• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Add polling ability within FS messaging

add an option to create polls in your Fellowship

• In Favor

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • Not in favor

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoof

I love the idea of being able to streamline discussions and decisions by implementing a poll. +1 should do it.

The one who voted "Not in favor" must've either been afraid of the possibility of extra doohickeys in the messenger tabs, or thought that it would somehow start growing winter lampions

Myne

Oh Wise One
I love the idea of being able to streamline discussions and decisions by implementing a poll. +1 should do it.

The one who voted "Not in favor" must've either been afraid of the possibility of extra doohickeys in the messenger tabs, or thought that it would somehow start growing winter lampions

I suppose the fear of doohickeys is legit. I suspect a malcontent though. Some are contrary. @crackie does doohickey tab need instituting?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@crackie does doohickey tab need instituting?
I count 6 doohickey tabs in the trader already. One of them lets you read newspapers, if you're old enough to remember what those things are. The other lets you add newspaper subscriptions, which relieves the need of click baiting. The hat tab lets you play monopoly, I think. I'm not sure what the other doohickeys do though. I think the last one lets you pack up and move to a new neighborhood.
index.php

defiantoneks

i'm gonna abstain from voting, and just wonder how much value add it would be for the coding required. half my each of my FS members dont pay attention to chat or messages, so even during an FA it's nearly impossible to get them to play along with the group.
- how many instances do you "need" to vote on something? where the choice isnt either a) not that vital or b) pretty clear and easy and therefore a no-brainer decision for the AM?
- perhaps these instances are better suited for a discord setup, where in-depth messaging, image sharing and all those functions exist?

Myne

Oh Wise One
I count 6 doohickey tabs in the trader already. One of them lets you read newspapers, if you're old enough to remember what those things are. The other lets you add newspaper subscriptions, which relieves the need of click baiting. The hat tab lets you play monopoly, I think. I'm not sure what the other doohickeys do though. I think the last one lets you pack up and move to a new neighborhood.
index.php

Then I would think there is no need for adding thingamajigs either. thanks!

Myne

Oh Wise One
i'm gonna abstain from voting, and just wonder how much value add it would be for the coding required. half my each of my FS members dont pay attention to chat or messages, so even during an FA it's nearly impossible to get them to play along with the group.
- how many instances do you "need" to vote on something? where the choice isnt either a) not that vital or b) pretty clear and easy and therefore a no-brainer decision for the AM?
- perhaps these instances are better suited for a discord setup, where in-depth messaging, image sharing and all those functions exist?

Ahhhh, but if they are not replying now, they probably won't in discord either.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ahhhh, but if they are not replying now, they probably won't in discord either.

Simple solution for at least some. I have been in fellowships where people who just refused to ever comment in chat or the message system were kicked out and replaced with people who knew how to use them, or rather cared enough about the fellowship to reply when the AM demanded it.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Simple solution for at least some. I have been in fellowships where people who just refused to ever comment in chat or the message system were kicked out and replaced with people who knew how to use them, or rather cared enough about the fellowship to reply when the AM demanded it.

yep, I had one member, after they had pulled the dang flag on two separate occasions, and after repeated attempts to get a reply out of them, tell me they didn't always read their messages. Buh bye