• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Ads Feedback thread

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
And we are in a thread about the latest ad implementation where a player experienced scammer laden popups immediately after clicking an ad. If the PUPs were indeed already on her system prior to the latest ad implementations, then she would have experienced this in other places that serve ads bc it would be hijacking the ads already. Given her surprise, I am guessing that is not the case. Or you’re saying the PUP miraculously remained dormant until specific Elvenar ad was played. Either way, it doesn’t smell right.
The poster is the one that brought up the issue and described it and the description below

" We have detected a threat to your computers safety. Windows had blocked access. Call Windows to release the block."

A simple Google search of that quote brought up the links that I shared to help the user, Pardon me for trying to help a user. I do not have the ads so I can't tell if they are good or bad, not everyone got them.

Moho

Chef
IMG22.jpg

Genefer

I like the Ad feature, and it does not require clicking the link on the advertisement. I am willing to pay 5 Seconds of my time looking at the pop-up to collect Goods, Orcs, Coins, Supplies (so far) from the reels, kp for research, and a 20% production increase for a resource of my choice 4 x a day.

Ad Block tools are available for PC & Mobile, but surely individuals that dislike advertisements already use an Ad Blocker - I do.

However, if the ads required clicking the links for the advertisement itself or were required for any aspect of the game, such as event currency, I would not be pleased. I simply do not appreciate being required to do anything.

As it is now, it is optional and ad block tools are available. Of course, all individuals that do anything online should be using updated security software.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Please see this for help or this This is an internal issue for you to fix

Sadly, the "this" link leads to a company not known for their actual "clean" behavior. In other words, they say "free," all over their front page but when you go to use the things they say are "free," like the actual antivirus program, it pops up and says, "premium feature." I think I'd find a different link to a different company explaining the "Microsoft has blocked your computer" message, which is probably correct when it says "MS doesn't block our computer."

AJ

Terrainia

Hey Y’all,

I absolutely love playing this game for so many good reasons. The addition of the Advertising to earn extra prizes works well for me and I have no issue with that. What I don’t want to see is a man shooting arrows at a woman hanging and hitting her multiple times with a final shot to her head which kills her. The world has too many horrors in it today and I play this game to escape into something beautiful, which is what this game is. Please consider a filter system for your ad choices that is in sync with your own game. Stormshot is not a good Advertisement choice in my opinion.

Huor

We've had the same issues on the roc side of the house. Inno has said every time that they have no control over the ads that are displayed. They show what they are given. I suspect they can only select an overall genre that would be say "games" as I never saw an ad that was not a game. This is one of the reasons, that in my opinion, any game that displays ads should have their game rating change to M for mature.

Sprite1313

oh yeah p.s. for the lame suggestions of "just ignore" what happens during an event when hese drops take the place of item pickups ?
They don’t replace the event currency drops. You could already have a maximum of six simultaneous drops. You still get six event currency drops, they just add a seventh that is the film reel.

Playing on beta, even if I don’t click on the film reel, I have still gotten even currency drops at the usual rate.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Just wow. I humbly apologize for using alt characters to signify bad words. It absolutely never occurred to me that would be a problem. Yes, I read the rules. My interpretation of them was akin to @mucksterme. i.e. do not use characters to sub for letters in words. Did not think a string of those characters would be a problem as it could represent many words. I rarely use the eff word and certainly would not on here.

I feel for all of the mods because they have been left in limbo with the recent changes and that's a bad place to be when shepherding folks.

Mountaindweller

I've been around for a long time. I run two fellowships and am a mage in a 3rd. I buy diamonds because I believe game developers need to make a living like anyone else. These ads have me extremely concerned about the future of the game. The builders hut boost is so large that if the game is balanced around it, it will be hard to function unless you utilize it. That will be the end of my run with this game (and all Inno games) if it happens. In the short term, I've turned off permissions but that won't stop them from affecting me if they cause a change in game balance. Much of the reason I've been able to stick with this game is the absence of ads so I won't be clicking on them any time soon.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Well... I opened an ad from the builder. First run gave me 15 min. increase seed production. Seconded run sent off an alert and my computer went bonkers. It said it detected a security risk and then it totally blocked me from doing anything. It said somethings in the line of " We have detected a threat to your computers safety. Windows had blocked access. Call Windows to release the block." I tried to get past the message but it just kept popping up. I then shut the computer down for a few minutes and came back. I will NOT open anymore of these if this is what is going on. Either it is an actual threat to my computer security or its a scam to get access to my computer.
That is a scam to get access to your computer.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Wow, I am such a rule violator... because when I rant I often say (insert series of bad words here) and then continue to rant... I shall try to refrain from that. LOL.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
The builders hut boost is so large that if the game is balanced around it, it will be hard to function unless you utilize it
You are not clicking the ads so... the numbers are deceptive. It sounds great till you take it through inno math.

The goods boost for example: An 80% increase in production sounds amazing but it is an increase in base production. Your relic boost(if maxed) gives you a 700% increase in base production. So with the ads you would have a 780% boost to base production. Not an 80% boost to actual production.

I am not complaining, they are nice boosts, but watching an ad pays out less than casting a few spells in chapters below 9.

defiantoneks

You are not clicking the ads so... the numbers are deceptive. It sounds great till you take it through inno math.

The goods boost for example: An 80% increase in production sounds amazing but it is an increase in base production. Your relic boost(if maxed) gives you a 700% increase in base production. So with the ads you would have a 780% boost to base production. Not an 80% boost to actual production.

I am not complaining, they are nice boosts, but watching an ad pays out less than casting a few spells in chapters below 9.
likely depends on what you select. i picked the +20% mana.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@defiantoneks

Yes I specifically singled out rewards below chapter 9.

The mana boost of 20%, is it really great? In my chapter 9 city my mana production is around 100k per day total. A 20% boost = 20k wohoo...that doesn't even cover decay. It is not a game changing amount. I could get more out of a chapter 9 genie.

defiantoneks

@defiantoneks

Yes I specifically singled out rewards below chapter 9.

The mana boost of 20%, is it really great? In my chapter 9 city my mana production is around 100k per day total. A 20% boost = 20k wohoo...that doesn't even cover decay. It is not a game changing amount. I could get more out of a chapter 9 genie.
well if you get 20% more it should cover decay, b/c that's 10%.
my daily mana collection is 1,019,200 (estimated, b/c i probably missed something) without including the Maze @8346 every 3 hours
so adding 20 percent again, nothing to pffft over for me.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
well if you get 20% more it should cover decay, b/c that's 10%.
my daily mana collection is 1,019,200 (estimated, b/c i probably missed something) without including the Maze @8346 every 3 hours
so adding 20 percent again, nothing to pffft over for me.
Your daily mana collection is over 1 mil, if your production is stabilized that would put your mana inventory at over 10 mil and your decay at just over 1 mil per day. 20% of your daily production is 200k. Are you honestly saying that is game breaking? The maze of the Dark Matter will give you 2% off your decay at level 5.

I am not saying the rewards are awful I am just saying they are not game breaking for someone who does not watch them.

Everything looks better before you take it through inno math.