• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add Feeding Pets as an option for giving neighborly help.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Im thinking you only get 1 neighbor boost per pet. Like the builders hut. One boost per builder. Once the pet is fed, it can't be helped again until its inactive again.

Are you wanting to #1) be able to heart help so neighbors automatically do what you want, and #2) have multiple neighbors feeding the same pet?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Im thinking you only get 1 neighbor boost per pet. Like the builders hut. One boost per builder. Once the pet is fed, it can't be helped again until its inactive again.
The problem I see with that is duration. With a builder, the buff stays there until you use it, whereas if the pet buff is short it might come and go before you even log back in granting no benefit at all.
***Edit: (possible solution below?)
Are you wanting to #1) be able to heart help so neighbors automatically do what you want
That would be awesome, but to be fair it's a bit of a derailment and I wouldn't want to hijack this thread.
NH choice.png
#2) have multiple neighbors feeding the same pet?
I'd need to know more about other players' pet buffing and log-in habits.
Personally, I really only need pet buffs once per week (chicken & polar), and all other buildings have effects I'd never use a pet food on myself (but would appreciate a buff)
I can only assume that anyone without a timewarp has wildly different needs.

*** Maybe receiving NH on a pet could lie dormant until you click to collect from them?:oops:
That wouldn't guarantee you could use it well, but at least you'd be online during the buff.

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
Builders hut=neighborly help of 10% building time reduction for up to 5 builders, if you bought the extra builders. It sits there until you use your builder. How about a
Zookeeper Hut= neighborly help of 10% feeding effect time increase for up to 5 keepers, if you buy them. It sits there until you use a keeper.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
And this is what I  love about  this Forum, is that together we can an idea and find ways to make it work.

Alram

Flippers just flip
That needs a separate Thread

Ed
Oops! I've gone off topic. Thx ed!

Back on topic, no one gets my pet food, ever. I don't care how many pets they have or how cute their little begging eyes are on their profile pic.

No, really! Stop looking at my food...now......stahhhhhhp!...

Last edited:

Serena McTavish

@free-spirit has it here. If you could "heart" 1 pet, then it shows up on your buff options. No heart, no option.

View attachment 14355
Priority is given to the option with the most hearts until "full", then that option disappears (like builders does now) and the next priority comes up.

Issues:
1. When (if ever) is a pet full?
2. Does this basically mean you can only have 1 pet get buffed while you are AFK?
3. Does the MH still fill up? I think it was 20 visits at some point...
This would be awesome in general, if I'm understanding it correctly. Someone could heart the builder and culture fully but not heart the main hall and pet. Would this only present the builder until full then culture? I think this is a great idea which would allow receiver to control what is presented to the help giver as help options. Win-win. I wouldn't want someone to buff pets unless i could specify which ones and when.

BrinDarby

1: we know ppl get away with pushing.
2: we know ppl still create +cities on same world/FS.
3: we know ppl have always wanted more Petfood.
4: there might be .02% that have too much Petfood,
yet those ppl dont say we need less in general.
5: the heart system as described was suggested when
players just wanted a better way to manage NH for
what ppl wanted.

Therefore I would vote no. I see this as an incremental way
to tweak things for the benefit of the pushers...

defiantoneks

i would consider sharing my pet food with a lower ranked FS member during certain events, like an FA, so they could increase production of say, Red Panda. how about an "event only" window?

free-spirit

Builders hut=neighborly help of 10% building time reduction for up to 5 builders, if you bought the extra builders. It sits there until you use your builder. How about a
Zookeeper Hut= neighborly help of 10% feeding effect time increase for up to 5 keepers, if you buy them. It sits there until you use a keeper.
I like this as a way to implement the idea. It limits the pet feeding so it wouldn't be overpowered, especially if it was time limited as well (say 5 pet "polishes" a week).

I do not see how anyone could use this option for pushing unless they have a fellowship of themselves and all their alt accounts. You can't visit anyone you haven't discovered or who is not in your fellowship.

StarLoad

I like this as a way to implement the idea. It limits the pet feeding so it wouldn't be overpowered, especially if it was time limited as well (say 5 pet "polishes" a week).

I do not see how anyone could use this option for pushing unless they have a fellowship of themselves and all their alt accounts. You can't visit anyone you haven't discovered or who is not in your fellowship.
And the best part is they can make it a real premium building after level 1 so diamonds needed to enhance it.
@Alram, You most certainly need to make a separate thread for this Idea.

Queen of Snacks

Snack Hoarder
That needs a separate Thread

Ed

Oops! I've gone off topic. Thx ed!

Back on topic, no one gets my pet food, ever. I don't care how many pets they have or how cute their little begging eyes are on their profile pic.

No, really! Stop looking at my food...now......stahhhhhhp!...

The idea behind discussion of suggestions is to hammer them out so they are well-rounded and have a possibility of being implemented. Once discussion is over, the OP will edit their initial post before the vote. There is no reason that this would need to be an entirely new suggestion if the rest of the Forum decides it is the best way forward and @Laina opts to update their initial post to include it before a vote.

From the suggestion rules:
"Be flexible about your idea and open to criticism. Not every idea will be 100% perfect at the moment it is posted, but by discussing it together, we can come to a workable and realistic end result that is more likely to be voted for."

Laina

Would this mean you could only feed 5 pets at any given time, until one of the feeding effects wears off? I like to save up a lot of pet food, then feed my Panda and a bunch of other pets to get the bonus awards from the Panda for additional pet feeding.

Laina

if the selection for which pet to feed is simply whether it's not already fed, what about those whose feeding effect is only needed at certain times? like, why feed an ashen phoenix when no event is active? or a bear when no tourney is running?
That is true. Or if you feed the aureate phoenix and no one is logged in to collect goods... or do anything that benefits from the feeding of any of the pets. So, I guess we really need a way to just increase the duration of the pet feeding that you do yourself. Several other posts address that, so will look at them more. Thanks for the feedback.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Laina
I don't know any details. I don't have many pets myself. I just thought it was an interesting thought. By all means, everyone feel free to run with it in any direction y'all like. :)