• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add Pet Food as a Spire Reward

ekarat

1) Spire rewards are in the process of being revised.
2) People complain about not enough pet food to support all the new pets.
3) Pet food via crafting is very limited.

So, add another way of getting pet food -- the Spire.

The number of pets has been increasing, but pet food hasn't. This has led to people being unwilling to feed the new pets, since pet food is in short supply. Hypothetically, this could be dealt with by adding it more often in crafting. However, I suggest adding a second way of getting it -- the Spire. Then, there would be two ways of getting pet food, the supply would be increased, and people could start feeding the new pets.

It's a simple solution and appropriate to bring up while Spire rewards are being revised anyway.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh yes. We have a guy on EN server is absolutely insistent that the 19th chest should have something special.

Deleted User - 849192770

19th chest i thought there where only ten in tourney?

Iyapo1

What is it going to replace? I dont think there is any way we(as a collective) could agree on what spire prize should be replaced with pet food. The needs of players fluctuates wildly.

I will defend CCs and spell frags over pet food.
I actually needed supply and coin rains to spire.
I really like all the time boosters.

I did not need all the time boosters. They are very nice and I would hate to see any of them go but replacing some of those with pet food would work. But other players need those and are happy to get them. So?

Bias disclamer: I have 1 pet. I cater. I am not at the guest races yet. PPs, DAs, and Trading Stations are utterly useless to me.

ekarat

What is it going to replace? I dont think there is any way we(as a collective) could agree on what spire prize should be replaced with pet food. The needs of players fluctuates wildly.

I will defend CCs and spell frags over pet food.
I actually needed supply and coin rains to spire.
I really like all the time boosters.

I did not need all the time boosters. They are very nice and I would hate to see any of them go but replacing some of those with pet food would work. But other players need those and are happy to get them. So?

Bias disclamer: I have 1 pet. I cater. I am not at the guest races yet. PPs, DAs, and Trading Stations are utterly useless to me.

Ultimately, that's up to the dev team, but I would suggest keeping CCs (can't get enough of those).
Obviously, nobody wants to cut all of the spell fragments or time boosters, but I do think we would be fine with only 90% as much.
Supply and coin rains are hard to judge, since some people use them, but some don't. I do use them, but I get more of them than I can use.

Personally, I favor a variety of prizes, rather than a flood of very few types of prizes. We don't need a huge flood of pet food, just more than we have now -- I certainly don't want to completely replace one category, just reduce the frequency.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah but look at who we are asking. For every one thing implemented in the fashion we envision, there are many more things that are nerfed.

jas77mess

I agree with adding more ways to get pet food. In this last event I literally got stuck on (I don't remember the number) in the quest feed a pet or fight and win 3 encounters. I had no pet food, and couldn't win the encounters. I think it could definitely be added to event rewards instead of so many relics. If players participate in tourneys they have an endless supply of relics anyway.

AtaguS

Great idea, the Spire could use variety.
But I second some of the concerns over what items we will get less of in exchange.
If, as is happening on Beta, the moonstone scrollboosted-killer and all its wee bits and bobs are removed on live worlds as well, then I'd be all in favor of adding a pet food here and there in it's place.
But short of nerfing spell frags (I'm all for it but doubt there'd be enough votes for it), I rely too much on the other items to want them nerfed.

Nixster

I agree with adding more ways to get pet food. In this last event I literally got stuck on (I don't remember the number) in the quest feed a pet or fight and win 3 encounters. I had no pet food, and couldn't win the encounters. I think it could definitely be added to event rewards instead of so many relics. If players participate in tourneys they have an endless supply of relics anyway.
I never have enough pet food and they seem to come up less seldom than when we had just the phoenixes to feed. Now we have all these wonderful buildings taking up space in our city and have no way to use them. And I craft constantly.

Getting them in spire would be nice. It would be excellent if we could pick what we want to craft LOL