• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Adding an eleventh chest to Tournaments

I am in a Fellowship that gets 10 Chests every week. We have a bunch of hardcore competitors and will sometime get to 50000 points. It would be a great challenge to have a new goal to shoot for. How about adding an 11th Chest for getting to 50,000 points in a Tournament? Or for finishing first on the server.

DeletedUser5013

And then a 12th, 13th, then 14th-20th, then...why have a limit on chests at all? After opening the 10th chest, you can keep adding as many points as you want to. There just isn't an endless amount of prizes to be won.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am in a Fellowship that gets 10 Chests every week. We have a bunch of hardcore competitors and will sometime get to 50000 points. It would be a great challenge to have a new goal to shoot for. How about adding an 11th Chest for getting to 50,000 points in a Tournament? Or for finishing first on the server.
Sure, since fewer than 1% of the players ever get the tenth chests, why shouldn't we give those players even more extra free stuff so they can continue to dominate the game uncontested?

DeletedUser9601

In defense of OP, the 40K target has been subject to deflation over the year+ of tournaments. As AW levels increase, and more AWs improve military performance, getting 40K means less now than it did back in early 2017.
I doubt any change happens, but its not an absurd idea (like many other Suggestions).

DeletedUser5013

the 40K target has been subject to deflation over the year+ of tournaments. As AW levels increase, and more AWs improve military performance, getting 40K means less now than it did back in early 2017

You made me look into that, and here's what I found (for my world- Elcysandir). In the last tourney (Marble), 9 out of 4159 Fellowships opened 10 chests (my fellowship was one of the 9). By my math, that's just over 2 tenths of 1 percent of all fellowships. If that's a devaluation, then I'd hate to see what the original numbers were back in early 2017. I think 0.2% is a pretty small number to cater to (and keep in mind that I'm in that group).

Plus, consider that the Devs can't even follow through with their already made promises! I still haven't received any "magic beans" that will level up my event buildings. I've received the negative effects, just not the promised positives. Heck, they can't even get a simple chat box to work correctly without ruining the good aspects of it. I'm definitely not going to ask for more free goodies because I happen to be in a great fellowship of likeminded, competitive players when they can't even seem to get some of the basics squared away. Plus, how does that ultimately look? Giving the top 0.2% of players even more of an advantage (again, I'm in that group) would not go over well.

DeletedUser9601

I think the Marble tourney (one of the harder fighting tourneys) in the summer in the middle of a major event is a bad data point, but I generally agree. The 10th chest is out of reach for most players; my last FS, which was mostly casual players in Dwarves-Orcs, everyone had to save up for a month just to make a push, and we still didn't get it. So yes, the 11th chest would be seen by very, very few players. So I agree, I don't think the 11th chest is a good use of developer time (not only to program, but also to balance, and to invest prizes).

I'm just saying as a suggestion, its not insane, because the nature of the game (via AWs mainly) is that the tournament gets easier. So if the tournament is supposed to be a challenge, at some point (maybe now it would favor the top 1% of FSes too much) it would make sense to add more levels. Maybe 6 months, maybe a year?

The problem this game is running into is keeping the endgame players interested. After you finish the Tech Tree, there isn't much to do in this game while waiting for the next guest race in six months. Tournaments and events are all there is. And Tournaments get a little stale when you get the 10th chest on Friday morning. Giving us a goal that is not easy to reach is needed to keep end game players from moving on.

The reason Inno needs to be concerned about end game players is the end game is where a lot of the diamond buying players are. It doesn't matter how many fellowships there are if only 25 or 30 of those fellowships are actually paying to play the game

HJK84

The problem this game is running into is keeping the endgame players interested. After you finish the Tech Tree, there isn't much to do in this game while waiting for the next guest race in six months. Tournaments and events are all there is. And Tournaments get a little stale when you get the 10th chest on Friday morning. Giving us a goal that is not easy to reach is needed to keep end game players from moving on.

The reason Inno needs to be concerned about end game players is the end game is where a lot of the diamond buying players are. It doesn't matter how many fellowships there are if only 25 or 30 of those fellowships are actually paying to play the game

There's always AW's to level!!! :p

And from what I've seen from those end players who spend most of the Diamonds. Once a new Chapter comes, they fly through them.
So, yes. There might be something extra for those who have nothing to Tech, to keep them occupied other than Tournaments and Events.
But for me... a 11th Chest isn't it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One

There are spenders at the end, and some of them don't like fellowship adventures and some of them don't like events and some of them don't like Tournaments. The biggest of those spenders couldn't care less what chest rewards they get from the tournament. Their goal is to be ahead of everybody else.

Inno reported a 36% growth in revenue for Elvenar last year. People who think their spending is the only thing keeping them going should get over themselves.

No matter what the Elvenar team does to engage players, some will like it and some won't. It doesn't really matter how many spenders are at the end of the tech tree, the majority of them are not going to stop because they want more chest rewards. Increasing content that will never be available to 99% of players (and might annoy those 99% and drive some of them away), is not a good return on investment.

DeletedUser9601

This is why I started a second city once I hit Woodelves-ish. I saw the writing on the wall, and figured I'd slowly chip away at pre-Dwarves (and level up some AWs in my alt city in the process), and then hit Dwarves or so full steam ahead when my main city finished Elementals and was just logging on a few times a day for visits and spending KP.

The reality is, though, Elvenar can never "sustain end-game" in the way that other, more competitively-focused games can. Ranking is mostly a function of time played and money spent. The 2 methods right now of "grinding" rank are (a) tournaments, and (b) adventures. Neither is particularly fun to play for hours on end. Even now, I auto-fight all tournaments, and take every 3rd adventure or so off.