever) is a pet full?
2. Does this basically mean you can only have 1 pet get buffed while you are AFK?
3. Does the MH still fill up? I think it was 20 visits at some point...

Last edited: