• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add polling ability within FS messaging

add an option to create polls in your Fellowship

• In Favor

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • Not in favor

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myne

Oh Wise One
Let's hope it's not third party. I have never heard that it was, though I know the chat feature is. As far as inserting the code to do that, it already exists. Helya has capability which means it's there and doesn't have to be created. Surely it can't be too hard to do?

@samidodamage (both with top-of-the-line circa Win95 features!) Hahahaha I used to work on dos systems waaaay after they were obsolete. I don't care as long as it works!

Myne

Oh Wise One
And speaking of the mobile app, any suggestions should include implementation for both mobile and browser or take into account if it is something that will not work on both.

absolutely. I have edited the post to reflect that. Thanks for reminding me it needs to be universal.

Yogi Dave

As far as inserting the code to do that, it already exists. Helya has capability which means it's there and doesn't have to be created. Surely it can't be too hard to do?
This is interesting. I know she can do polls in the forum, but I don't think in the game itself.

Yogi Dave

The code can be copied to where it needs to be can it not?
No. I very much doubt Inno owns the forum code. Even if it did, the database sets used would be so vastly different that the code couldn't be used. It'd be like taking the engine from a car and putting it in a locomotive. Just doesn't work like that.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Love the idea; it would make running fellowships smoother. There are some people who waffle a bit in messages and you aren't quite sure what they were really voting for. And then one person may get upset when you've decided one way and they think that waffler thought like they did. I'm not saying this right, but YAY POLL IDEA!

Myne

Oh Wise One
No. I very much doubt Inno owns the forum code. Even if it did, the database sets used would be so vastly different that the code couldn't be used. It'd be like taking the engine from a car and putting it in a locomotive. Just doesn't work like that.

Thank you for letting us know. Well, I suppose we can only ask. If they shoot us down, we will have tried.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Nice idea.
But considering Inno has neveer cared that the message system is crap I doubt they'll entertain something like this.

Yogi Dave

Thank you for letting us know. Well, I suppose we can only ask. If they shoot us down, we will have tried.
Just wanted to make sure you know, I wasn't saying it's not a good idea, just that the concept of using code from the forum doesn't work. Inno really needs to revamp both chat and the in-game messaging system to bring it at least into this millennium, but hopefully into this decade. Revamp is not the correct work. Replace is. The code used isn't worth saving, not if you want new features added to it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Revamp is not the correct work. Replace is. The code used isn't worth saving, not if you want new features added to it.
This is so what I wanted to say!

**Actually, my command of the technical jargon would have required me to say: It's junk that's just too old to be useful, and it ain't decorative so trash it. Then purchase something with the ability to deliver features more compatible with today's world.

I felt that with my limited technical knowledge, it wasn't prudent to make that definitive a statement. Thank you!